Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time it took Logan's breakdown... I'm guessing this time it will take her own.

Comment

yeah.. i've been thinking the same thing..

Comment

Agreed. I don't like a mushy Veronica...

She has been way too.. mushy is the only word I can think of. She's not been the same since she got back with Duncan. Bad writers! (slaps their wrists).

I do like her Robin Hood style vengeance, but she was more enjoyable last season..

Stevie

Comment

when her hair was shorter she was more grown up about things and smart, now shes all mushy and stupid with her long hair.

Comment

I think mushy & stupid is taking it a bit far... she isn't either of those... I think more than anything she is trying to fit in and find her new role in the school. She is not an outsider anymore, but she isn't sweet popular innocent mushy Veronica from several years ago either... she's trying to find her place & she is having a hard time.

Comment

Well, I guess it's hard for me to say anything since I haven't seen the first few episodes of VM last year (which I regret, I assure you) but I love her long hair. She looks so purdy.

YQ22: Totally agree with the whole "Veronica is finding herself." She's just having a hard time right now deaing with a near-death experience, the whole bus full of people who she believes only died because of her, her best friend has decided to suddenly do some soul seraching with his "father" and now her ex-boyfriend is currently rooming with her current boyfriend (who used to be an ex-boyfriend too). I think she's just pulled in many directions right now. She's just having a little difficulty thinking straight sometimes.

Comment

Not to mention all the stuff she is still dealing with from last year... wayward, stealing & lying mom; dead best-friend; trauma of thinking her first time was with her brother; and being abused by everyone in the town of Neptune.

Comment

Exactly. I think she deserves to be happy rather than vengeful.

Comment

One thing I really don't get is why Veronica is so chummy with Dick. I know she is trying to play nice right now. But Dick and Madison were by far the people who treated her the worst. Does she even remember the events of 1.21???? This is one of the reasons I'm a little peaved with Veronica this season. This should go in the Veronica Get a Grip section.
                    I thought this belonged here... so I moved my comment.

Also, last season one of the big factors in Veronica's change from rebel revenger was Logan asking her for help and her coming to his aid. Well this most recent episode featured Logan asking for her help again and her starting to come to his aid. The next few episodes seem to continue in this vein. Does this mean that Veronica willl finally get a grip and stop playing normal girl???

Comment

Find out in due course. I'd speculate but thats' not going to happen.

Comment

I think too many changes in her life that has made her the way she is.

Comment

She has had a lot of changes in her life... but she also has the power to choose her outlook. Right now she is still worrying about fitting in and being "normal", which to me is problematic.

Comment

This seasons Veronica is really hard for me to like. She just seems a bit arrogant to me but not an underdog or someone you feel for but rather someone who seems so detached from everything these days. Her personality has really bothered me this season. I can't put my finger on it, but I know that something is just so off in everyway. It's strange but she won't even confront Duncan on anything that may make him upset with her. Who is this girl? Yet she is completely deep end when it comes to Logan. I know she was scared last week and I have to say I was actually happy to see her cry, but the anger and nastiness is just so out of control that it makes me wonder what is going on with her. I feel like RT has really destroyed so many aspects of Veronica and Logan and while I know it is possible to rebuild a relationship between them, I just see it being a long and bumpy road that will take a long time for them to get back to. Veronica is in such a different place and the wall she has built up towards Logan is huge, which I can't quite grasp being she is the one who ended the relationship. She behaves as if she is the wounded party. I'm so confused as to what they are doing with her character this season.

Comment

See... the fact that Logan & Veronica are so hostile together gives me more hope then if they were ignoring one another or completely normal around each other. Their behavior only shows that each of them still cares and is still hurting. Logan's snarky unkindness has generally been a reaction to Veronica's coldness... while that doesn't justify, it certainly explains.

As I've been saying all season, Veronica is struggling to become the girl she once was. As a result, she is trying to be nice to everyone at school again, even Dick, who was a complete ass and tried to convince his brother to rape her at a party. She is also turning a blind eye to all of Duncan's flaws and creepy actions, and desperately trying not to be the outsider. But the more Veronica tries, the worse things get. She keeps getting pulled, no dragged, into the PI world. She keeps being forced back into her status of outsider. She keeps recognizing Duncan's weirdness and coldness. She keeps being thrown back into Logan's life. And she keeps remembering why she was a "misanthrope" the previous year. I'm certain that very soon Veronica will be forced into a full recognition by some shocking discovery and that she will then choose to be the Veronica we know and love once again.

As the season has progressed she has been forced to become more like herself from last season. I have no doublt that she is in for a big realization and we are going to love it. If this is the case, I will love what RT is doing with Veronica's character. Last year she was forced to be the outsider kick-ass girl, but she can't really be that person unless she chooses it. The only way for her to get over the loss of her mom, the loss of her innocent & naive childhood, and the loss of Duncan was to force her to confront them all and choose a different way of life. She overcame her family life last year when she confronted her mom and chose her Dad, which took all of last season. This season is all about overcomming her first love, Duncan, and her childhood before Lilly's death, little miss popular. I have great faith in the RT team... they haven't let me down yet.

Comment

So anyone notice that as the season progresses her hair is getting longer and more girly. Soft waves, always well done, very blond and framing her face. Not like last year with the choppy shorter hair cut and weird hair dos all the time. While I think her hair this season is beautiful. The softer look is really turning her into a softy and someone who isn't able to see what is right in front of her.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎