No announcement yet.

Clark Jealous?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
    Eh, more than a Big Brother, "Smallville" was jealous as heck, not only at Lois' romatic interludes, but that someone else was stealing his thunder by swimming faster than him.....and he didn't want those powers back...gimme a break!

How Lois comes off so sarcastic and combative with AC is not much different than how she acts with Clark. Hmmmmm, she fell into something with AC, she probably does love Clarkie, too, whether she's ready to admit it or not.....
    He was a little peeved I think that Lois warmed up to Arthur so quickly and yet she had spent all that time with Clark and the two of them still bicker. I don't know if he was jealous about her romance with Arthur and if he was it was something even HE won't be able to find the source of until many years down the road. Notice that when Lois smiled prettily at Arthur after his comment on saving the world's oceans that Clark gave Lois an irritated "Give me a break" eyeroll type of look and soon after got rather catty with A.C. "Do you really believe that, or is that just a pick up line for the girls?" So I do think he was jealous in regards that somebody was stealing his thunder and had managed to get Lois to warm up to him so easily when Clark finds that same task almost impossible.

I too noticed that Lois tried the same "Defense Back Off" tactics that she uses on Clark, but Arthur, unlike Clark, didn't fall for them and saw Lois for who she was. As Clark's matures and grows into the Man of Steel we know and love he too will be able to see past Lois' facade and find the woman that he will love for the rest of his life . . .and that's a long time.

Lana I'm sorry to say seemed like a third wheel in that scene since no one, Clark included, paid much attention to her aside from Arthur reacting to Lana's "or drink so much water comment" and Clark looking at Lana when she yelled at him " Clark!" After Clark and Arthur left Lana still only served as someone to have Lois speak to and that was only one line. "I don't know how you can stand him Lana." So other than to just have her there and certify that her and Clark were dating I'm not really sure what her purpose was suppose to be. I will say though that Clark does have, currently, a decent relationship with Lana but we know that it doesn't last so it's hard for me to get on board with that and one can be in love with someone and still be jealous of someone else, not all jealousy is romantically initiated.

Comment

Originally posted by PETER WEST
      Not for long, Her time with him is almost up, His DESTINY will make sure of that. Soon Clark will begin His Journey from The Stupid Farmboy, To the World's Greatest SUPERHERO he is Destined to become .

And with that Clark will also find his "Soulmate" , Lois Lane .
      His DESTINY is not here yet. There's no romantic Clois. He was just wondering why he was faster.

Comment

At first I thought it was just speed-envy, but some of Clark's words and actions seemed really out of character. Here's the farmboy raised by Ma & Pa and wants to believe the best in people, embarrasing himself by trying to tell Lois & Lana subtly he's a mutant terrorist. For crying out loud, the guy had just been talking about his Mom dying when Clark essentially says "get out of my town". And then Clark continues to berate him for doing the same things he does: trying to make a difference in the world by doing what's necessary, including breaking into secret facilities.

Comment

clark being jealous would be a step in the whole "its gonna be Clois" thing. but he hasnt shown any attraction to lois yet. has he?

Comment

I don't know what he's jealous about nor do I care. Clois is an unstoppable train. I will never understand why some Clana fans feel threatened about this. If it's not going to happen now (and that's a big IF), it will happen later.

Comment

clark was jealous that ARTHUR, haha..funny name, uhhh...had powers too ..NOT bcuz he got with lois. he has lana right now...why would he be jealous that ARTHUR aka AC aka AQUAMAN got with lois? arthur...haha...i keep thinking about that damn bear, mouse, ardvark, or..watever that cartoon character was.

Comment

I believe there was more than a hint of jealousy in Clark's voice when he was talking with Chloe. "Lois was all over him and all we know is that he can swim faster than I can." Sounds like jealousy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SmvilleTeacher
                  I don't think he was jealous. He was ,as has already been said, surprised and being a protective big brother. He is still in love with Lana.
                  Yep, have to agree. Good post.

Comment

Oh he was jealous, we just aren't very sure what he's jealous about. When Lois accused him of being envious, Clark didn't saying anything.

Comment

Clark didn't say anything because either he dosn't have any backbone or Lois wouldn't let him get him a few words in edge wise.

Comment

Clark was definitely jealous of Aquaman smoochin on Lois and having Lois' attention, there's no reason for him to volunteer the information that "lois was all over the guy". Especially since she was just kissing him, she wasn't all over the guy. Clark couldn't get it out of his mind...

Plus Clark wasn't jealous of Flash for being able to run faster but suddenly he's jealous of Aquaman for being able to swim faster? Nah, I don't buy that. There was definitely some clark jealousy because of AquaLo.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobycookies
                          Clark was definitely jealous of Aquaman smoochin on Lois and having Lois' attention, there's no reason for him to volunteer the information that "lois was all over the guy". Especially since she was just kissing him, she wasn't all over the guy. Clark couldn't get it out of his mind...

Plus Clark wasn't jealous of Flash for being able to run faster but suddenly he's jealous of Aquaman for being able to swim faster? Nah, I don't buy that. There was definitely some clark jealousy because of AquaLo.
                          well, don't kid yourself ,she was sort of all over the guy, she did kiss him back right after he had kiss her. And you are wrong he was jealous that Bart could run faster than he does so in a way that theory could be true about him being jealous of A.C. because of his abilities

And anyway how could he even be jealous of A.C. and Lois when has got Lana already.

Comment

I like how you had to rephrase it with "sort of" because even you know they weren't all over each other and can't make a decent case for it. It's not like she had her legs curled around him. Plus Clark only saw them kissing, nothing else.
                            he was jealous that Bart could run faster
                            How did he show it? I didn't see any jealousy with Flash but rather concern for the kid, curiosity and some mutual affection/comraderie/brotherhood that there exists someone else out there that runs really fast.
                            And anyway how could he even be jealous of A.C. and Lois when has got Lana already.
                            You've never known someone who has feelings for two people? Lana's no prize and the fact is people grow up. More and more Clark is seeing Lois in a new light. I'm not saying Clark is madly in love with Lois at this point nor will they actually be together during smallville since they don't possess all the qualities of their future selves yet (the qualities that ultimately attracts them to each other), but his feelings for Lois are starting to emerge. Clark's feelings towards Lana are in for a change this season, regardless of whether Lois were there or not.

Comment

preachin to the choir my friend, clana fans are all up in arms sayin "oh clark can't be jealous becuase he loves lana" big flipin deal your right he is growing up and as boys grow up there feelings for people often chage. I'm not sayin that clark's just gonna throw lana on her kester and start jonesin after lois full time(even though that would be funny) i'm sayin that ya he was jealous on a latent level in his subconcious.

Comment

LovelyLoisLane said:
                                "After Clark and Arthur left Lana still only served as someone to have Lois speak to and that was only one line. "I don't know how you can stand him Lana." So other than to just have her there and certify that her and Clark were dating I'm not really sure what her purpose was suppose to be."

Technically, this isn't the place for this comment, but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet. Did anyone else think it was pretty crappy when Lois said, "I don't know how you can stand him" to Lana, and Lana didn't say anything in response. She just had this stupid look on her face that said something along the lines of, yeah, I must be really forgiving.

Oh, and to throw something in more directly related to this thread, I thought there were definite jealousy vibes coming from Clark in regards to Lois and AC. Whether it was because she's his friend and he didn't trust AC at the time, or more a sign of a blooming attraction to her, I don't really know.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎