Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois vs. Chloe: Who is the better reporter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chihiro
    I agree. The writters seem to be having a difficulty in reconciling Lois Lane the icon with Lois Lane in SV.

I hope the show makes up its mind on who the ace reporter would be. If they want it to be Chloe in Smallville but hint at Lois' future career, then they'd have to do a better job with that arc. As it is, Lois can't spell (established in Season 4 Facade, I think). While reporters are not expected to be perfect, they DO have to show a mastery of the language they're using, or else how would they make us believe they got the meat of the story?
    It was clearly established in the films that Lois probably cant even spell her own name.

Comment

Um, so the fact that Lois knows about shoes makes her a better reporter? Reaching for straws, guys. This show has repeatedly shown Lois as caring NOTHING for jouralism and this episode I was expecting for her to really get into it, but she ended up tagging along. And her stripping wasn't even her idea (which as a fan of Chloe I really didn't like Chloe putting her into that position), but it really didn't create any leads to the story, she was more of a diversion. She had no idea that the guy that she was leaving with happened to be the guy they were looking for, I was never aware that being kidnapped was clever investigating! In the back room it was Chloe who was interviewing the dancers, and discovering that there was some guy out there who was taking girls away never to be seen again. THAT'S FINDING A LEAD.

Until they start making Lois more proactive and INTERESTED in journalism, she's just an empty name to me.

Comment

I don't see an inkling of reporting talent in Lois. I'm not a big fan of the whole Chlois theory, but I'm starting to find it easier swallow than this version of Lois growing into the Lois of the comics.

Comment

Making a rilvary out of who's the better reporter in this stage is jumping the gun.

Chloe sees that Lois will make a good reporter, but Lois is still trying to find herself. Chloe will fuel her desire to become a reporter. Which we saw when Lois started firing off questions about the case after Chloe got finished with her questions. She saw the sheriff being a pompus you-know-what with her green SV cousin, so she took charge.

I think they will grow as reporters together. Lois learning some things from Chloe and Chloe learning to go that extra "mad dog" mile from Lois.

Comment

I think Lois is willing to go that extra mile that Chloe isn't.
            Lois took all the risks in this episode. Chloe couldn't bring herself to go that extra mile to get the story and put herself onstage so she shoved Lois into the situation. Lois could have said "No way" and high tailed it out of there, but she decided to push herself to find out who murdered that woman. Though Lois was very reluctant at first, but she still pushed herself to get the story.

That is what makes her better than Chloe, and that is what makes a great reporter. That's how Lois will grow to be a better reporter than all the rest.

Comment

It's true that Lois is not particularly interested in being a reporter *at this point* in time. And, it may take some catastrophic event (e.g. Chloe dies) to motivate Lois to take-up the charge.

But, we see now that Lois has certain "street smarts" necessary to survive in Metropolis. Chloe seems a little timid and out of her element in Metropolis. With time, she may overcome that, or she may end up back in Smallville. I think this may be the key difference between Chloe and Lois, and ultimately, this may be why Lois excels in Metropolis.

Comment

Chloe is the better reporter, its in her blood!!

Comment

Chloe is the reporter, but she is missing one thing. The "Mad Dog" factor. She simply doesn't have it. Lois Lane never accepts a "No".

What people keep forgeting is that Lois Lane uses jornalism has a tool to achieve justice, not because she loves jornalism (in both comics and "L&C" she started jornalism just to show her father that she was capable). For Chloe, jornalism is the end. That's why I never saw the "Lois" on Chloe.

The character in the comics that loved jornalism as much Chloe loves was... Lana Lang. Her dream was also working for the Daily Planet. I keep telling this for more then a year, but people simply deny it because it doesn't fit on their believes...
                  Last edited by Timester; 11-05-2005, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                    Chloe is the reporter, but she is missing one thing. The "Mad Dog" factor. She simply doesn't have it. Lois Lane never accepts a "No".

What people keep forgeting is that Lois Lane uses jornalism has a tool to achieve justice, not because she loves jornalism (in both comics and "L&C" she started jornalism just to show her father that she was capable). For Chloe, jornalism is the end. That's why I never saw the "Lois" on Chloe.

The character in the comics that loved jornalism as much Chloe loves was... Lana Lang. Her dream was also working for the Daily Planet. I keep telling this for more then a year, but people simply deny it because it doesn't fit on their believes...
                    Lana in journalism? Ehh . . . I have been following the Superman comics for a very long time and I was never aware of Lana having any interest in it at all. If she did, then it was only mentioned briefly in the comics and never was a major focal point for her character.

I agree with what a previous person said, that Chloe does seem just a little out of her element in Metropolis and also lacks that extra drive. It's that willingness that Lois has to go that extra mile and not take no for an answer that makes her a better reporter.

The only thing that Lois is really missing at this point is the drive to become a reporter, but I think that will start to emerge soon. I don't think it will be much longer.

Comment

At the moment it has to be Chloe but I think Iois will start to pick up chloes techniques and will then become the better reporter, lois is starting to show signs i.e going undercover etc

Comment

Originally posted by Netmaster
                        Lana in journalism? Ehh . . . I have been following the Superman comics for a very long time and I was never aware of Lana having any interest in it at all. If she did, then it was only mentioned briefly in the comics and never was a major focal point for her character.
                        Silver Age Lana Lang. A television reporter (worked for the Daily Planet also) who grew up in Smallville and shared Lois Lane's sometime obsession with trying to expose Clark Kent as Superman.

The Smallville Lana is not the one from the comics. She is the invention, not Chloe (Chloe is based on both Lois and Lana).

Comment

Shouldn't this be a pool?
                          I find hard to keep track as who is winning

Comment

Yeah Chloe doesn't have the street smarts and the mad dog factor. What would Chloe have done with the cop if Lois hadn't been there?

Comment

How is Lois a better reporter when she doesn't have any drive? Well, since I haven't seen Lois have a passion in really anything, then I dunno if that's a trait of hers, but Chloe has been doing everything to reach her dream.

Comment

Overall Chloe is the better reporter I'll say that but in Exposed Lois was the true reporter she did almost all the work the only thing missing was that she didn't get the byline.

One point though Chloe didn't get the DP job because of her investigative skills, she got it for her writing skills

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎