Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Future SuperHeroes" and "Up, Up, and Away"...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al and Miles better change their names and move to Siberia if they harm Chloe. Perverted sense or not, they will be trash in our book if they harm the most important (and beautiful) wman in SV. Yes, I believe Chloe has an interesting destiny all her own.

Keep posting your support for Chloe!

Comment

Originally posted by cmgames
      So she is going to expose him? What a nice friend Chloe is.

Seriously, it can't be what you said because to be a superhero who she can write about, he will have to adorn the mantle of superman. Therefore she wasn't writing from present as how does she know she will be writing about him as Superman?
      What she said in narration was not word for word what was in the article. The narration was for the audience's benefit. It was the story about how she wrote the article which landed her the job. It was not the article itself.

Comment

I think Chloe's future Superman comments were tossed in for irony of what's to come. The writers weren't hinting that she has some sort of superior knowledge of what's to come, they were adding puns. And Smallville puns rock hard core

Comment

The Chloe becomes Lois theory(or the other way around) is too stupid IMO , if they do that i aint watching the show anymore! Lois (in SV has to become LOIS) and Chloe well i dont want her to die.
          Last edited by kal-el03; 10-30-2005, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Up,Up and Away! Awesome!

One of the best Smallville endings ever! To bad it was on one of the worst episodes ever.....or at least half of the episode.

Comment

Re: Up,Up and Away! Awesome!

Originally posted by CK&CK
              One of the best Smallville endings ever! To bad it was on one of the worst episodes ever.....or at least half of the episode.
              It was a neat ending, if a little anvil-heavy (esp. if there actually is a figure in the globe). I alternate between squeeing with all the Supes references and rolling my eyes because sometimes they seem so wedged-in.

Comment

Lois should be Chloe

Originally posted by kal-el03
                The Chloe becomes Lois theory(or the other way around) is too stupid IMO , if they do that i aint watching the show anymore! Lois (in SV has to become LOIS) and Chloe well i dont want her to die.

I am personally hoping that Chloe becomes everything that Lois Lane will also eventually become. They are so much alike, and they are both related. I would also like to see Clarkie fall in Love with Chloe, only to lose her, and then wonder if he'll ever meet anyone as beautiful & wonderful ever again. Then....in the Moron's darkest hour, Lois Lane enters his world. Now, Lois at that point isn't Chloe just yet (Chloe was a born reporter.....Cousin Lois.....great reporter...yes, but a late bloomer....and I'm talking about reporting only Guys! Nothing else at the moment). I'd also like to see the future Supergirl as someone tied to both Clark & Chloe.....especially since Allison Mack looks so much like Supergirl in the comics.

To me.....Future Lois Lane isn't Lois Lane.......She's our present CHLOE SULLIVAN! And that's with 3 L's everyone......not just 2.
                Last edited by CK&CK; 10-30-2005, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Perhaps Chloe becomes mortally wounded. Clark's only way to save her is to get her to the FoS. There it's still a losing battle until he appeals to Jor-El for help. He complies...and she is saved, but not as mortal. She is given all powers of a Kryptonian and becomes Supergirl.

The real Lois (ED) can take her place at the Planet....

And I run off with Supergirl

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                    Also her knowing Clark's secret makes her even more expendable, I have a feeling that's why they're holding off Lana finding out because they've said before that anyone who knows Clark's secret has to die(his parents are the only exception), Pete was the exception to that, but he did move away.
                    (emphasis mine)

Really? When did they say this? Was it in some interview or article some where? Cause I'd really like to read that.

Comment

I think she just knows that clark will be come a superhero someday..she didn't say "Superman" or anything like that, so that is what I think.

Comment

In my opinion, Chloe was speaking from the future and she was not saying that Clark will work there, she knows that Clark will become a Superhero, at least, for her he's like a hero.
                        On the other hand, I do not believe that Chloe dies. Have DC Comics bought Chloe's rights to do nothing with her? And IMO tptb don't want to loose money by killing her own character which has a lot of fans out there.
                        In addition, I think that Chloe is the Lois of the Daily Planet, don't get me wrong, I really like Lois, she has brought something special to the show, but the situation must change a lot if she is going to work for the Daily and become that brilliant journalist. And Chloe is like the Lois from the Daily Planet right now, so CHLOIS theory is still possible, but we are not speaking about that...
                        Back to the topic, I see Chloe working for the Daily and she knows she will become an excellent journalist, that's why she says "up, up and away".
                        (sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by Black & White
                          In my opinion, Chloe was speaking from the future and she was not saying that Clark will work there, she knows that Clark will become a Superhero, at least, for her he's like a hero.
                          On the other hand, I do not believe that Chloe dies. Have DC Comics bought Chloe's rights to do nothing with her? And IMO tptb don't want to loose money by killing her own character which has a lot of fans out there.
                          In addition, I think that Chloe is the Lois of the Daily Planet, don't get me wrong, I really like Lois, she has brought something special to the show, but the situation must change a lot if she is going to work for the Daily and become that brilliant journalist. And Chloe is like the Lois from the Daily Planet right now, so CHLOIS theory is still possible, but we are not speaking about that...
                          Back to the topic, I see Chloe working for the Daily and she knows she will become an excellent journalist, that's why she says "up, up and away".
                          (sorry for my bad english)
                          DC bought the rights because it is going to be impossible to to tell a High School era story without mentioning her. Chloe is now part of the Superman "cannon", but that doesn't mean she will live past her 19th birthday. I'm not saying she is done, but there is no reason to think she isn't.

I hope they find something else for her to do, rather than work at the Planet. They created a memorable character, so it would be a shame to turn her into "Baby Lois".

Comment

Consider the logic of a company expending money for a character (acquistion) and then destroying it so that the acquisition can never pay for itself. Even the dumbest comic book exec wouldn't do that. It would be the same as buying real estate property for XXX$s and then destroying it's intrinsic value with no hope of recouping the investment.

The reason DC bought (assuming this purchase actually happened) the character of Chloe was they saw her appeal and potential. An arbitrary 'death' of Chloe at 19 would be a stupid corporate decision. She will live to make money to recoup her costs and then add profit to the DC bottom line.

Anything else is just kid-stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
                              Consider the logic of a company expending money for a character (acquistion) and then destroying it so that the acquisition can never pay for itself. Even the dumbest comic book exec wouldn't do that. It would be the same as buying real estate property for XXX$s and then destroying it's intrinsic value with no hope of recouping the investment.

The reason DC bought (assuming this purchase actually happened) the character of Chloe was they saw her appeal and potential. An arbitrary 'death' of Chloe at 19 would be a stupid corporate decision. She will live to make money to recoup her costs and then add profit to the DC bottom line.

Anything else is just kid-stuff.
                              It depends on what they paid.

I have only heard about buying the rights to the Chloe character on these boards, so I have no idea about any of the details of the transaction. However, it is probably not much. Even if Chloe survives, it is not like "Chloe Sullivan: Monster Hunter" is an annonced title that I am aware of. They bought her rights to use as a supporting character, so she is never going to generate a ton of revenue.

The most likely scenario is that thery are considering a "young Clark Kent" title. In that case, "Smallville" fans would expect Chloe as a supporting character. Maybe she will turn up in the "Superman" books at some point, but I doubt it will be until after "Smallville" is off-the-air. No way the writers give up that much creative lattitude.

Finally, even if Chloe appears in the comics as an adult, who is to say that means anything about her fate on the show? "Smallville" struggles with being internally consistent. How on Earth are they going to control what a freelance writer for DC comics does?

Comment

Originally posted by dhacker615
                                It depends on what they paid.

I have only heard about buying the rights to the Chloe character on these boards, so I have no idea about any of the details of the transaction. However, it is probably not much. Even if Chloe survives, it is not like "Chloe Sullivan: Monster Hunter" is an annonced title that I am aware of. They bought her rights to use as a supporting character, so she is never going to generate a ton of revenue.
                                Yes but DC is a business Chloe has a HUGE fan base if you look into all the other's smalville sites she is the one with the biggest numbers of threads she competes with Clark and Lex so wich such a potential don't you think is strange they haven't added YET to any comic book? They added Lionel and he doesn't have no even half of Chloe fan base. Lot of Chloe fans from the show will start to buy comics if her favorite blond reporter were there. She will be Superman's Harley Queen I think they are waiting "something" special for Chloe to happen before they can add her.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎