Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois vs. Chloe: Who is the better reporter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lois vs. Chloe: Who is the better reporter?

Last night after watching the show, I noticed this was the first time. We got to both Lois and Clark inside the Daily Planet during regular hours. Sure we got to see Clark jump from the DP a few seasons ago but not inside.

Now, after the scene between the detective and the Chloe with Lois, I just get the feeling that Lois has 'it' over Chloe. Chloe is a talented reporter but she lacks the go getter stuff Lois might have. Well, I am thinking the when you would compare two football players who can run the a fast 40 yard dash. If why would Jerry Rice have a hall of fame career and an guy with his same built and speed would not. Rice has 'it' just Lois seems to demonstrating.

Well as we all know, It is Lois who becomes a great reporter along side Clark.

Comment

Chloe is aggressive as far as reporting goes, but Lois makes her look like a snapping turtle rather than a shark.

Lois asked one really awesome journalistic question... can't remember what it was, that Chloe wasn't even thinking about. I know one day she'll make a great reporter!

Comment

Lois is better, Chloe is good, as a school paper reporter. But as a Reporter for a well know Newspaper (The Daily Planet) Chloe has a lot to learn.

Comment

We're talking about Future Lois, right? Because SV Lois doesn't come across as particularly reporter-like.

I really thought that, last night, we'd be getting our first real glimpses of reporter Lois. But I didn't see any. And the longer they go without showing Lois having that reporter's instinct, the harder it is for me to believe SV Lois could possibly become the dogged reporter we've seen in all other incarnations.

Comment

Lois notices the little things that make a great investigative reporter like the murdered strippers 500 dollar shoes. I like how Smallville exploits that.

Comment

Originally posted by PETER WEST
              Lois is better, Chloe is good, as a school paper reporter. But as a Reporter for a well know Newspaper (The Daily Planet) Chloe has a lot to learn.
              Well, this Lois knows even less of being a reporter for a well known newspaper. She doesn't even know anything about a high school one.

Chloe's whole life is about being a reporter. She knows how to get a story with faccts (Thirst!) So I think she has an advantage of Lois. Lois isn't into reporting..yet

Comment

Originally posted by dancinggopher01
                Lois notices the little things that make a great investigative reporter like the murdered strippers 500 dollar shoes. I like how Smallville exploits that.
                Noticing stuff and knowing some useful facts doesn't make one a great reporter. It just means you notice things and know some stuff.

Comment

No, Lois is not a reporter, she is a video game player when hanging out at the Daily Planet. The reason Lois knew about expensive shoes is that she has been living off of Daddy's money all her life and done relatively nothing, apparently, until being a coffee shop waitress. As such, if she is still not dependent on Daddy, she is smart enough to know that she can't afford $500 shoes, a nice new car, or probably even an apartment. No reporter skill shown knowing about expensive things, it was a part of a priviledged upbringing as a high ranking general's daughter.

Comment

Lois definitely! Chloe was all meek and timid last night, she didn't even ask any questions. Lois was the observant one, and even did the dirty work. Any good INVESTIGATIVE reporter wouldn't foist their invesitgating off on someone else.

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                    We're talking about Future Lois, right? Because SV Lois doesn't come across as particularly reporter-like.

I really thought that, last night, we'd be getting our first real glimpses of reporter Lois. But I didn't see any. And the longer they go without showing Lois having that reporter's instinct, the harder it is for me to believe SV Lois could possibly become the dogged reporter we've seen in all other incarnations.

No offense but how you NOT see any? She was observant, asked the right questions like any GOOD repoter would. Chloe was too meek and timid last night to even ask any questions. Plus Lois did all the undercover work, the only thing missing was Lois getting the byline in the paper. Chloe gets all the credit
                    Last edited by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~; 11-04-2005, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~

She was observant, asked the right questions like any GOOD repoter would. Chloe was too meek and timid last night to even ask any questions. Plus Lois did all the undercover work, the only thing missing was Lois getting the byline in the paper. Chloe gets all the credit
                      Such as when Sawyer was brushing off the situation Lois stood up and gave her good evidence to look into it more. Clark and Lois practically did everything IMO.

Comment

Yep they did, Chloe just seemed more like the bystander than anything. A few people have commented how Chloe seemed out of place and lost at the DP that Lois looked like she fit at the DP like a glove

Comment

Chloe wasn't meek and timid. Chloe was doing her reporter thing (trying to get the dancers to talk, taking pictures of the parking lot), while Lois was playing decoy. Lois asked a couple of good questions, but they are the kinds of questions I'd ask in a similar situation, and I'm not a reporter.

I don't know who it was. Some famous reporter. He said the best reporters fade into the background as much as possible and observe. That's what Chloe was doing.

Comment

Chloe helped stear things I'll give her that, but Lois and Clark really did a alot more and risked a lot more.

Hmm..maybe because we are used to the character to be at DP. It just seems only natural.

Originally posted by Dannyblue1

I don't know who it was. Some famous reporter. He said the best reporters fade into the background as much as possible and observe. That's what Chloe was doing.
                            As did Lois. Both girls observed while Clark was way too noticeable i.e. "a coke on the rocks"

Comment

I thought Chloe was as good a reporter as she's always been, but Lois jumped into the middle of the situation while Chloe stayed on the sidelines. I think that's the difference. And even when Clark showed up, Lois didn't think "Oh, I'm saved." She kept fighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎