Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Martha even care about Clark's feelings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah thats what i thought too. well martha doesnt seem to mind clana sleepovers as long as theyre "safe" and im sure it wont be a problem since mr kent felt bad when his son almost died knowing the evil glare he gave clark beforehand. and besides, clark will have his own dorm anyway right?

Comment

I wouldn't mind if my parents let a hot chick stay over at my house...

Comment

Clark wasn't against Lois staying at their house back in "Gone" and "Recruit" so maybe Martha thought that he wouldn't be against Lois moving in again.

Comment

Martha's the parent, Clark is the son. The mom's wishes always overrules the son's.

When he gets his own house, THEN he can have a say who stays there or not. Until that time, it's his responsibility to obey his parents rules and not have the overnite Lana stays - and get over himself with the Lois ones.

Comment

Re: Does Martha even care about Clark's feelings?

Originally posted by Kreukie
            I was wondering this because Clark doesn't make it a secret that he doesn't enjoy Lois' company most of the time.

Clark isn't a demanding person, he doesn't ask for much from his parents.

So when the kid makes it clear he doesn't enjoy having Lois around you would believe his parents would respect him enough to ask if he's okay with having Lois stay at their home again.

I know Lois staying at the Kent's is just another way for TPTB to give Lois a reason to be in Smallville and for Lana to be the person to actually move in with Chloe.

But I was really annoyed that Martha would just allowed Lois to stay at the farm knowing her son didn't really enjoy her company.

If I was Clark would be really upset with my parents if they allowed someone I didn't really like into our home knowing full well I didn't enjoy that person's company.

It's almost disrespectful, actually it is disrespectful.

Even more, knowing the person had other places open for her to stay, so it's like they were doing because they had to.

Okay I'm done.
            Martha's house. She can invite whoever she wants. Be sure to tell your mom that next time a friend of hers comes by to visit or Grandma comes.

Comment

Originally posted by smallville_fetish
              yeah thats what i thought too. well martha doesnt seem to mind clana sleepovers as long as theyre "safe" and im sure it wont be a problem since mr kent felt bad when his son almost died knowing the evil glare he gave clark beforehand. and besides, clark will have his own dorm anyway right?
              I disagree that Martha doesn't mind Lana and Clark sleeping together in their house, or even that she doesn't mind them sleeping together at all. She didn't get angry like Jonathan because, for one, Clark is 18, and secondly, because she realizes that it would do no good for her to yell at him about it. I don't for one second think that Martha is perfectly ok with the situation, despite her comments in the "morning after" scene. It would be very uncharacteristic of her to allow Lana to sleep over with Clark.

Comment

Just MY opinion on this, (fully respecting the others, of course):

Lois really invited herself the first time. She practically forced it on Clark. And for no good reason at all.

She doesn't really need to be living at the farm. She's not a poor, abandoned child. She's a grown up girl who's been taking care of herself for a long time.

Lois is Chloe's cousin. She could live with Chloe. Chloe's apartment may be small, but the farm doesn't have a spare room and Clark is forced to sleep on the couch. Lois doesn't seem to care.

Clark had to get up to do his chores much earlier because Lois was at the farm. No one seemed to care much about that, not even his parents. He may be special, but he's a teen with a lot of obligations that gets tired and needs his rest, as we've seen often on the show. He's far from being Superman yet. And Lois wasn't really doing any work, at that time.

The Kents should be worried that a stranger, which is really what Lois is, lived at the farm when they have such a huge secret to keep. And they never had a reason to invite her the first time. She is not family, she has just known Clark but for a short period of time, she's not even his friend, much less his "sister".

Someone that lives with a family without really needing it and without having done anything to really deserve it (and I'm talking about last season) should at least be considerate to the people that give her a place to stay. To ALL of them.

Lois doesn't really help on the farm. She's working at the talon, that's all, and she wasn't at the beginning. And when she DID something at the farm, the infamous breakfast, it was because she wanted to ask the kents to lodge her sister in the farm.

Why should anyone, much less his parents, assume that Clark really likes her? Do they assume that she likes Clark too? If so, why is she always bashing him, as she did when she was talking to Lana in "Aqua"?. There was no teasing him there, Clark was not even present. And she's done that when talking to Chloe too. She bashes him behind his back. But she lives with him. Why? She's not an "old friend" of the family.

The Kents should care about Clark's feelings and opinions on the matter. At least, they should make sure Clark is okay with that before giving her HIS room. Why don't they offer her THEIR room? Clark wouldn't accept that, of course, but they could do it, nevertheless. Or they could try and find another solution.

I agree the kents are not happy with Clark and Lana sleeping together in their house (even though it's Clark's house too). They have the right not to be. And knowing how the Kents feel about that, it seems strange that they were not concerned about having a girl living on the farm; they even went away (in "Blank") knowing that their son would be all alone with that girl in their house for several days. Didn't that worry them at all?

MY conclusion: there's no reason whatsoever for Lois to stay at the farm. It's just a device the writers use to guarantee Lois' presence in Smallville and her interaction with Clark. And because that way production doesn't need to build another set. But they are not consistent with facts, or with logical reasoning and characters reactions. They know they can't play the card of the Clois yet, it's too soon, so they play the love/hate relationship. It may be fun, but it's too often inconsistent with the characters.

The PTB want Lois in SV (where she really didn't belong in the first place) and that's their choice, which I respect and sometimes even enjoy. But they should try to justify her presence better than they have till now. IMO, of course.
                Last edited by whiteflag; 10-29-2005, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Chloe was living with her dad in a 1 bedroom apartment, they didn't have the room for Lois.

Awww it's not gonna hurt poor Clarkie to have to sleep on the couch, so he's put out for a little while, big deal he can learn to cope, personally if he doesn't like the way his parents do things, there's the door he better not let it hit him in the backside on the way out.

Why should they offer their room? It's THEIR house. Like I was saying Clark is 18 a LEGAL adult he can move out anytime if he doesn't like the way things are run at the Kent farm.

Maybe Lois isn't good on the farm, ever hear of being more of a hindrance than a help? I myself would do a terrible job if I worked on a farm. Lois is working at the Talon, that's more than helping out, cause she's working directly for Martha, and for all we know she might be giving Martha a little something for letting her stay.

With the Kent's no one is a stranger. She is Chloe's cousin for the Kent's that was enough to welcome her as family.

Comment

Ah, i don't think clark is the one who would suffer from moving out......

Comment

Didn't Jonathan make a cradle for their baby in S2? Ta=hat was not Clark's room, so what happened to it? And come on, they only have 2 bedrooms? Why does Clark have to take the couch? There's a bed in the loft, right? Move that to the other bedroom.

BTW, about Clark and Lois bashing each other, Lois bashed AC, and she liked him. But she didn't bash Tim, who deserved much more than a bashing.
                      Last edited by Superboy2; 10-30-2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah. I don't believe that the house only has two bedrooms. Every other time, we've had Clark ask many people to stay at his home: Lex, Ryan, and Clark's grandfather. Why would they have them them stay over if they knew there wasn't going to be room?

Comment

It would've been nice if his parents told him, but at he same time, I think it was written that way to add humor to the show. Clark and Lois are always tossing sarcastic remarks at each other, and Lois suddenly staying at the Kents' house is a recipe for that. And besides, Lois has stayed at their house before, so it's not like Clark doesn't know her. Martha probably figured he wouldn't mind.

Comment

Clark offered her to stay with them the first two times. Go watch Season 4 again.

It's just Martha this time around, that's all.

Plus, Lois helped save the Kents at the start of Season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by loisnlana
                              Clark offered her to stay with them the first two times. Go watch Season 4 again.

It's just Martha this time around, that's all.

Plus, Lois helped save the Kents at the start of Season 5.
                              Exactly! People forget Clark's the one that invited her before. Plus as Clark said during their "I won't tell if you won't tell" banter in the Lucy ep, they are friends. Clark likes Lois quite a bit, but their bickering is their schtick.

Comment

the REal Question is Why doesn't Clark Sleep in the Barn Fortress of solitude where

Clana hooked in 5.02 Mortal.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎