Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Future SuperHeroes" and "Up, Up, and Away"...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's fess-up folks, we LOVE her/Chloe she's everything a guy wants and girls want to be (still would have loved to see her in a bikini in 'Aqua'!

And with that, if Jor-El comes a call-in on Johnathan Kent, then we can all breath a sigh of relief!!

Remember Johnathan's words in the Kuwatche Cave at the end of Season's 3 finale when he tried to stop Clark and Kara/Lindsay from entering the chamber??
    Jor-El uses a firey whip to strangle Johnathan and tells Clark..."don't worry about me son, I've lived a full life, but yours is just beginning----don't go in there!!!"

Comment

ok i feel like if someone dies it will be a movie like epsiode kinda like the start of the season the whole superman 2 like episodes where he loses his powers traps them in that thing .well if someone does die i feel like he'll go back in time like when lois dies in superman 1

Comment

Think outside of the comic book box. Smallville created Chloe and for whatever reason, DC bought her. From nothing came something. The way it is working, one could just as easily extrapolate that Chloe's early story become the newest rendition of the 'unknown' story of Lois Lane and DC take that up as they wish. It is all a matter of popularity.

Or, she finishes Smallville as an alternate universe character. Still someone that DC can utilize. Spending money by any company is intended one way or another to make more money. The way the story is progressing is a way that the character of Chloe make money for DC.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
          Think outside of the comic book box. Smallville created Chloe and for whatever reason, DC bought her. From nothing came something. The way it is working, one could just as easily extrapolate that Chloe's early story become the newest rendition of the 'unknown' story of Lois Lane and DC take that up as they wish. It is all a matter of popularity.

Or, she finishes Smallville as an alternate universe character. Still someone that DC can utilize. Spending money by any company is intended one way or another to make more money. The way the story is progressing is a way that the character of Chloe make money for DC.

I dont think we really know for sure what DC is doing with her if anything. They bought her rights but now I think they arent going to do anything with her. I dont really know. Also she could die on the show but still be in the comics. As we have said Smallville is an elseworld so its not that crazy when you think about it. Maybe after Infinite Crisis they will bring Chloe into the mix. But I dont really know how she would fit in.

Comment

Another Episode with no Jonathon or Martha.......

Comment

Very interesting thought that this ep was a major flashback of Chloe after she's well established at the Planet...how else to make the "future superheroes" reference? Unless of course it's just a tease that she thinks of herself as a super hero in the reporting world and fantasizes herself as the hero (not too far of a fantasy stretch, folks...she IS a hero).

The hidden story of Lois' beginning at the Planet? hmmm, could be....

Comment

I really like this ending And Chloe was great in this episode.

Comment

LOVED these two quotes!

Chloe def. has a future!

I <3 Chloe! (and the chlois theory)

Comment

I think she said future Superhero, because now that she's in she's planning on using Clark to help her get assignments that will move her "up up and away" in the company (DP)

Comment

"I dont think we really know for sure what DC is doing with her if anything."

True, but in a way I think this leads more credence to the Chlois theory. If Chlois is the plan, it would make sense for DC to buy the rights to Chloe Sullivan and not do anything with the character until SV does its reveal.

Comment

Chloe = supergirl?

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
                          I think this was her narrating from a future time, not just shortly after the events of the episode. Makes sense now.

The whole last part of the dialog was;

"... its the Daily Planet, the paper of record for kings, presidents, and prime ministers. Not to mention future superheros. The way I look(ed?) at it, I had no place to go but up, up, and away."

Only makes sense if she's looking back at her start at the Daily Planet and narrating what happened in her view of the events that led up to that point.

--------------------------------------------------------

Going by all that, I'd say Chloe survives the 100th episode and the series finale.
                          How do you figure she means a superhero is going to work there. "Paper of record for..." Meaning recorded on paper. I think she means Clark will appear in an article showing off one of his rescues, you since Chloe knows he takes no credit for anything he does. And she says "kings, presidents, and prime ministers," I don't any of those guys have or will be working for the DP, but they most likely have been in the paper.

Comment

Excellent thread. This is the kind of stuff I like to read. Now it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by djpnutz
                              Chloe = supergirl?
                              Always has in my book

Comment

"of record : being documented or attested <a partner of record in several firms>"

In this sense, the correct definition in context is as above, implying that the Daily Planet was read by heads of state and that somewhere it has been recorded that they read the DP. Of course the heads of state don't work at the Daily Planet, the implication is that it is a coup to work there, certainly as a writer read by heads of state much less by superheroes. (who very well might be co-workers)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎