Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one go from being an oil spill to a college professor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville fans are funny like this. A show about an alien with superhuman powers, a man that can breathe underwater, and a college professor that showed up dripping out of the bottom of a spaceship; and you question how he fudged his resume?

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Eh,Man?You-El?
      Bush Education policies:
      NO OIL LEFT BEHIND
      Hahaha

Cute

I think there are several explanations to the question of this thread (the 'Oil Spill' bit was very cute and made me laugh though) and we don't need a guide to figure it out.

Braniac IS a supercomputer and would be quite capable of manipulating the records of a mudane small town community college on Earth. Another possibility is that Milton Fine already existed and Braniac took his identity after killing the real Milton Fine.

Comment

Well he could have picked a cooler name, I mean Milton Fine is kinda lame

Comment

That's what makes me think it may have been a person that already existed . . .and happened to have the same last name as the whacko plastic surgeon and mother of Scabby Abby in last season's "Facade"

Comment

Maybe they were married

Comment

I do think it's a little funny that Brainiac is basically a Liberal history professor and Lex is now a Conservative defense contractor. I don't think TPTB are neccessarily trying to bring politics directly into this, and I bet both Lex and Brainiac have ulterior motives regardless of what they do on the surface. If they both sold candy and chocolate it would probably be the most diabolical sweetness ever devised and be a product of pure evil.

That said, I think my sweet tooth is acting up....

Comment

Did I miss anything??? I recall at the season premiere we saw Milton Fine form from oil. The next time he appeared was simply as Clark's professor??? Was there any thing in between those 2 events that give us any more info?

Comment

I am only guessing, but I think that Milton Fine is stalking Clark, and probably knows full well he's the last son of Krypton. Time will tell.

Comment

I'm sure it will be explained on-screen, though people are either forgetting (or don't know) exactly what 'Fine' is and what he's capable of. Sure, Smallville has left us with plenty of plot holes over the years, but they do explain some stuff if you give them time. If they told us everything right away there wouldn't be any mystery.

Comment

yes they should explain things soon. After talking to a few non-die hard fans of the show I realized the average viewer may not have connected the guy who came off the ship, to the professor, and the next episode they included the scene with him visiting the ship so people could realize who he was.

Comment

Well... I stopped questioning anything the moment I saw james Marsters (actually, my brain stopped working) BUT I guess he killed the real Professor and applied to a position in Central Kansas A&M.

Comment

Another possibility is that Milton Fine already existed and Braniac took his identity after killing the real Milton Fine. [/B][/QUOTE]

finally someone who had the same idea as me

Comment

Who's to say that the final shot in ''Arrival'' didn't happen until a few days before Clark started college? It's possible that, during the months between ''Commencment'' (+''Arrival) and ''Aqua'', Brainiac tracked down Clark and felt the best way to trick him was to gain his trust. So, brainiac traced Prof. Fine (who was going to start working at Clark's college) and drained him of his knowledge and memories and killed him. Later Brainiac just assumed his form. Because him assimilated prof. Fine's memories (and possibly some of his DNA), he gets stuck with that form and is only able to assume other forms for a short while. I mean, there has to be a reason that Brainiac keeps the form of James Masters/Milton Fine. If Brainiac is, as he claims, smarter then Kryptonians (and possibly humans), he would change his form at least once every day, so nobody (Lex, Lionel or Clark) could track him.

Comment

Well if he can start a computer virus in "Vessel", he'll sure as hell have the capacity to hack into networks and plant false informations.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎