Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Absentee
    I'm still laughing at the ratings for this episode. More of this episode and Smallville ends this season.
    Not if the ratings continue as they have. WB is tying and could possibly start beating FOX.

Whether you not you like the quality of this episode won't stop the fact that WB is VERY happy with how Sville is performing this year.

Comment

Smallville is performing great this year, WITH CLANA. Yeah, Al/miles sure were right when they said having clark and lana together would drop ratings....

Comment

^yeah coz it's Lana's fault

Didn't Smallville beat out Everybody loves Chris for the first time last week? hmm... well, i guess we can't always have what we want.

Comment

Even though ratings were down slightly, this is a win for Smallville. Competition was tougher this week with the start of sweeps and all the promotion Fox has been giving the OC.

Comment

right that's what I been saying JLA.

Comment

The fact is, it still dipped.

If they do continue with more storylines like these, filler ones, i'd like to call them, then Smallville will have no problem losing more viewers.

The ratings went up fast and it's been steady, but it could also easily go down just as fast.

Comment

I wasn't arguing that. All i was saying is how it was funny, that the so called most hated character is gone for an episode and the ratings go down. No clana, ratings go down. Thirst a clana episode has .2 higher, just wanted to prove al/miles theory wrong.

Comment

^Yeah. I agree.. guess that's what happens when you want to blame Lana's character and then it backfires in your face.

Comment

smallville should have beaten the OC

Comment

it would have been nice but it's never happened before

Comment

Peeps,

The pie has now MORE pieces, therefore each previous piece is now smaller. (Extra piece = OC).

In addition, the WB is not in all areas, therefore as Smallville fans, we are deceived by the numbers that are represented.

Food for thought if you are thinking that Exposed was the worst show. Certainly better than Thirst, and it had the 2nd best Clark saves the planet action (next to Hidden's missle demise).

Comment

According to the websites I have read The OC beat Smallville. Though Smallville still did very well. I hope it doesnt dip down. I will be the first to admit I thought that Smallville would bomb this season and at this point I was very wrong.

P.S. I got my information here.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|98389|1|,00.html

Comment

The fact is, it still dipped.

If they do continue with more storylines like these, filler ones, i'd like to call them, then Smallville will have no problem losing more viewers.

The ratings went up fast and it's been steady, but it could also easily go down just as fast.
                            If you think this episode were just filler then you must not have watched very closely. Lets see, Lex and Clark's friendship progressed and Lex is now becoming the state senator. Are those insignificant to the season's storyline?

Besides, smallville isn't as high a budget show as the shows on the major networks are. So it's not expected to be beating survivor or CSI. The fact that it's doing decently is making the WB very happy. So your comments about how smallville will be cancelled if it keep getting these ratings are silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriminal
                              thirst had 4.4 exposed 4.2 and i think aqua was 4.3
                              Thirst also took a BIG DIP in the ratings after Aqua & had no O.C. & no baseball to contend with.

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
                              Smallville is performing great this year, WITH CLANA. Yeah, Al/miles sure were right when they said having clark and lana together would drop ratings....
                              The higher ratings are being attributed to the fact that SV was moved to THURSDAY nights.

[B]The fact is, it still dipped.
                              The ratings also dipped for THIRST.

I wasn't arguing that. All i was saying is how it was funny, that the so called most hated character is gone for an episode and the ratings go down. No clana, ratings go down. Thirst a clana episode has .2 higher,
                              THIRST ratings were DOWN from AQUA, thats another fact.
                              Last edited by smoky; 11-04-2005, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I wasn't arguing that. All i was saying is how it was funny, that the so called most hated character is gone for an episode and the ratings go down. No clana, ratings go down. Thirst a clana episode has .2 higher, just wanted to prove al/miles theory wrong.
                                You know why the ratings this week were lower than last's? Some people were dissapointed with Thirst's crap vampire story, thus, they didn't bother catching the following episode (Exposed.) Spell killed Bound's ratings last year. I'm not arguing, I just wanted to prove your theory wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎