Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Martha even care about Clark's feelings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Martha even care about Clark's feelings?

I was wondering this because Clark doesn't make it a secret that he doesn't enjoy Lois' company most of the time.

Clark isn't a demanding person, he doesn't ask for much from his parents.

So when the kid makes it clear he doesn't enjoy having Lois around you would believe his parents would respect him enough to ask if he's okay with having Lois stay at their home again.

I know Lois staying at the Kent's is just another way for TPTB to give Lois a reason to be in Smallville and for Lana to be the person to actually move in with Chloe.

But I was really annoyed that Martha would just allowed Lois to stay at the farm knowing her son didn't really enjoy her company.

If I was Clark would be really upset with my parents if they allowed someone I didn't really like into our home knowing full well I didn't enjoy that person's company.

It's almost disrespectful, actually it is disrespectful.

Even more, knowing the person had other places open for her to stay, so it's like they were doing because they had to.

Okay I'm done.

I totally agree with this I know I would be upset with my parents if they didn't inform me of someone staying the night or for a couple of days.

Comment

I think this is a farm thing for real, my buddy lives in Arkansas, and he says his parents won't turn anyone away.....

I think this is a farm thing for real, my buddy lives in Arkansas, and he says his parents won't turn anyone away.....

Wow...that wrote twice...be afraid of my possessed computer!
      Last edited by dancinggopher01; 10-21-2005, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Who said that Clark doesn't enjoy Lois company? Clark is always being sarcastic when it comes to Lois but I don't think that he doesn't like her or sth...

Comment

But they should ask Clark if he's required to give up his bedroom, the man needs his privacy too, but maybe Martha doesn't want Clark and Lana getting this privacy.

Comment

Lois was the first one there after the meteor shower hit... give her a break... The Kents are

Comment

I totally agree with this I know I would be upset with my parents if they didn't inform me of someone staying the night or for a couple of days.
              Now you know how the Kens felt having someone stay the night they didn't know was there and was not invited. Remember Hidden?

That might be exactly why Martha wanted Lois to come back and move in. Face it if Lois had been at the Kent house in Hidden, Clark and Lana wouldn't have been. They'd have played hide the kryptonite somewhere else. I don't think the Kents like that going on under their roof and Jonathan even said so.

Besides it's clear Clark doesn't dislike Lois. They have fun teasing each other, but when subjects turn serious they do too. Nice scene in the loft when Lois let her defenses down. And Lois helped Jonathan find Martha and get her to the hospital. It sounds like a show of gratitude on Martha's part and Lois is back working at the Talon helping her out. You don't have to read anything sinister in Martha's invitation.

Comment

Martha has a feeling that Clark and Lois are destined to be together.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but I didn't even notice Ma & Pa weren't in this episode until I saw the title of this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                    Martha has a feeling that Clark and Lois are destined to be together.

That made me think of the Commentary for "Crusade" on the Season 4 DVD when Annette said Clark and Lois looked perfect together

Originally posted by batfinx
                    Now you know how the Kens felt having someone stay the night they didn't know was there and was not invited. Remember Hidden?

That might be exactly why Martha wanted Lois to come back and move in. Face it if Lois had been at the Kent house in Hidden, Clark and Lana wouldn't have been. They'd have played hide the kryptonite somewhere else. I don't think the Kents like that going on under their roof and Jonathan even said so.

Besides it's clear Clark doesn't dislike Lois. They have fun teasing each other, but when subjects turn serious they do too. Nice scene in the loft when Lois let her defenses down. And Lois helped Jonathan find Martha and get her to the hospital. It sounds like a show of gratitude on Martha's part and Lois is back working at the Talon helping her out. You don't have to read anything sinister in Martha's invitation.

Great post, I don't think there's anything left to say

Comment

What I want to know is, how come there are only two bedrooms in that big old farm house. Maybe they should have put on an addition when they were fixing it up.

Comment

I don't think the writers are very consistent when it comes to the relationship between Clark and Lois. They have always been good at "busting each others' chops" but when it came down to it, they are friends. Clark even admitted that in an episode last year (someone would have to remind me which).

Then at the beginning of this episode, Clark acts like he is not happy to see Lois at all, and geniunely opposes her moving back in to his house. I don't get it.

I also don't buy the fact that Clark and Lana were upset because Lois' presence will interrupt their "activities." What, like his mom and dad being around is completely non-deterrent? I know that didn't stop them in Hidden, but I refuse to believe that Clark and Lana go as they please in his house without worrying about his parents. You know they wouldn't allow that.

Comment

I know what you mean. Not to mention Lana still has apartment, so they have no reason to be undertaking "activities" at his house.

Well, unless they're scared of Lex walking in on them.

Comment

I kind of got the impression he was just acting like that so Lana wouldn't think he was happy to see Lois and have her staying at his place and get jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by cain
                              I kind of got the impression he was just acting like that so Lana wouldn't think he was happy to see Lois and have her staying at his place and get jealous.
                              I bet a few girls would've been a bit uneasy seeing Lois in her bikini!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎