Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Future SuperHeroes" and "Up, Up, and Away"...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Future SuperHeroes" and "Up, Up, and Away"...

Uh wha?

How does Chloe - in the current Smallville world - know Clark will become Superman and work at the DP as CK?

Or did I just totally not hear her dialog right and/or misinterpreted what the ending dialog was about?
    Last edited by SVfan26; 10-27-2005, 06:20 PM.

Maybe this is a future rememberance episode or something? That confused me, too. Maybe this is her remembering how she first got a job at the DP, and she will end up working with Lois and Clark?

Comment

I think this was her narrating from a future time, not just shortly after the events of the episode. Makes sense now.

The whole last part of the dialog was;

"... its the Daily Planet, the paper of record for kings, presidents, and prime ministers. Not to mention future superheros. The way I look(ed?) at it, I had no place to go but up, up, and away."

Only makes sense if she's looking back at her start at the Daily Planet and narrating what happened in her view of the events that led up to that point.

--------------------------------------------------------

Going by all that, I'd say Chloe survives the 100th episode and the series finale.
      Last edited by SVfan26; 10-27-2005, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
        I think this was her narrating from a future time, not just shortly after the events of the episode. Makes sense now.

"... its the Daily Planet, the paper of record for kings, presidents, and prime ministers. Not to mention future superheros. The way I look(ed?) at it, I had no place to go but up, up, and away."

Only makes sense if she's looking back at her start at the Daily Planet and narrating what happened in her view of the events that led up to that point.
        See, that's the way i was hearing it.

But this brings up a new question: IF Chloe knows about Clark donning the cape for sure, does this mean that she may NOT end up biting the big one by the end of the series?

Or will this fall into the grand canyon of inconsistencies along with everything else?

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26

--------------------------------------------------------

Going by all that, I'd say Chloe survives the 100th episode and the series finale.

i agree completely. i think she's speaking from a few years into the future. and i think this may prove chloe is not the one that dies.

Comment

Unless - its post-mortem narration - you know, Desperate Housewives style. Omniscient.

But let's just hope she survives...

Comment

Chloe is definitely not whoever bites the dust. She has a destiny of her own.

Comment

I've been thinking that maybe Chloe's future involve becoming Perry's right hand like the second in comand in DP that will be only fair ...If Chlois doesn't happen of course

Comment

Bottom Line people!!

Chloe may or will be alive and happy in the future!

Consider the Jor-El/Lionel/Oracle words of warning in 'Hidden'---"....someone close to you...someone...someone you love..."

Lana confessed in this ep ending that she loved Clark and...said...I never felt so close to you till now...I could only feel warmth, goodness and love"!

Sounds like a forshadowing to me.

Comment

I don't about future references but I think it has more todo with her having faith in Clark and his future

Comment

but still lana is in the superman series so she cant die

Comment

Chole=Lois. I've said it all along

Comment

Who knows? I still think Chloe is going to die just because its rare that a character gets something or everything they've always wanted and not have it come crashing down. Im not sure what will happen and thats pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo
                            Chole=Lois. I've said it all along

TPTB won't do that. DC won't let them. Lois is a character in her own right, as is Chloe.

but chloe was awesome in this ep. IMO, AM owned this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
                              Chloe is definitely not whoever bites the dust. She has a destiny of her own.
                              I don't want her to die because I like her character more than I do Lois. But she has no destiny other than to be friends with superman maybe. Since she was completly made up for SV.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎