Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois vs. Chloe: Who is the better reporter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chihiro
    Erica Durance clearly has talent. I wish they'd give her more screen time.
    Agreed. I think ED is pretty good and plays the char well enough. It's just poorly written and badly in need of direction.

Comment

Originally posted by umm
      I canīt believe you guys!
      All this time it was, Chloe the reporter number 1, which she is, and after one time of watching Lois do a striptease and itīs all about how she is a better reporter than Chloe! Give me a break! Being a reporter isnīt just about doing the fun undercover things, itīs also for the most part about research, long hours in front of a computer, and other boring tiresome stuff, that you have to have patience, subtlety, and indurance for! Not to mention that there is a great writer and a good writer, and while Lois maybe a good writer (we saw that in the īplastic surgeryīepisode in season `4), but Chloe is a great reporter; partly because she has been doing it most of her adult life and knows how to us language to achieve the best effect!
      Frankly, right now, compared to Chloe, Lois just doesnīt cut it! I am not saying that she doesnīt have potential, and her time will come, but that time is not now! Maybe in the future, she and Chloe would be close in the run for the best reporter, but right now, Chloe is winning head on!
      As for this particular episode, last time I checked it was Chloeīs idea for Lois go undercover, so you canīt really give her credit for that either!
      I am sure that had Chloe been more comfortable with showing her body, she would have done it herself, but she isnīt so she had Lois do the job!

Interesting and good points!

From reading this topic it seems some are confusing the "Type A" personality of Lois as her being the great/better reporter than Lois.

There are people who may have a go get'em attitude, but they may be absolutely terrible at other things. Perhaps the different personalities of Chloe and Lois make them what they are---- people seeking the 'truth'!

Different methods/personalities, but, with the 'same result'!

Pauline Kahn asked Chloe at her interview if she had what it took to be a reporter. Chloe got the result and the "By line" and humbly acknowledge the help of Lois and Clark!

Comment

How are we certain that Lois on Smallville is the same Lois that will marry Clark. I am not saying that Chloe will Marry Clark, I am saying TPTB have taken great liberity with the superman mythology and will continue to do so. Chloe is a better reporter than Lois. But Lois is a better boxer.

Comment

I get the feeling that Chloe is realizing that she likes the action more than just reporting. I see her moving more in the direction of law enforcement. Will it be Detective Sullivan of the Metropolis PD or Sheriff Sullivan of Smallville? That would add an interesting dynamic to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
            How are we certain that Lois on Smallville is the same Lois that will marry Clark. I am not saying that Chloe will Marry Clark, I am saying TPTB have taken great liberity with the superman mythology and will continue to do so. Chloe is a better reporter than Lois. But Lois is a better boxer.

Well yeah!

Lois is of course the daughter of 'General'!

Comment

Lois is better, because she has no nerve and is as rude as possible, ala has b... like qualities. Chloe is a nice person, but can be ruthless.

Comment

Well if Chloe was such a good reporter/investigator she would have known Clark's secret on her own. She didn't!
                Now Lois would be able to find out, the thing though is that Chloe has not died yet so her head is not where it should be at. Right now in Lois's world it is all about Lois and clark is just another guy. Remember that Lois falls for Superman not Clark Kent.
                Anyways, i believe Chloe will suffer her doom at the hands of her job. trying to expose lex or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypton Angel
                  Well if Chloe was such a good reporter/investigator she would have known Clark's secret on her own. She didn't.
                  Anyways, i believe Chloe will suffer her doom at the hands of her job. trying to expose lex or something.
                  Well, she also said that she would stop PRYING into Clark's persoanl business and she has. As for Chloe future, that's still undetermined.

Comment

Right now, Chloe is clearly the better reporter, simply because Lois currently lacks the drive that will make her excel at journalism. But I'm glad we get to see glimpses of Lois' snooping and curious nature. However, she's a far shot from the Lois Lanes of other universes, i.e. the comics.

But hey, I love ED and I loved this ep!

Comment

Originally posted by Krypton Angel
                      Well if Chloe was such a good reporter/investigator she would have known Clark's secret on her own. She didn't!
                      Now Lois would be able to find out, the thing though is that Chloe has not died yet so her head is not where it should be at. Right now in Lois's world it is all about Lois and clark is just another guy. Remember that Lois falls for Superman not Clark Kent.
                      How do you figure Lois would be able to find out??
                      She lived in the same house for over a year and didn't know.

Comment

I think even the best investigative journalists wouldn't suspect that a close friend was a superpowered alien, but hey, maybe it's just me

Comment

He gave her no reason to suspect that he was different while they were living together Chloe's known him most of her life and never figured it out too, Lana hasn't figured it out either, so that really doesn't mean much to me.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing!

I posted a rant on the previous episode's message board. To the extent of:

How can chloe work at the planet?!?! She will rise to the top, and then we are just to fast forward to some scenario where Clark and Lois are the top reporters and Chloe doesnt exist?

I griped that the writers seemed to not even care about what the future superman mythos had in store.

Then we have this lovely scene of Lois and Chloe junior reporters for the Daily Planet.

I love that Chloe is answering the phones and Lois is bored out of her mind and playing some mind numbing video game.

Then they go to investigate, Lois is practically "Ok, sure, whatever, I was bored anyway."

Then the cop is putting them in their place and Chloe is helpless. But Lois, who was just along for the ride, was aware enough to notice $500 shoes, was smart azz enough to call the cop out about it.

Lois is a natural investigative reporter. Where Chloe is just really passionate about it and works as hard as she can within her limitations.

Then they go to the club and Chloe is going by the book, digging through files, blowing any cover by asking the dancers, ect.

Lois has the guts to 1) strip for the bosses and 2) take the stage.

That boldness is what sets her apart from her future peers.

I dont personally think, Lois currently has any desire at all to be a reporter. But the writers showed that she has the gifts.

Thus it makes it believable to think one day she will be the #1 reporter in the world.

I thought it was well done. And much needed.

Comment

Chloe, for sure. Its in her blood. Lois shows little to no interest.

Comment

I agree w/ the poster who said Lois is likely to go into journalism when she discovers that this is a way to help save the world. She definitely has that value, as shown in Aqua. Then she can put her determination and toughness toward that goal. I think Exposed begins to show us that she has what it takes, even though she's untrained and disinterested at this point.

As for who's the better reporter, at this point, it's got to be Chloe. She has the experience and the knowhow. But there are signs that Lois can catch up, and even pass her cousin.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎