Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1138!!! Did you hear that Star Wars reference??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nicely done. I didn't pick that one up!

Comment

He. I caught it. And was very happy.

Just for the record, the number wasn't just in the original Star Wars. Other people have mentioned THX-1138, but George Lucas also includes the numbers 1138 in every film he directs.

</nerd>

Comment

Nice reference.

Comment

I was happy we saw the ESP reference finally.
          shirkie

Comment

I'm watching the ep late, and I actually paused it right at that point to come on here and see who else caught that. I about fell out of my chair to see a shout-out to Lucas in a Smallville episode that only us fanboys/fangirls would catch.

Something about Marsters saying "Clark...there's no such thing as vampires!" was kinda fun too.

Comment

Also Nice Black costume of Clark when he confronted Lex with the info.

- http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...threadid=44203
              Last edited by RedQ; 05-21-2006, 06:21 AM.

Comment

RedO, you mean how he looked like Darth Vader except for the head.

1138 is some nice trivia. I was wondering why they didn't name it something to do with level 3, but now I know.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of chuckled when I heard it.

Also, 1138 is the number of the cell block Luke Skywalker claims Chewbacca is being transported to on the Death Star in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. In Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Rogue 11 is ordered to sector 38. The number 1138 is printed on a battle droid's back in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, and in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Clone Trooper Commander Bacara of the Galactic Marines has the numbers "1138" as his clone registration number.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎