No announcement yet.

Recycling the actors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling the actors

I know it may be a little pathetic that I noticed, but I though that one of Buffy's side kick vampires, the brown curly haird chick, looke a lot like Pete's dance date in the Season 1 finale. Any one else think so?

Being a newbie, I'm sure this one's been talked about, but the Asian guy that gets shot and killed in "Insurgence" looked a lot like one of the Chinese guards from "Scared."

It is the same guy from Insurgence (Byron Mann, I think).

You may be right about that girl. I definitely looked at her and thought, "Where in this show have I seen her before?".

Comment

According to:

There were more recycled actors:

Erica Cerra was Courtney (don't remember who Courtney was--possible sorority girl) in this (was a warehouse worker in Lucy)

Angelika Baran was the bunny ears girl w/ hooker boots (was Erika Fox in Tempest)

Luciana Carro was Kayrin (was she the one in the nurse outfit?) (she was a Talon waitress in Rush; probably the one who found Clark & Chloe all over each other)

Out of all the actors, I think Jesse Hutch has been seen the most (he was Troy Turner <the guy who made fun of Amy Palmer> in Shimmer, Todd Turner <the guy who died of old age in the pool> in Redux, and Billy Durden <Dawn Stiles' boyfriend> in Spirit). I wonder if the characters he played in Shimmer & Redux were supposed to be twins? He even played Hookman in the previous episode of Supernatural.

They goofed with the guy who played Dr. Yeagar in Resurrection. In the following episodes where he appeared (like in Scare) he was referred to as Dr. Scanlan. Dr. Scanlan was the doctor who did the open heart surgery on Jonathan in Resurrection. The name should have been the same since he's playing the same role.

Comment

Recycling the actors is one thing on smallville i'm not happy with. Each time it happens I feel like TPTB are thinking that we're dumb and we'll never be able to recognize the guys
        It's not serious and for me this show is losing some credibility each time it happens...

I don't know if one of you guys recognize this man, but Chloe's doctor at the hospital is the same guy that Lex hired in "Crusade" to find out what happens with the plane (when Clark stole the stone)

Comment

it doesn't bother me all that much cause other shows did it a lot too. buffy is a good example of this.

btw: your avatar is hillarious

Comment

Or you know..they could just want to give extras that they work with well a job..i mean these people need to get paid. I really not that miticulous when it comes to the extras or minor characters..i mean its not like there a focal point in the show.

Comment

Buffy constantly used the same actors for the same roles though in the Buffyverse. They were the semi-regulars of the show. Only one actor that had two different roles in the Buffyverse. Tom Lenk had two different roles on the show. The first role was in a vampire form where you seriously couldn't tell it was him. The second role was the human Andrew. They also used the same extras to show familarity for the town Sunnydale. There wasn't as much recycling until Firefly came into play where we saw Knox/Holden, Jasmine/Zoe, Hamilton/Jayne, and Caleb/Mal to be used. Joss Whedon loved to use actors that he was familar with for the solid roles, however; they were only recycled in the Whedonverse not the Buffyverse.
              Last edited by Summers; 10-29-2005, 11:58 PM.

Comment

yeah. i never really notice things like that very often, till someone on here points them out. then again, there are a lot of things i don't notice till someone else points them out. hmmm...maybe i should pay more attention.....or not. anyway i think its good that they give the extras work. although in reverse, wouldn't they want to hire new actors to give them a chance to get some experience and a pay check?

Comment

Smallville has done it, but is not nearly as bad as some shows have been like with X-Files and the worst of all time 21 Jump Street. I am not saying that I disliked the show. I actually really enjoy it. However, in 21 Jump Street, there were at least 10 actors that had two or more roles over the course of the show. Jason Priestly played two different roles, in the same season, within the span of a few episodes... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DGreen
                    anyway i think its good that they give the extras work. although in reverse, wouldn't they want to hire new actors to give them a chance to get some experience and a pay check?
                    It really depend on the character and situation. The characters of Larry and Jonathan on BtVS were really never intended to be more than just extras, but the actors were so well at the small parts and the chemistry with the cast they fleshed them out more. It really just depends. Sometimes new actors are used for the big roles or season long semi-regulars. What happened on shows where the extras were fleshed out is a rarity on tv shows. Usually shows that are hard bent to keep everything in order, and to have a solid viewing experience wouldn't do what Smallville, X-Files, or 21 Jump Street would do. It really depends on how the show is runned, and the situation.

Comment

Right at the start of "Spirit", a girl is shown for just a couple of seconds backing away to let Dawn pass. I've always thought the girl looks a lot like Jodi (the fat-sucker) from "Craving", but the fact she isn't credited halts any thoughts of the two girls being the same. Anyone else noticed?

Comment

Do you have a screencap? I know the girl from "Craving" is Amy Adams who did play on BtVS as Tara's cousin, and played in Cruel Intentions 2.

Comment

This is the lookalike I mentioned. Anyone else think she could be Amy Adams from "Craving"? Or should I see the optician...?

Comment

It does look like her. Here is a picture of her in Craving:

Comment

I don't see it as a big deal. It's too much of a pain for them to find actors they can depend and work with for each small part when they can just reuse some they already trust

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎