Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1138!!! Did you hear that Star Wars reference??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1138!!! Did you hear that Star Wars reference??

1138 was the detention block that Princess Leia was being held by the Empire in "Star Wars - Episode 4" before Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan and the droids rescued her....I thought it was cute that in this episode (with guest appearance by Carrie Fisher) they gave Lex's project that same number....one of the cute things that saved this episode from being very bad.

OH! I remember that!

Comment

Wow .. you can always tell the youngin's on these boards.

History lesson for the kiddies:

Comment

Yeah the cell block in SW was a shout out to THX 1138, as was the project title in thirst.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

there is already a thread on this, 1138 is lea's cell block # from a star wars a new hope

Comment

In the Ezra Small Hidden Prophesy #6 there is a series of lines spoken by a "Hologram" in Lucas's first film "THX-1138":

"The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching."

Comment

Wow now here's some trivia:

George Lucas apparently named the film after his San Francisco telephone number, 849 1138 - the letters THX correspond to letters found on the buttons 8, 4 and 9.

Gotta love IMDB

watch out for project TMQ-5309. I hear the Jenny virus is extremely contagious !

Comment

Yeah, picked up that THX 1138 reference right away. I actually laughed out loud everytime they said it.

Comment

Re: 1138!!! Did you hear that Star Wars reference??

Originally posted by drwood
                    1138 was the detention block that Princess Leia was being held by the Empire in "Star Wars - Episode 4" before Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan and the droids rescued her....I thought it was cute that in this episode (with guest appearance by Carrie Fisher) they gave Lex's project that same number....one of the cute things that saved this episode from being very bad.
                    Was that really Carrie Fisher?! I thought it was her but i wasn't sure.

Comment

Nice catch! I didn't realize that. Gotta love this series for subtleties like that.

PnF

Comment

yes it was really carrie fisher

Comment

I think the cheapest line of the episode was

'slaying buffy the vampire'

groan.... ok so maybe the boys do need to apologize to Joss

Comment

Didn't know...sweet...!!!

I though the Buffy think was somewhat dry.

I love it when Clark mentions to Chloe about how he hates Costumes...!!!

Comment

Completely missed that. I was wondering what the numbers were about. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎