Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 2.06: Rat Saw God

Ladies and Gentlemen.. It's back.

From UPN
    With Aaron Echolls (guest star Harry Hamlin) facing trial for Lilly's murder, the previously accused Abel Koontz appears to enlist Veronica's help in finding his missing daughter Amelia, leading to a confrontation with Kane Software's head of security. Meanwhile, Logan is arrested for the murder of biker Felix Tombs when a witness comes forward and meets with a surprise visitor while in jail. Later, Keith anxiously awaits the results of the race for Sheriff on election night. One of the girls from TOP MODEL makes a guest appearance as does Joss Whedon

OMG OMG OMG... I'm hyperventilating with the sheer excitment... new VM tonight... Aaron Echolls... Clarence... Koontz... Joss Whedon... OMG OMG OMG

Comment

Love that you beat me to it again NAJ!!!

Comment

me too!

only like: 6 hours an 9 minutes left

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
          Love that you beat me to it again NAJ!!!

Comment

hey you guys beat me to it this whole season lol

Comment

i can't wait for JOSS WHEDON... only about 4 hours and 45 minutes

Comment

I still have to wait about 2hrs & 45min... so sad!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Apparently I also have a split personality!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Okay so after 15 min I'm like SHUT UP!!! And then 25 min I'm like HOLY CRAP!!! and now 40 min I'm like SHUT UP AGAIN!!!

Comment

Best episode of this season and frankly one of the best episodes of both seasons. Freaking awesome. I have to watch it again before I can review it really well. But a few things...

a) Can it get any worse for Logan????
                    b) Sheriff Lamb is such a dick... forcing Logan in with his father
                    c) There has to be more to the Amelia story
                    d) I loved that everyone was teaming up with their enemies... Veronica, Clarence & Abel...
                    e) Papa Mars rocked in this episode
                    f) What was going on with the last flash of the bus????
                    g) The Logan & Veronica interaction in Duncan's apartment was priceless... "must be the argyle".... and "always a tease"

Comment

Logan's defintely getting the action that he deserves this year. I'm loving how deep he's gotten himself in and yet, he continues to play about those famous quailities without any issue. We'll finally be getting some tension with Logan living with Duncan, at long last.

Comment

Yup... long live the snarky, tension-filled, sarcastically infused, witty, absolutely tortured, mushy marshmellowy, hot & sexy man that is Logan... yummy!!!!

Was there a preview at the end of your episode???? They didn't air one for me... so sad.

Sorry... I went crazy... I found the preview... that looked really weird.
                        Last edited by yellowqueen22; 11-09-2005, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Nope, didn't get one here either.

Comment

I still want to know what the hell the title means... Rat Saw God???

Comment

A fan asked about the rats-in chains logo that Rob Thomas uses... and he responded with...
                              My first novel was Rats Saw God. My second novel was Slave Day. My corporation name is Slave Rats Inc. The Rats in chains stem from that.
                              So I'm guessing the answer lies in the first novel.

So I just read the review... and given the plot of the book as described in the Book Flap Copy & on Amazon... this episode was all about Logan confronting his demons... at least based on the episode title.

Amazon.com
                              In order to pass English class and graduate, 18-year-old Steve York has to write a 100- page essay about his life. What sounds like a run-of-the-mill writing assignment, however, becomes an excuse for Steve to reflect on the last four years (from Texas freshman to California senior), and figure out where it all went wrong. Maybe it was when he discovered that he really couldn't relate to his father, the Famous Astronaut. Or it could be because his "heart had been run through frappé, puree, and liquefy on a love blender" by his ex-girlfriend, Wanda "Dub" Varner. No matter where the finger of blame ends up pointing, it's a wild ride of self-enlightenment as Steve discovers that not all relationships are permanent, and that some--like the one with his dad--can be mended with a little work. With Steve, author Rob Thomas has taken a teenage outsider and given him a funny, intelligent voice: "There are those males who merely fill ear holes with tiny studs hardly big enough to offend a Marine. Not me. Most days I wear big hoops. When I combine the look with a doo rag, I'm a regular pirate." As with his other novels--Doing Time and Slave Day--Thomas proves his thorough grasp of young adult issues and emotions. Teens will appreciate the author's empathy and humor, and teachers and parents will examine his work for clues to the mystery of adolescence. (Ages 13 and older) --Jennifer Hubert --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

From Publishers Weekly
                              In his first novel Thomas lays bare the pain, awkwardness and humor at the heart of one teenager's search for identity. Steve York has always lived in the long shadow cast by his too-perfect astronaut father. When his parents divorce just before he begins high school, Steve blames his father for the family's break-up, even though he doesn't know all the facts. Life with "the astronaut" (as Steve insists on calling him) is okay for a while as Steve juggles straight-As with a part-time job and hangs out with a wise-cracking crew of artsy, nonconformist cronies, one of whom, Dub, becomes his first love. But Dub's eventual betrayal causes Steve to flee his father's home and take a dive from scholar to stoner. His last chance for academic redemption lies in writing a 100-page paper for his new guidance counselor, a narrative that becomes the framework for this novel. Thomas, a former high school teacher, nails his setting with dead-on accuracy. The sharp descriptions of cliques, clubs and annoying authority figures will strike a familiar chord. The dialogue is fresh and Steve's intelligent banter and introspective musings never sound wiser than his years. Readers will likely enjoy the quick pace of Steve's journal-style flashbacks; on a deeper level, they will be moved by his emotional stumbles and impressed by his growing maturity. Ages 12-up.
                              Copyright 1996 Reed Business Information, Inc.--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
                              The main character in this book seems to exibit a lot of the character traits of both Veronica & Logan... although life experience wise he seems to be confronting many of the issues of our lovely Mr. Logan. And since Logan confronted both his father, the death of Lilly, and Veronica in this episode... it seems to be part of the reasoning behind the title.

Where's Rob to answer our questions when we need him?
                              Last edited by yellowqueen22; 11-10-2005, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎