Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe she's the opposite of Samson, the longer her hair gets the less strength she has. Let's chop the blond boys off!! Anyone got a pitchfork and a burning torch, let's storm the UPN office. Are you with me!! Can anyone remember the Felicity hair commotion. this ain't anything.

OMG never would've thought I would've used a bible connection.

Comment

This is actually a fandom wide question that many people all over the Internet have been pondering. Do you guys think that S2 Veronica is the same character we had in S1? I think she's quite a bit more spineless; the urgency is missing from the character. I know that RT and company have given interviews where they've said that they think this is true too, and will be remedying it in the future, so here's to hoping.

Comment

It's part of my whole theory regarding character development. Just like Logan needs to learn to be a good person for himself and not just for others... Veronica needs to learn to appreciate who she was during season one and choose to be that person all the time, not just when she's shunned from popularity.

Comment

Yeah it's sorta like what Weevil said in Normal is the Watchword about her little taste of slumming it

Comment

Veronica is a good person and it's wrong to say that she dated Leo while she still where inlove with Duncan, cuz she will always be inlove with Duncan

Comment

She has to realize that she can't try to be normal. Because that isn't her anymore. That is one of the only reasons why she went back to Duncan, so she could feel like she was when Lilly was alive. You've probably heard this before, but still.

Comment

I think she's long since given up on the whole normalcy attempt of early in the season. "One Angry Veronica" seemed to be the real turning point for that.

Now, Veronica seems to even be opening up a little bit... starting to actually become friends with Jackie. However, Veronica still seems to use her snarky attitude as a protection shield... especially with people that seem to challenge her... Logan, Weevil, and Dick (I know I may get challenged on the Dick comment... but Dick really does confront her with her issues... best example is Dick's kryptonite speech).

Comment

I'm not smart when it comes to this show... so important things pass by right infront of my eyes. But yeah she has been herself lately. And Duncan leaving helped with that. Veronica would be a whole different person if she didn't have her snarky attitude. It makes her better, and more realistic, IMO.

Comment

Does anyone else consider VM to be a selfish character? I hadn't seen season one in awhile, so I went back over the last week and watched the first season on DVD again. It was even better than I remember it. This is seriously one of the best shows ever. But I found myself disliking Veronica a bit more this time around. In the first season I got so wrapped up in the plot and the beauty of KB, that I didn't really focus on Veronica as a character all that much. But now that I knew how the season was going to end, I concentrated more on the characters. Veronica comes off to be quite a selfish character if you think about it. At times, it almost seems like she is using Wallace for favors and the access he has in the office, and she completely used Leo. Granted I was not the biggest fan of Leo, but he did treat Veronica well, only for her to end up falling for Logan, a guy that she hated. The more that you watch the show, the more you begin to realize how Veronica spends a majority of the time thinking of herself.

I loved it when Wallace said "You know Veronica. I'm getting pretty tired of doing you favors." I mean, can you imagine if there was a drinking game where you had to take a shot everytime Veronica asked for a favor. You would definately get drunk.

Since the Pilot episode, I have never questioned Wallace's friendship to Veronica at all. But the friendship tends to be a bit one sided a lot of the time.

Anyone else agree?
                    Last edited by vyperman7; 04-29-2006, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Yes, Veronica used to be selfish... I noticed it a lot. But in the middle of the 2nd season, she started to change. But I don't blame her for always asking Wallace for favors, because really, who else does she have to ask?

Comment

Might as well pick up this thread again...

At the start of the series, V's only friend/ally is her dad. She could count on him to stick to the moral high ground. He was her knight in shining armor. It's a testament to her love for him that she chooses to bear the uncertainty/shame/guilt of her rape. She knows no good can come of telling him about it. She's convinced that everyone at school is out to get her. In her own words, they'd "walk over my corpse for free gum." How much of this is due to the events surrounding her rape, we don't really know. True, everyone had figured her for a real slut because of her behavior at Shelly Pomroy's party. But it's safe to assume that no one knew she'd been drugged. So she isolates herself further. Won't engage others, won't participate. She does what she needs to get by/ahead, and goes her own way.

Then she gets a Wallace of her very own, and her life begins to change. While she's still an outsider, she's no longer completely alone. Suddenly she's got another person she can depend on. Wallace is her ally, but not her confidant. She's had to keep things bottled up way too long to trust anyone quite so quickly.

One thing no one has mentioned when comparing S1 Veronica to S2 Veronica is her most important relationship: The one she has with her father. After he had to crawl through the fire to save her from the freezer, and was hospitalized, maybe Veronica realized that he never would have been in any danger from Aaron if not for her. Had she called Keith (or Lamb, or Leo, or a freakin' taxi) and stayed at the Kane's home, among LOTS and LOTS of people, Aaron would not have had a chance to hurt her. But no. She's gotta be the one who knows best, so she gets in her car, alone, with crucial evidence against the killer. Not the brightest knife in the elevator. She might as well have been the one to put Keith in the hospital. Ah, the angst!

Keith told her in S1 that maybe she'd be better off in a normal job. When S1 climaxes and she's brought face to face with the deep love her father has for her, she also has to face up to the fact that he may be right. In S2, she's not aiming for normalcy because SHE wants it, she's aiming for it because that's what her father wants for her. Very much of her S2 sleuthing was hidden from Keith because she knows that's just not normal teen girl behavior.

I don't think she really wanted to be in with the 09ers, either. She wants to love someone and be loved in return, but we didn't see a lot of her rushing to hang out with anyone other than her current squeeze.

As far as Veronica/Duncan vs Veronica/Logan, neither presents itself as anything resembling a healthy relationship. There's too much history and too much baggage. While I didn't care for Leo too much (he just seemed a little too on the make) maybe it's time for him to step up and try again.
                        Last edited by BlancheDuBois; 01-26-2007, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Re: The REAL Veronica

Originally posted by LaineSV11

-while she was still in love with duncan, she dates leo
                          i thought while she was dating leo she was dating Logan before she broke up with leo

thanks to gilmoregirls101

thanks to jesslvr
                          Last edited by Lanya; 03-12-2007, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎