No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Mars

Do you think Veronica is a good/bad person? I think she just doesnt know what she wants, or wants the wrong things

bad veronica
    - she ignored/forget how horrible logan was to her(but he had reason to... understood now )
    -she uses wallace for a lot of things, and doesn't give him any reasons, he just listens... veronica doesn't realize how good a friend he is, but she still doesn't trust him with what she does
    -while she was still in love with duncan, she dates leo
    -even though the 09ers were horrible to her, she would give anything to be back in their group, for some crazy reason

Good veronica
    -helps everyone with their mysteries...one good thing she does, not for any bad reasons... but once she is back with the 09ers, she would probably stop doing what she (supposedly) loves
    -uses her college money on her mom... even though her mom abandoned her... a very good thing to do, but .. bad idea
    -and there are more.. but i dont feel like adding them

i dont understand her.. she's on her own for a year, acting tough, and she finds a great friend, but she would rather be with the rich kids who hated her..

anyone want to add to the list or try to explain her bad actions

i think she really is a good pereson though
    Last edited by LaineSV11; 09-02-2005, 07:26 PM.

From what I saw, I believe Veronica is a good person IMO. She helps people and solves things that others can't. Yea, she may have some issues on the side. But the other things she does makes up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuZzArD 8012
      From what I saw, I believe Veronica is a good person IMO. She helps people and solves things that others can't. Yea, she may have some issues on the side. But the other things she does makes up for it.
      Completely agree. As a whole I believe people in general fit within a grey area.

Comment

yea i think she's a good person but has some issue's with what people she trusts and stuff

Comment

she hasnt quite been straight forward about being willing to do anything to get back into the 09er crowd. i think she wishes things were how they used to be, when they treated her properly & when lily was alive.

i think veronica does realize what wallace does for her, but maybe she just doesnt fully understand it.

veronica is a very good person, and she is strong. even if she does go back to being an 09er, she will still be a different person...aka a better less niave person. and if shes an 09er in S2 either it will turn out for the better or it will only be temporary.

i dont think veronica ignored how horrible logan was to her. veronica knew he used to be horrible but i guess she believed that that would all stop. i think logan and veronica just kind of go together, and veronica is attracted to him whether she knows why or not. her liking logan despite what he did to her in the past, doesnt make her a bad person.

another one of your points i dont agree with: veronica dating leo while she was in love with duncan. i think veronica may have been in love with duncan while she was dating leo, but she wanted to forget about him. and she was unsure whether to put those feelings for duncan behind her, and move on, or if she should hope he will take her back. she did mention the fact that she fell for leo. it may have been wrong for her to date leo after she had kissed logan (for the first time) but she was honest with him and explained everything. she didnt really mislead him. dont think her doing these things makes her a bad person AT ALL.

veronica mars is my hero! =)

Comment

i dont think shes a bad person.... but some bad qualities about her make her a better person... idk if anyone can understand that

but there is no reason for her to want to be an 09er... for one year she was strong by herself(and with wallace) and it might help to have a lot of friends, it doesnt make it better to be friends with them

and for the logan thing... veronica knew what his crazy father did to him... and so she knew that that was why he acted so bad... ahhhh i don't really dislike logan anymore... but i dont like him.. but now i understand him more

Comment

Originally posted by marshmellow
              she hasnt quite been straight forward about being willing to do anything to get back into the 09er crowd. i think she wishes things were how they used to be, when they treated her properly & when lily was alive.

i think veronica does realize what wallace does for her, but maybe she just doesnt fully understand it.

veronica is a very good person, and she is strong. even if she does go back to being an 09er, she will still be a different person...aka a better less niave person. and if shes an 09er in S2 either it will turn out for the better or it will only be temporary.

i dont think veronica ignored how horrible logan was to her. veronica knew he used to be horrible but i guess she believed that that would all stop. i think logan and veronica just kind of go together, and veronica is attracted to him whether she knows why or not. her liking logan despite what he did to her in the past, doesnt make her a bad person.

another one of your points i dont agree with: veronica dating leo while she was in love with duncan. i think veronica may have been in love with duncan while she was dating leo, but she wanted to forget about him. and she was unsure whether to put those feelings for duncan behind her, and move on, or if she should hope he will take her back. she did mention the fact that she fell for leo. it may have been wrong for her to date leo after she had kissed logan (for the first time) but she was honest with him and explained everything. she didnt really mislead him. dont think her doing these things makes her a bad person AT ALL.

veronica mars is my hero! =)
              Lest we forget; Veronica did some less then legal things back to him. I seem to remember a certain bong being planted in his locker.

Love isn't something that goes away. That's a point that they clearly tried to purvey. I believe the character loved Duncan, even when she thought Duncan killed Lilly.

Her using Wallace.... yes, it's quite obvious that she does use him. It's no secret. That even came up. She's just a tad bound in her own little world to notice and/or care.

Comment

Veronica is a good person with normal, human emotioins that any teenager would have. I think the great strength of Veronica Mars is the realistic way in which the writers deal with her character. She's smart and independent but at the end of the day she wants pretty much what any teenage girl would. She wants to have friends. She wants to hang with the "in" crowd. She wants the popular boys (whether Duncan or Logan) to think she's pretty and chase after her. That doesn't make her bad so much as it makes her normal.

Another really normal trait that they gave Veronica which I really liked was the way she judges people differently based on her own personal feelings for them. Lilly doesn't seem to have been a particularly good person at all, but Veronica always stuck by her. After the Lily's death, when the school turns on her, Vernoica harbors strong feelings of resentment and ill will towards all the 09er's.....except for the ones she really likes. Duncan treated her like total crap and no one was meaner to her than Logan, but she is able to justify their behavior in her head, not because they were any better than the other 09ers, but rather because they were the two she was closest too and the two that she wants to be better than the rest.

Comment

i dont see why veroica would want to be friends with mean people who ignore her and taunt her and drug her, i guess.... i cant see her and madison sinclair ever being friends

Comment

You guys have some great thoughts on this thread... I think what makes Veronica even more human... and different from many of her TV counterparts... is that V doesn't always know what the right thing is.

Buffy makes mistakes, pays the consequences, but always knows how to make things right and is incredibly hard on herself.

Veronica, on the other hand, isn't always aware of her mistakes. While she sometimes has to pay the consequence of her mistakes, she doesn't always realize that is what they are. And while she can be hard on herself, it's usually for the wrong thing.

One thing you can say about Veronica is she has her own sense of morality, of what is right & wrong. She has her own values and she sticks by them. They may not be right... we may not agree... but she is consistent in that sense.

Veronica has a lot of flaws... she's judgmental, she's vengeful, she uses people... but she does it all in some strong desire to make things right. Whether we agree with her or not... she is strong & independent... and she has some kick ass dialogue.

A big character flaw is Veronica's poor choices when it comes to trust... she repeatedly trusts the wrong people & then must seek revenge on them (Troy, Mommy, etc)... she fails to trust the people who deserve it most (Keith, Wallace & to some extent Logan)... and she turns on people without confronting them or giving them the chance to explain (look at the number of times she turned on Logan, ran away from him, avoided confrontation, and refused to give him an opportunity to explain).

But those flaws make her more likeable, more real, and even more of a hero. V isn't perfect... but I guess that's the point!!!!

Comment

and dont forget when she made wallace deliver that bugged plant... she knew clarence would find out sooner or later

and in a trip to the dentist... she just ASSUMED that logan raped her since he has drugs.. but V wanted to make sure that logan wasnt a bad guy anymore... if u get the ad guy thing

Comment

Veronica... Get a Grip

Now I'm a big fan of our strong female lead... but man oh man... she is a driving me nuts. All last season she consistantly trusts the wrong person, mistreats the people who truly care for her, and accuses her closest friends of the most evil deeds. Did she learn from season one? Sure... she learnt she wants to be popular & normal. Huh?!?!

So season two begins... not only do we have a watered down Veronica, who is trying to fit in... but she's still unable to figure out who to trust and she's indecisive. Sure, last season Veronica jumped around with her guys... Duncan, Troy, Leo, Logan... but she was always committed for the 4 episodes she was actually with any given character (or flashbacks in Duncan's case). But this season... Little Missy really can't decide.

She's with Duncan... but it feels just like she's proving a point. Trying to show she's normal & can be in healthy relationship. Problem is... the relationship isn't healthy or normal. They thought they were syblings for an entire year. He ignored her & treated her like dung for a year. He slept with her while she was practically unconscious and left her there to wake up scared & alone. And he turned on her when she dated his friend a year & a half after they broke up. On top of that, he's been lying to her about something with Meg and visiting Meg daily. And he repeatedly turns down her sexual advances... what's with that????

On top of that Veronica is still all jealous of Logan... her reaction to him coming out of the hotel room was jealousy, her feelings of guilt at him seeing her come out of he hotel room even more so, and then her calling the hotel room to try to figure out who Logan was with. Logan also nailed it right on the head with Veronica's storming in & out of his bedroom... anyone else think that it was super-creepy that Veronica was practically sniffing the sheets???

To finish things off, Veronica is all sorts of erratic with other male characters in her life... Leo rubbing her face in the season premiere, Veronica's attitude towards Wallace's new friend with benefits Jackie, Veronica's scornful flirting with Sherrif Lamb.

Comment

Let's talk about her untrusting nature;
                          Duncan, the "love of her life", flat out dumped her for reasons unbenounced to herself at the time.

Troy, the first guy and 09er she opened up to since Duncan left her, turned out to be a scum-bag drug-dealer.

Leo, the only guy she could really trust, lacked what she needed in a relationship. He didn't challenge her, and eventually she felt an overwhelming attraction to someone else. Ending the relationship.

Logan....... Veronica knew going in, the things he's done, and what he's capable of. She couldn't trust him, not with constant evidence pointing her troubles in his direction.

She has overwhelming reason to be a little freakish and cautious when it comes to relationships. As much as she wants to be normal, she isn't -- and never will be.

Comment

Veronica is by her very nature an outsider, even now she still is. What real friends does she have really? She has Wallace but he knows the score, when she needs him he comes running. When all is said and done, Veronica comes first, relationships are secondary. She's not bothered too much with Duncan seeing Meg because really she doesn't care that much. Did she say she loved him? I don't think she does and I don't think she has loved anyone from what I've seen of the show so far. She just likes the idea of being in a relationship and being "normal" but she really isn't.

Comment

Yellowqueen22 has some darn good points #######

I think she is still living in the past by being with Duncan a part of her still wants that "perfect" relationship that she felt she was a part of , but I think deep down she knows being with Duncan doesn't feel right.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎