Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Future SuperHeroes" and "Up, Up, and Away"...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

She said that because she knows (she's guessing) , that clark will become a hero one day, he saved so many people in Smallville.She didnt say anything about Clark working at the Daily Planet

Comment

"Future superheroes" was her refering to Clark reading the DP, cuz rite before she mentioned that Presidents,etc. read it too.

"Up, Up, and Away" was just somethihng she said... had nothing to do with anything... well of course for us SV watchers it did, but not for her.

Comment

I also got the feeling from the ending that Chloe was not on the chopping block. It makes sense if you view it from Al Gough's perspective.

Why would I kill off my truly unique contribution to the Superman mythos, Choe Sullivan, who has a large fan following well before the series end?

Choe will survive Episode 100 and well beyond.

Comment

I came in late on the episode but i thought at first it was fake and she was writing a story but then i realized she was writing the article and by then end it was clear she was narrating from years the future.

Comment

I dont think Chloe will die, or become Lois (I once shared in that theory). I think sometime towards the end of the show, Chloe will let something slip, or better yet, have her journalism come in the way of her friendship with Clark, or partner up with Lex. This will destroy Chloes friendship, because Clark will no longer trust her. She will be able to live her life as a journalist, but just not be friends with Clark, thus explaining why you don't see her in the future.

or as a worst theory, maybe she was narrating from the grave like they do in Desperate Housewives.

Comment

Thats an interesting way to look at it, but i think that she will go crazy like her mother, or she will be added to continuity like she almost was a few months back and then it's a matter of where she has been.

Comment

I took it to mean that Chloe was talking from the future and the reference "up, up and away" to be her talking from hell looking down, hence the narration like in DH.

Yup why would the writers kill off their own contribution when it is based on somebody else who they've now brought into the show? Beats me, ego perhaps? For that reason and that reason alone I don't believe they will kill Chloe off.

So my take on it was the up, up and away narrative actually meant nothing and it will come to nothing. They probably just put the bit in because it sounded good or something.

Comment

Hey all, new here... but thought id dive right into this topic...

firstly the end quotes, i dont think Chloe was looking back. The way i see it, she was just saying Clark was going to turn out as someone who'd make an impact on the world, (all that power and he's using it for good).
                  the up up and away bit... i think that was just a little nod to the fans as they've done with references such as the JLA.

A few of you are saying that DC bought the rights to Chloe because they plan to do something with her in comics continuity.... well surely buying the rights is just a formality since WB's Smallville and DC Comics are all owned by the same company. So DC Comics will just have the option of doing something with the character if it wants to, doesnt mean they will.

Anyways, my death theories...
                  Smallville Lois could die.... i mean after all Comic Superman died... but i dont think its her.
                  Jonathan and Martha... no way, they are the axis of the show, they hold everything together.
                  My bet is on either Chloe or Lana (or Shelby . I cant help but think Chloe will go do something stupid with what she knows and getting herself killed.
                  I think even if the death occurs on either Chloe or Lana, it wont last, they are big stars of the show, killing them off forever could risk hurting the profitability of the show (and its all down to money with the networks).

Comment

This was not from any future perspective. She was simply saying that everyone who is anyone reads the DP. That is why getting the job was significant. She has faith that Clark will be a Superhero someday so he will read the paper also.

About the deaths...remember that Smallville and the next Superman movie are following the Richard Donner continuity...which means......Johnathon Kent will die eventually maybe not in EP100 but eventually.. So who else could it be?

Not Lana .....Lana lives in the comics and Richard Donner movies and marries Pete ross.

Not Martha .... she Lives in Donnor continuity and comic.

Not Lex....Duh

Shariff Adams dies but that isn't major enough...is it?

Not Lois.....Too much foreshadowing she is the Lois that Clark marries. It would be so lame for Lois to die and Chloe assumes her identity

SO that leaves the death suspects as
                    Johnathon maches continuity but I don't think likely right now
                    Shariff Adamas definate but not really major in my eyes

Chloe.....yeah I can SO see this happening..Basically Clark is running around trying to save all his "loved ones" and Chloe dies unexpectadly and unexplained and Clark feels great remorse for not saving her and in honor of her cousin Lois starts "investigating Chloes death and a reporter is born

Lionel Luthor - Don't take the "Someone you love" too literally...remember Superman loves and cherishes all human life.

Comment

I believe it was from the the future ala Mary Alice on Desperate Housewives, the thing is how the heck did she know about the Fine/Lex stuff, and if she's trying to protect the people involved in the story why didn't she change Lana and Clark's names too?

I'd say the "up, up and away" is a spiritual thing that she's narrating from the grave, or someone's reading from a journal of hers in the future.

Oh well alot of this episode didn't make sense anyways, I mean the Chloe voiceover was just a Veronica Mars ripoff anyyways

Comment

she has already said herself that clark is a superhero to her and she said that the paper keeps record of king's presidents and prime ministers and to mention future superhero's. she said she was already a superhero in her book but he will later be a superhero in other people's books to once they find out about him i think that's what she means cause she is gonna write about him

Comment

So she is going to expose him? What a nice friend Chloe is.

Seriously, it can't be what you said because to be a superhero who she can write about, he will have to adorn the mantle of superman. Therefore she wasn't writing from present as how does she know she will be writing about him as Superman?

Comment

Originally posted by cmgames
                            So she is going to expose him? What a nice friend Chloe is.

Seriously, it can't be what you said because to be a superhero who she can write about, he will have to adorn the mantle of superman. Therefore she wasn't writing from present as how does she know she will be writing about him as Superman?

You are Assuming too much.....She has no clue he will be "Superman" but she has already said he is a Superhero. She meant that the paper is read by Kings and people of note. She believes Clark will become a person of note. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Eklipse60
                              You are Assuming too much.....She has no clue he will be "Superman" but she has already said he is a Superhero. She meant that the paper is read by Kings and people of note. She believes Clark will become a person of note. That is all.
                              So he will become a reader of the Daily Planet? I was just making an assumption based on what the previous user said, quite realistic actually.
                              Last edited by cmgames; 10-29-2005, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I believe it was stated from the future not based on what she said about the paper, but that she said something like I HAD no place to go but ... It was in the past tense and made it obvious she was refering to her own history imo. If in fact it was Chloe in the future, she would know that CK works for DP and that he is a superhero at that point aka Superman. I do not think they were throw away anvils. However, it doesn't mean Chlois is happening either, but I think TPTB are purposely leaving the door open and teasing fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎