X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked that line too!

Comment

1) Professor Milton Fine (aka Brainiac) and Lex

Prof. Fine: In the final days of the Roman empire, wealth and power were the only things the emperor coveted. What about the good citizens of Rome? What did they do? Do they rise up in their bras and their draft cards? No. They went to their colosseum. They stood idle while an evil man destroyed their world. In your lifetime, each of you may be faced with a similar situation. The question is---will you leave your footprints on the history of time or let them be washed away by the tides of more powerful men? Mr. Kent, what about you?

Clark: I, er... ah...

Prof. Fine: Luthorcorp practically owns your home in Smallville. What if you found out that Lex Luthor, the emperor of the company, was a dangerous, unstable megalomaniac bent on destroying your world? Would you have the courage to try to stop him? Read chapter 3 for Monday. There will be a quiz on the material.

Lex: Interesting lecture you've been giving, Professor (claps his hands).

Prof. Fine: I hope you've been taking notes.

Lex: Oh, just the highlights. You've been painting me as the poster child for corporate villainy. Some of the things you said come dangerously close to libel.

Prof. Fine: It's only libel, if it isn't true. Everything I say in this classroom is supported by my research.

Lex: And me.

Prof. Fine: You're a fascinating subject.

Lex: You want to know what fascinates me professor? Your lectures have included inspeculation in certain Luthorcorp projects that aren't even public knowledge.

Prof. Fine: I'm sorry, I never speculate. The study of History is built on meticulate research...even before coming to obvious conclusions.

Lex: And would one of your research sources be Clark Kent? I know you hired him as your assistant.

Prof. Fine: Now...why would a man of your stature be so concerned with the comings and goings of a freshman farmboy?

Lex: If you know so much about me, Professor, I am sure you realize that I donate a considerable amount of fundings to this University. That allows me an unusual level of access to the dean and the academic review board.

Prof. Fine: Yeah, I know. The buying of influence is part of my second semester.

Lex: If you have a second semester.

2) Clark and Lex

Lex: How's Lana?

Clark: She's back to normal. Same as Chloe. Look, I know things haven't been good between us, but I just want to say I appreciate your help.

Lex: That means a lot to me, Clark. There is something I am still curious about? How did you know about Project 1138?

Clark: Does it matter?

Lex: Only if it comes from Professor Milton Fine.

Clark: What do you have against him, Lex?

Lex: Clark, he's the one who's been attacking me.

Clark: Is that why you stopped by his lecture? To force him to stop looking at Luthorcorp?

Lex: He's doing a lot more than looking. He's obtaining highly classified proprietary documents.

Clark: He is only after the truth.

Lex: I think he's after more than that. Look, just be careful. I don't believe Fine is the friend you think he is.

3) Pauline Kahn and Chloe

P. Kahn: Hmm. Hmm.

Chloe: Is that a good hmm or a bad hmm?

P. Kahn: No, it's a good hmm. If we printed tabloid nonsense like the Inquisitor does. But we are the Daily Planet, and tall tales about slaying Buffy the Vampire don't make it into the pages of a real newspaper.

Chloe: Miss Kahn I didn't make this up. They weren't vampires of the mythical sense. They were victims of an unusual disease. Look, here---That's all the research---interviews, eyewitness accounts, CDC reports, everything.

P. Kahn: Hmm.

Chloe: Was that a good hmm, or a bad---

P. Kahn: Shut up. Here's the thing. Your writing shows you're not completely without talent.

Chloe: Thank you.

P. Kahn: But...you're not a real reporter, either--yet. Everyone has to start somewhere. Welcome to the Daily Planet, kid!

Chloe: Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much. Where do I start?

P. Kahn: Same place I did---at the bottom.

Comment

yea i like that one "Never start a game you cant win.."

Comment

i wud say the make out clana scene when lana slams clark to the wall and says 'you talk too much' CLASSIC!!

Comment

i watched this ep like 2 days ago..nd i couldnt stop laughing...i had watched it before but never wrote on any threads so.....its never 2 late

here r sum of my fave lines:

Chloe: Pauline Khan had thrown down the gauntlet. The woman had two Pulitzers and I had a high school service plaque and absolutely no idea where my next big story was going to come form. Little did I know, that ten blocks away, it was about to bite me in the ass.

Chloe: Well, more like the neck, but we'll get to that later. Welcome to the Tri Psi sorority house. I think that's Greek for bikinis, bimbos, and beer.

Chloe: for someone with a keen weird-ar, I can't believe I did not see the signs, but I defy anyone to tell the difference between an ancient vampire and a freshman girl with a hangover.

Chloe:Never confront a vampire when they are hungry, even if they are your best friend.

i like the cape reference 2

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎