Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 2.06: Rat Saw God

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely the best episode of the season. Fan-freakin'-tastic.

I kind of liked how Sherrif Lamb kept his position as Sherrif. It just makes everything more difficult, which is great. If everything was easy-peasy, it would be pretty boring.

Loved Joss. He's just so...I want to say cute, but I'm not sure whether that's the right word. Maybe I'm thinking of that word because I can imagine him going all giddy that he got to star in his favouritedest show.

Harry Hamlin and Jason Dohring are absolutely perfect. Their likeness really is impeccable. I definitely saw Logan in Aaron when he was visited by Keith. Just fabulous.

Loved how Veronica went to lie on Logan thinking it was Duncan. I sort of saw that coming because of the covered face, but it was hilarious.

Is it bad that I already want to watch next week's preview?

P.S. YQ22: Let me know when you finish writing the review. Me wants to read it! : )

Comment

It's pronounced "I-Be-Tha" people, not "I-Be-Zah"

Other than that, which was something that really annoyed me... It was a pretty damn good episode. This season really does seem to be cramming as much as possible in... I just hope they can pull it off.

Comment

weren't there dead rats in the bus in the last scene? i paused it, and i thought.. hmm the title is rat saw god, and look like rats! so it makes sense
        no wallace
        really good episode... clarence wiedman was so cool, with the guy he was interrogating..
        lamb is bad
        JOSS rocked!.. he did seem cute someonespecial
        the hotel guy was funny
        who was the witness that showed up?
        weevil and logan will probably have a big fight
        i have to rewatch it..

Comment

This episode was awesome. Half of it I was sitting there going no way. I've been really angry at Logan lately, but now I feel sorry for him and really like him again, not that when I was angry with him I didn't like him.

What did everyone think about Aaron's "I'm not a murderer" line? What if Duncan really did find him with Lily? That was so mean of Lamb to put them in the same cell. Cliff rocked in this episode, trying to get Logan to get another lawyer.

I loved V teaming up with Clarence Weidman and Abel Koontz. That was awesome. V and Weidman together are a force to be reconed with.

I thought what Keith found at the end was duct tape, like where someone had strapped the bomb, but maybe I need to see it again.

The only thing that brought this episode down a little was no Wallace. I liked V's description of what her and Wallace were going to do if Keith won the election. Sneak some champagne and make prank calls to Lamb. Awesome! I hope Wallace is back next week, but it didn't look like it in the preview.

Awesome episode.

Comment

heyy yellowqueen, please post the review of this episode asap, thanks.
            havnt watched this ep yet and from wht ive read it looks amazing.
            btw, is there a preview up for ep 7?

Comment

i thought it was a rat... maybe someone put rats to bite the wires or something? ill have to look again in a few minutes

Comment

Loved this epsiode. Best of the season. There was so much Logan goodness I was in heaven. Honestly JD has chemistry with everyone. I adore Cliff and Logan. They are fantastic together. Oh I pray RT gives us tons of them in the future. Cliff needs to take Logan home and care for him. I also loved the Lamb and Logan stuff, and Weevil and Logan and the Logan acceptance speech in the jail line up scene. Such classic Logan. Weidman and Veroncia were really good together. And Joss was good and Kim too. I adored seeing Aaron and logan together again. How sad was that for Logan. But could Aaron possibly be telling the truth? How great would it be if Duncan was really the killer. I'd love it. And the ending with Veronica on top of Logan thinking it was Duncan, was a hoot. She sure does react strongly to anything connected to Logan. Loved this episode. Finally we get some real substance and Logan story.

Comment

Or it could be because his "heart had been run through frappé, puree, and liquefy on a love blender" by his ex-girlfriend, Wanda "Dub" Varner.
                  Wasn't Wanda Varner the name of the chick that Duncan beat in the school elections? RT seemed to have the George Lucas thing going on this eppy. Inserting a bunch of references to his first book.

Loved the entire eppy! Hubby was cracking up as I screamed at the TV. Also loved the Veronica/Logan couch scene at the end. Awesome!

Comment

does anyone know what was at the end on the bus? there was something taped to the bus, but i saw a rat when i watched it two times

Comment

dead rat. duct taped to some sort of capsule.

no wallace and no jackie confrontment..

the cliff and logan scene.. sweet!
                      and man, that 'winning speech'- priceless logan stuff.

loved the couch scene. when he was lying there i was like 'okay, why is his face covered? i think it's logan but what would he be doing there? and in a shirt i've seen on duncan in the start of the episode?' and then i was like 'this is probably one of the ooey gooey moments with duncan now and hey, did she something about her adorable, honest boyfriend? maybe duncan's off at the hospital seeing meg and logan is pretending to be him.. or hey maybe it is duncan and he's sleeping and veronica lies on top of him and he mutters, 'meg'..' [yeah.. the chloe moment in season two of smallville] but then i was like, 'naaaah..'

unless duncan's problem was all over the news- and it doesn't seem so coz if it were to have been let out, people wouldnt treat him the same- how would aaron know that duncan could possibly ever be in a fit of rage?

edit: okay, no capsule.. just the leather on the bottom of the seat.
                      Last edited by blue freak; 11-10-2005, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by someonespecial
                        Definitely the best episode of the season. Fan-freakin'-tastic.

I kind of liked how Sherrif Lamb kept his position as Sherrif. It just makes everything more difficult, which is great. If everything was easy-peasy, it would be pretty boring.

Is it bad that I already want to watch next week's preview?

P.S. YQ22: Let me know when you finish writing the review. Me wants to read it! : )
                        Agreed... best episode of the season. I sat during the whole thing ridiculously disgustingly excited... practically jumping up and down... on IM with a good friend, who doesn't watch the show, and spilling out my excitement to him.

I love that Lamb kept his role as sherrif. By doing that they keep Lamb on the show, if he wasn't the Sherrif he wouldn't be on the show, and I'm loving Lamb this year... and by doing that they keep Keith off in the PI world with Veronica. Additionally, they leave open the option for an investigation of cheating in the election and impeachment if Lamb screws up.

I wanted to watch it immediately afterwards... but it wasn't up yet. Can you say additiction???

Don't worry... I'll always post my review or a link to it for you guys!!!

Originally posted by NewAgeJesus
                        It's pronounced "I-Be-Tha" people, not "I-Be-Zah"

Other than that, which was something that really annoyed me... It was a pretty damn good episode. This season really does seem to be cramming as much as possible in... I just hope they can pull it off.
                        Most people in North America go for the Z pronounciation... sorry to be the bearer of annoying news NAJ. Remember... our pronounciation over here is all mucked up. Americans make fun of me daily for my "Canadian" accent.

Originally posted by LaineSV11
                        weren't there dead rats in the bus in the last scene? i paused it, and i thought.. hmm the title is rat saw god, and look like rats! so it makes sense
                        the hotel guy was funny
                        who was the witness that showed up?
                        Keith Mars sees a dead rat tapped to the bottom of the nasty green faux leather bus seat... it is tapped with silver electrical tape... affectionately know to us theatre people as gaff tape. While I get that the title may partly refer to this... as in a joke that the Rat saw who did it, what happened, and now is with God. I think it is far too relevant that the title of this episode is also the title of his book.

The hotel guy was freaking ridiculously funny. Veronica's interactions with him were great, although I can't believe she kept paying him more money. When Clarence finally bullied the guy... I was praising Clarence for stopping Veronica from giving him any more money.

The witness that showed up was the guy on the bridge that found Logan all bloody with the knife. The witness from the flashbacks in 2.01. Interesting witness statements from him especially since he didn't act all that scared of Logan when Logan woke up in the flashback and since he's been MIA for over a month. Can you say something smells fishy in Neptune????

Originally posted by hjkuzcotopia
                        What did everyone think about Aaron's "I'm not a murderer" line? What if Duncan really did find him with Lily?

The only thing that brought this episode down a little was no Wallace. I liked V's description of what her and Wallace were going to do if Keith won the election. Sneak some champagne and make prank calls to Lamb. Awesome! I hope Wallace is back next week, but it didn't look like it in the preview.
                        I think that once again this is Aaron rationalizing his behavior and trying to play the nice guy. He is an actor. The fact that Logan didn't buy any of it leads me to believe we aren't meant to give it much credence either. Also, the fact that he tried to kill Veronica doesn't make him look all that innocent either. BUT... Duncan was suppossed to be the alternative killer if people found out about Aaron Echolls through spoilers, the gossip on the street says that Duncan is leaving by episode 1.12 (only mere speculation because someone is leaving the show by that episode), and Duncan has been acting mightly strange this season. While I don't think that Duncan is the actual killer, I do think that the writers want us to doubt him.

Although I missed Wallace in this episode. Having him & Jackie in it would have brought the episode down. The focus has been on jealousy for weeks now... and it was time to focus on the mysteries. This episode was all about the mysteries... to throw in the personal melodrama would have detracted from that. Knowing that Wallace isn't signed for all the episodes, this was a good one for him to be absent from. Besides... in exchange for him being missing we got... Cliff, Clarence, Abel, Aaron, Joss Whedon, Weevil... I don't think it was a bad trade.

Originally posted by annieb
                        She sure does react strongly to anything connected to Logan.
                        Yeah she does!!!! And didn't she know Logan & Duncan were hanging out again???? They were playing video games & talking in the last episode. And she saw Logan at Duncan's party this episode. Why did she react so over-the-top about him being there???? I'm thinking someone is feeling a little guilty & uncomfortable. I also thought it was a little weird that Veronica didn't try to go see Logan at the jail... she was the one person that believed he didn't do it and stood by him over the summer... she saw him get arrested and did her whole typical Veronica pained expression.

Originally posted by mars_mallow
                        Wasn't Wanda Varner the name of the chick that Duncan beat in the school elections? RT seemed to have the George Lucas thing going on this eppy. Inserting a bunch of references to his first book.
                        Yup... Wanda Varner is the narc from season one that lost the school elections and betrayed Veronica. RT does seem to love to reuse names and titles from his other works... makes me wish I'd read his stuff to pick up on the clues.
                        Last edited by yellowqueen22; 11-10-2005, 11:36 AM.

Comment

RT does seem to love to reuse names and titles from his other works... makes me wish I'd read his stuff to pick up on the clues.
                          Hey should we start the RT Book Club?

Comment

Originally posted by mars_mallow
                            Hey should we start the RT Book Club?
                            We definately could!!!

Comment

You wanna?

Comment

Sure... we can start a new thread... and start with Rat Saw God. Just have to figure out how often we go through a book and what the format for the discussion is.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎