No announcement yet.

dukes of hazard refferences they should of had

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dukes of hazard refferences they should of had

I was thinking maybe Jennings could of pulled some moonshine out of his trunk or had his name be Jesse Jennings so when clark called him senator jennings he could have said "what happened to uncle Jesse"

they could have used the "good ol boys" song, they used it in nicodemus
    Last edited by phatum; 11-04-2005, 11:04 AM.

The slight hints were good don't want to over do it

Comment

I wanted a tribute show it would have been better to watch than what was on last night

you ever see that family guy that did the hazard parody that was great. " I got blisters on my fingers"
      Last edited by phatum; 11-04-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

They had ALOT of references:
        The Dodge
        The Car Door Not Opening
        The Car Jumps
        The Story About Running Away From The Cops In Chickasaw County
        Wopat's Charcter's name was Jennins (Waylon Jennings Narrated D.O.H.)
        The Stripper After Lois Was Named Daisy
        Lex Called Them "Good 'ol Boys"

There were more than enough references if you were looking for them (and I was)

Comment

Originally posted by wannalottalana
          They had ALOT of references:
          The Dodge
          The Car Door Not Opening
          The Car Jumps
          The Story About Running Away From The Cops In Chickasaw County
          Wopat's Charcter's name was Jennins (Waylon Jennings Narrated D.O.H.)
          The Stripper After Lois Was Named Daisy
          Lex Called Them "Good 'ol Boys"

There were more than enough references if you were looking for them (and I was)
          Yep, that's plenty. They were even over-doing it a bit with the Dodge, but at least it wasn't orange.

Comment

Actually, It should Be RED! since Superman's primary Colors are Red & BLUE so why NOT

Lots more Lois! The Dukes of Hazzard reunited!
            Original airdate: November 3, 2005

SV fans will just accept that Bo Duke is part of JK's Past like the senator said.

Reference for non-DOH:
            1. JK: "Is that the Best you got?"
            2. JK:"I could have had another 6 inches out here"
            3. JK: "...underneath the Bleachers with the Sheriff's daughters" womanizer.
            4. White strip at the back of the car.
            5. JJ: "...Piss off cop cars..."
            6. Schnidee Driving.
            7. Leaving the keys in the car.
            8. JJ "...woudn't be the 1st time I put my life in your hands."
            9. 180 TURN.
            AND I liked the talk they had in the car for once NOT moving. the SuperHero Pulpit.

Funny Coincidence that I saw the Duke's of Hazzard Movie before watching this eps.

Originally posted by bucketofwater
            I liked the referense to "Chickasaw (sp?) County". Of course, that was the county that bordered Hazard in the series. The drive stunts were good homages too. Too bad they didn't get a real Duke boys jump in the episode. I was hoping for one. I was really hoping for one that froze frame to cut to commercial. But that would have been too over the top I guess.
            Mee too...

Too Bad Catherine Bach didn't make an Apperance as a Detective in Metropilis.

WHERE'S THE DAISY DUKES? Funny If Martha Wore them.

The Honk would be Nice! They Should have STUFFED! as much DOH themes and subtext to this episode.

Cheezy is OK1 cause it would make it funny But I agree not to OverKill.

Comment

Actually they also had a musical score very similar to the
              Dukes of Hazzard sounding very country like!Clark using a red shirt and the jumps....Daisy Duke should be next in appearing in Smallville!

Comment

I think the moonshine woulda been sweet! But the car jump with the twangy music in the background was beautiful!

Ya'know I never noticed Pa Kent was a Duke! I loved that show when I was a kid! I had three dozen general lee's when I was a kid!

(literally - its amazing what will happen if you tell everyone you know you want a general lee... I had little ones.. big ones.. metal .. plastic.. it was a little ridiculous)

I think it would have been funny if instead of the stars and stripes they had put the southern cross up behind Lois. Maybe that would have "bothered" someone though...

Comment

I have never seen a single episode of "Dukes of Hazzard" nor a movie or remake, yet when that episode came on I was like "Hum. That HAS to do something with DOH" because I did know John was in that show (yes I had heard about it :P). So I'd say there were well enough of references to the show when someone who has never seen it guessed right lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎