No announcement yet.

Clark Jealous?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clois1938
    A jealous Clark is a cute Clark, I hope Lois gets a love interest and we see Clark get all frustrated!
    Ditto for Clark after Lana. Than maybe we could also see LOIS jealous, too.

Comment

I'd rather Clark got a new girl friend and Lois had a new love interest. Then we could watch them both be jealous.

Comment

Does anyone ever notice Clark's disappointment whenever he finds out Lois is moving out of the Kent's?

-He'll catch her on the stairs with boxes and ask her what's going on.
        -She'll tell him she's moving out.
        -And he'll instinctively react, "Oh... already?" with a hint of disappointment.
        -Later he'll throw in a comment about how glad he is that she's leaving just to cover up his feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rize Above
          Does anyone ever notice Clark's disappointment whenever he finds out Lois is moving out of the Kent's?

-Later he'll throw in a comment about how glad he is that she's leaving just to cover up his feelings.
          I thought i was the only one who caught that. In Exposed you can tell so much he was sad Lois was moving out. But then he quickly covered it up after she made fun of him having a key. I think Clark is looking at Lois in a different light since Aqua. Yay for Clois!

Comment

Originally posted by Rize Above

Actually he seemed really relieved to me.

Comment

Originally posted by shy175223
              Actually he seemed really relieved to me.
              No, he wasn't. He was shocked and surprised, but not relieved at all. It kind of reminded me of when he told Lex, in Lucy, that their presence (Lois and Lucy's) took the loneliness out of the house. He has no romantic feelings towards Lois (yet), but he likes her as a friend and he likes being around her, though he also likes to say he doesn't. Actually, it is like he has double personality when she is concerned: when she is around he admits to her and himself that they are friends, but when other people are around, he loves to say that he can't stand her.

Comment

Great points Liana. I'd say Clark really doesn't know what he feels around Lois. I'd say he was definitely jealous of Lois when he walked in on Lois planting a big wet one on AC. I'd also say Clark probably isn't consciously aware that he's jealous.

I think having Lois around makes Clark less lonely. Clark really does like the verbal sparring with Lois. And, besides, she's interesting. Lois isn't wanting more from him than friendship right now. He has to worry about hurting Chloe every time he talks to her about Lana. Whereas, he could talk to Lois about Lana without worrying about her being all hurt (and has in the past like in Season 4 in Gone) because she's not interested and never has been interested in more of a relationship with him.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                  No, he wasn't. He was shocked and surprised, but not relieved at all. It kind of reminded me of when he told Lex, in Lucy, that their presence (Lois and Lucy's) took the loneliness out of the house. He has no romantic feelings towards Lois (yet), but he likes her as a friend and he likes being around her, though he also likes to say he doesn't. Actually, it is like he has double personality when she is concerned: when she is around he admits to her and himself that they are friends, but when other people are around, he loves to say that he can't stand her.
                  why should he be shocked and surprised. I think he was defintely relieved.

Originally posted by jmf1
                  Great points Liana. I'd say Clark really doesn't know what he feels around Lois. I'd say he was definitely jealous of Lois when he walked in on Lois planting a big wet one on AC. I'd also say Clark probably isn't consciously aware that he's jealous.

I think having Lois around makes Clark less lonely. Clark really does like the verbal sparring with Lois. And, besides, she's interesting. Lois isn't wanting more from him than friendship right now. He has to worry about hurting Chloe every time he talks to her about Lana. Whereas, he could talk to Lois about Lana without worrying about her being all hurt (and has in the past like in Season 4 in Gone) because she's not interested and never has been interested in more of a relationship with him.
                  it's hard to tell with a look on his face but he was not jealous at all. I think he was shocked a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by shy175223
                    why should he be shocked and surprised. I think he was defintely relieved.
                    Well, he definitely sounded surprised because he said "What are you doing? You just moved in!" in a shocked tone of voice. So, he was surprised. And he liked her around, he said so in Lucy because her presence "took the loneliness out of the house". I'm not saying he is in love with her, because he isn't and we can see that, but he is her friend. He is not as close to her as he is to Chloe, but he is her friend anyway. He just likes to pretend he isn't. It is their game: they enjoy pushing each other buttons, but when any of them needs the other, they are there for each other. For example, whenever Lois gets a chance, she likes to depreciate Clark, but when she was talking to Lana about him in Reckoning she said "I would be happy if I ended up with someone as honorable as Clark Kent." The same goes for Clark: he says he can't stand her whenever he gets a chance, but if he knows she is trouble, he is always there for her and he gets concerned about her and he has told her too that she is his friend. In Arrival when he first saw her, he hugged her and asked if she was ok. The list can go on and on. He really likes her as a friend and she really likes him as a friend. They are not best friends and they are not even close to be, but they are friends and they like to be around each other, even when they pretend they don't.
                    Last edited by liana; 03-12-2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Wow there are more than one Thread about the Jealousy issue so this is my say on it.

Aquaman swims in to Smallville! Good episode, or is it all wet?
                      Original airdate: October 20, 2005

Originally posted by last man of krypton
                      At first I thought it was just speed-envy, but some of Clark's words and actions seemed really out of character. Here's the farmboy raised by Ma & Pa and wants to believe the best in people, embarrasing himself by trying to tell Lois & Lana subtly he's a mutant terrorist. For crying out loud, the guy had just been talking about his Mom dying when Clark essentially says "get out of my town". And then Clark continues to berate him for doing the same things he does: trying to make a difference in the world by doing what's necessary, including breaking into secret facilities.
                      Interesting Points But:
                      1. Jealous about Lois = No, Big Brother Complex.
                      2. Jealous about AC = NO Don't you ALL forget Jor-el and Kara? He's Paranod because could be one of Jor-el's minions.
                      3. Territorial = No, Like Chloe said "stealing your heoric thunder" and Clark's subtext was hit. Bad feeling cause of the Bart encounter.

Finally Clark DID changed his opinion about AC and didn't seem to have any problem that Lois had relations with AC. NO subtext while in the barn.

Also the Hints of their dialoge was also funny cause of foreshadowing.

Comment

He was definitely jealous. I think it was, more, because he wasn't the "hero" in this case.

Comment

I agree, I think he was jealous for sure in this episode.
                          (though he is still #1 in my books!)

Comment

He was jelalous. He was kind of harsh to AC also...

Comment

Clark was jealous...you could see it, there's no denying it. No way to step around this one.
                              AC is pretty cool too! Can't wait for him to come back into another epsiode.

Comment

i was happy he was jealous

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎