No announcement yet.

Lois's bikini

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sstray72
    Chloe's not big at all. In fact, she's quite the normal healthy female. I tire of people bashing on AM's weight. You can see Lois' ribs for goodness sake! Plus boob jobs are NOT sexy.
    Thank you! I totally agree!

Comment

Lois bikini is so damn..!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by supercatmom
        Am I the only one who thinks that Lois's bikini is a take off on Superman's suite?

I mean the red top and belted blue bottum.

I am female and not gay but I have to admiited that ED looked mighty good in that bikini.

No wonder AM and KK did not wear bikinis in the same shot with her. They knew they would be blown out of the water in comparison.
        Exactly. That's no accident, the colors or the bikini. They wanted Lois to stand out and dwarf the other girls in that scene. It was all Clark and Lois in that scene, and Clark stood up immediately when she walked "in the room" (so to speak). He was definitely attracted to her then but didn't realize it.

Comment

It was great foreshadowing. They have been planting the seeds of Clark/Lois attraction for a long time, and it is finally being made manifest now in S9.

Lois really did stand out in that scene. ED is exceptionally fit and gorgeous, and she does indeed blow "merely" pretty out of the water. Genetics may be responsible for some of it-- her height, her incredibly long legs-- but I give her credit for all the hard work she puts in to look that way. That muscle tone, those abs, don't come by accident.

Wearing a tiny bikini like that reveals every imperfection. Even on quite fit women of healthy weight, like AM, it's liable to look like a rubber band on a marshmallow (And before I'm accused of sexism, the same holds true for most men in a Speedo!) It takes a lot of self-confidence to do wet down and step up wearing something like that in front of the cameras. Kudos to Erica.

AM is indeed beautiful. She has a very appealing, accessible look. And I agree with the notion that women shouldn't be held to impossible standards. Still, an eternal characteristic of exceptional beauty is that it it not normal; Erica is an exceptional beauty, she is a stand-out.

Comment

Exactly. That's no accident, the colors or the bikini. They wanted Lois to stand out and dwarf the other girls in that scene. It was all Clark and Lois in that scene, and Clark stood up immediately when she walked "in the room" (so to speak). He was definitely attracted to her then but didn't realize it.
            That's definetly not the purpose of the scene.
            I agree it was to showcase Lois though...don't know why AM and KK are bashed here though.

Comment

The actress bashing is so sad. Both KK and AM are beautiful women.

Comment

I think KK has said she doesn't believe in wearing those types of clothes for photoshoots, shows, movies etc. Something to do with not being a sex icon. I forgot how she worded it. AM has also said she doesn't feel comfortable wearing those kind of clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by actaeon
                  Wearing a tiny bikini like that reveals every imperfection. Even on quite fit women of healthy weight, like AM, it's liable to look like a rubber band on a marshmallow (And before I'm accused of sexism, the same holds true for most men in a Speedo!) It takes a lot of self-confidence to do wet down and step up wearing something like that in front of the cameras. Kudos to Erica.
                  Talking about AM's weight is not cool. And I'm pretty sure it's against the rules. Not to mention that you're analogy is quite cruel and mean-spirited.

As for the bikini scene, ah, brings back fond memories of my heart attack. I think my reaction to Lois in that scene was literally:

Without much brain activity for a while.

Then eventually I was like, "L-legs! H-hot legs!"

In case you haven't realized, I'm legs woman... Just like Oliver!

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Superboy2
                  I think KK has said she doesn't believe in wearing those types of clothes for photoshoots, shows, movies etc. Something to do with not being a sex icon. I forgot how she worded it. AM has also said she doesn't feel comfortable wearing those kind of clothes.
                  I used to be uncomfortable about that stuff in middle school and early on in high school and then I just got over it. Every weekend a bunch of my college buddies and I go swimming and I always wear two-piece swimsuits (bikinis) and I feel very comfortable in my own skin. For a long time I had this strange complex because I was a very thin girl with a heavy chest and that usually leads to a lot of gawking but now I own it and I don't care much about what others think, say, or look at. It's my body and two-piece bathing suits can be really cute and sexy. So I love them!
                  Last edited by Ella; 11-17-2009, 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I let my ten year old wear them and beat up any guys that stare.

Comment

Talking about AM's weight is not cool. And I'm pretty sure it's against the rules. Not to mention that you're analogy is quite cruel and mean-spirited.
                      Mean spirited? Me calling her "fit" and "healthy" and finishing off with "AM is indeed beautiful" is cruel, mean-spirited, uncool and against the rules? Wow. This is considered "actress bashing"?

I call it qualified praise.

I'm not about to lavish unqualified praise on all the actresses and actors. They all bring different assets to the table, and praising one over another is not bashing the others. Like say AM's megawatt smile and the delightful vivacious energy she brings to the role-- it's something I don't see in, say, Cassidy Freeman. That's not knocking CF. Conversely, I think CF excels at the action stuff in a way that AM does not. That's not "bashing", that's comparing relative strengths and weaknesses. "Bashing" is name-calling, belittling, and ridicule. Which I never do.

One of the things an actor or actress brings to the table is their look. Let's get real here. Aaron Ashmore has a very different look from Sam Witwer. Stand them shirtless next to one another, and AA is going to look like a piece of cheese. This in spite of the fact that AA obviously works out, he looks better than 98% of the male population, and he definitely looks a hell of a lot better than I do. This affects the kinds of roles each man is suited for, how directors can best use them, and how the wardrobe folks ought to dress them.

Same goes for AM and ED. Dressing Allison Mack in a teeny string bikini and having her stand next to Erica Durance would be doing Allison no favor. I love AM to death but I'm sorry, that's how I see the fact. The wardrobe people do a great job making the best of Allison's beauty-- and her beauty is considerable. Flouncy tops unbuttoned down to there, jeans that are snug yet not spray-painted on, the tailored suits, the retro things... she looks great in them. When the story needs someone to emerge from the lake looking like a goddess, leggy, wet, and bikini-clad, ED is the actress for the job. And here's reason why.

Everybody is not equally beautiful and talented, sexy or strong. Self-esteem campaigns to the contrary.

Nor is "mere" beauty superficial or undeserving of notice. I believe physical beauty is worthy of note and praise. Nor is it something we have somehow been brainwashed into valuing by magazine ads and television-- this is a myth that is as commonly accepted as it is unfounded. beauty has been celebrated in literature and the arts since the dawn of both. Read The Iliad, look at the magnificent sculpture of classical Greece. Physical beauty, being at the prime of life, being exceptional-- these are qualities that have always been at the forefront of human aspiration. These days, apparently, we're supposed to feel ashamed of appreciating physical beauty. I refuse to join that club. "Mere", "superficial" beauty. Heh. Go figure.

So once again, kudos to Erica Durance for being so extraordinarily, remarkably beautiful. Hers is a body to be proud of; beauty like that is positively inspiring.

Comment

Wow. Gotta say thats a guy answer. Not that that is bad. You are a guy. I personally think ED is the best looking. But just to let you know, when you(as a guy) are negative about any women's appearance, most women get offended as a gut reaction. Yes the women of this board speak openly about TW's yumminess, but most of us try not to insult others in those posts. Yes humans appreciate beauty as a whole, but I think listing what you consider the faults of others is RUDE. Try to list the positives of one individual without your percieved negatives and you might not have as many negative responses Ok. I'm not trying to be mean. Just letting you in on one woman's perspective.

Comment

I think looks wise, CF is the prettiest. LV and ED for bodywise, then again we haven't seen KK, AM or CF in any swimsuits besides Chloe's one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Iconic Couples Fan
                            Wow. Gotta say thats a guy answer. Not that that is bad. You are a guy. I personally think ED is the best looking. But just to let you know, when you(as a guy) are negative about any women's appearance, most women get offended as a gut reaction. Yes the women of this board speak openly about TW's yumminess, but most of us try not to insult others in those posts. Yes humans appreciate beauty as a whole, but I think listing what you consider the faults of others is RUDE. Try to list the positives of one individual without your percieved negatives and you might not have as many negative responses Ok. I'm not trying to be mean. Just letting you in on one woman's perspective.
                            I appreciate the comment & the perspective. Yes I am a guy. I understand that many women are sensitive about this issue. So I probably should refrain from answering this poll re. Chloe's hair in "Idol":

kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135962

since there is no button for "both"

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                              I think looks wise, CF is the prettiest. LV and ED for bodywise, then again we haven't seen KK, AM or CF in any swimsuits besides Chloe's one piece.
                              Actually KK had a swimsuit in that episode as well. I always get a kick out of that Aqua scenes for the differences in bathing suits. Ed's was vavavavoom, KK was wearing a normal bathing suit and Allisons was like did the producers rip down my grandma's drapes and make a bathing suit out of it

Comment

Sorry I meant bikini. Not trying to sound like a perv but I don't like it when women think that wearing a bikini in 2009(this was 2005 but its the same thing) is promoting sex or whatever. KK wouldn't need to have a Nicodemus scene or a scene like Lois had that flaunted it. I think she's kind of prejudice with it. AM had drapes on her pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎