Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Aqua" - Quotes - (Obvious Spoiler Warning)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClarkCrusader
    The Justice League reference was one of my favorite parts!!
    Same!

Clark: "I don't know if I'm ready for the JLA just yet..." (of something like that)

I laughed my butt off on that one!

Comment

Clark to Lois: "Lois I promise, someday you'll meet someone even more special."

Yeah Clark, It will be You , THE MAN OF STEEL . aka : SUPERMAN .

Comment

I think Clark was referencing himself... he knows he can't stay with Lana forever.

I liked the JLA reference, I was almost afraid he was going to say the exact same line Bart said last year about a League or something.... glad they changed it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Juan
          The homoerotic subtext in the episode was astounding. Even I was taken aback and I've always held that despite the joking people have done about the ambiguously gay nature of Clark and Lex's relationship that for the most part the viewer would really have go actively looking for it in order for it to actually be there but not tonight.
          "The subtext is rapidly becoming text."

Good old Giles. I was actually a little disappointed that prof Fine wasn't wearing tweed. What's all this trendy professor nonsense?
          Real academics don't wear such good shoes. He must be evil.

Loved the pitchfork line.

Oh, and the "greeks romans and spartans" being "enlightening" for Clark. Yup, Clark's taking Classical Homosexuality Studies.

Fine's line about not lying to Clark, also good. Now this is how you manipulate someone. Make them trust you, feed them what they need to hear. Watch and learn, Lex. When it comes to being bad...you suck.

Comment

I loved Fine's line when Clark goes back to his class room to take him up on his offer...

Fine: If you dropped my class, please don't be here to apologize for it.

Comment

I liked the whole exchange bt Clark and Lex (Paraphrasing here):

clark: 'I'm thinking of writing a paper on your kelp project, how's that going?'

And then Lex says something like the equipment wasn't working. I thought that whole exchange was great.

Comment

Lana_Lang #1's weekly KryptonSite Line Awards!

Lex "The days of you barging into my mansion and offering sage advice are over!"

Clark "The days of me believing your lies are over!"

- These two together won the BEST LINE(S) OF THE EPISODE Award!

Chloe "We didn't ask for a world that needs Heroes, but the truth is we do."
                - Winner of the MOST TRUTHFUL/BEAUTIFUL LINE Award!

Clark "Lex, there are some really mean bad people in the world and I don't want one of them to hurt you."
                - Winner of the MOST HURT CLARK MOMENT Award!

A.C. "Lex, you're a tool"

Later on when Lex has captured A.C.

A.C. "Why are you doing this to me?"

Lex "Well for one you called me a tool"

- Winner of the MOST HILARIOUS COMBO Award!

Lex looking at Clark "You didn't tell him about my pitchfork, did you?"

- That look won my GAYEST LOOK OF THE EPISODE Award!

Clark "A kid who ran too fast for his own good"
                - I loved that line! BEST REFERENCE TO A PREVIOUS HERO Award!

Lex " You might be a big fish in the water, but in here, I'm the shark"
                - Winner of the STUPIDEST LINE OF THE EPISODE Award!

LEX "Do you travel with The Guardians Of The Sea?"
                A.C. "I dont travel with an Entourage"
                - Winner of the BEST AQUAMAN REFERENCE Award!

Lex "Wow you convinced me"
                Lex angrily to A.C. "I'm sorry, who are you again?!"
                - Tie for the GREATEST SARCASTIC MOMENT Award!

Clark to Lois "Lois I promise, someday you'll meet someone even more special."
                - Charming and slight too big of an Superman anvil, but still the Winner of the BEST LOIS & CLARK'S FUTURE PEEK OF THIS EPISODE Award!

Lois: Dont worry you Snuggle-bunnies can hop around all you want, I'm a heavy sleeper.
                Clark: Ya think she can sleep with me smothering her with a pillow?
                Fine to Clark "If you dropped my class, please don't be here to apologize for it."
                - I really liked that line.

Three way tie for the BEST SNARK LINE(S) OF THE EPISODE Award!

A.C. "Superboy"
                A.C. "Maybe we should start a JLA Junior Lifeguard Association of something"
                - Both first place tie for the CUTEST SUPERMAN REFERENCE OF THE EPISODE Award!

Fine "Good Mourning, Mr. Kent. Did we start too early for you?"

Fine "Lets look at the word History. History is not about facts, its about the context and who is telling the story."

Fine "What is your story Mr. Kent?"

Fine "Beware white knights people. They don't slay dragons, they train them to suit their own dark purposes."

Fine "Never apologize. If your gonna show up late, do it with conviction Mr. Kent."

Fine "Well, you know, Grocho Marx said that there was only way to find out if a man is honest. Ask him. If he says yes, he must be crooked."

Clark"I would think a college professor would be quoting Carl Marx, not Grocho."

Fine"German philosophy is easy. Comedy is hard."

Fine "You know whats worse than the fear of speaking the truth Mr. Kent? Its the fear of uncovering it."
                - Winner of the BEST INTRODUCTION SCENE OF A SUPERMAN MYTHOLOGY SUPERVILLIAN Award!

Professeur Fine/Brainiac "Do you know where the world's greatest super computer resides... Right here"
                - Winner of the BEST BRAINAIC REFERENCE SO FAR Award!
                Last edited by Lana_Lang #1; 10-23-2005, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PETER WEST
                  Clark to Lois: "Lois I promise, someday you'll meet someone even more special."

Yeah Clark, It will be You , THE MAN OF STEEL . aka : SUPERMAN .
                  That was my favorite line! Although I loved when AC called Lex a tool.

Comment

Chloe: Where did bobby baywatch come from.
                    Clark: I don't know...but he sure swims fast.
                    Chloe: Are we talking about olympic gold metal fast or meteor freak fast?
                    Clark: No this is something else, he can swim faster than I can.

I hated this line cause Clark was saying that no meteor freak could become as powerful as himself. That is just flat out downgrading. He is saying that meteor freaks are nothing to him. Even though that has previously been true, there could very well be somebody more powerful than himself.

Comment

Lois to Lana & Clark: I can see what you guys have been doing all summer*

Comment

*nudge* *nudge* *nudge*

AC: "I was born with an Amazing Gift, and I plan to use it to Protect this Planet."

Comment

"With you on the turf and me in the surf, we can stop Lex's plans cold!"

You might love it, you might hate it (because it's cheesy) ... but you've still gotta love it! Awww, they're superfriends now.

"Stay super, bro."

Thanks for the anvil, A.C. His dialogue was hilarious (and not always in a complimentary way).

Comment

1) Chloe: So I think Lana hasn't gotten a peep into those confidential files of Clark Kent, yet.

Clark: Chloe, do you think I'm happy about having my powers back and lying about them? I didn't ask for this life.

Chloe: We didn't ask for this world that needs heroes, but the truth is...we do. Now more than ever Clark.
                            Where did Bobby Bay Watch come from?

Clark: I don't know... but he can sure swim fast.

Chloe: Are you talking about Olympic-Gold-Medal fast or meteor-freak fast?

Clark: This is something else. He can swim faster than I can.

2) Prof. Milton Fine: What is your story Mr. Kent? How will you affect the world around you for generations to come?

Clark: I'm not sure you can know that at age 18.

Prof. Milton Fine: Tell that to Alexander the Great, or to bring you closer to home...Lex Luthor.
                            (Milton Fine looking at Clark): Now he's not that much older than you are, and yet he's turned his father's agri-business into a leading defense contractor. He's gone from feeding people to killing them. And yet his story is that he is a White Knight who's just put a small Kansas town into a map. Beware of White Knights, people. They don't slay dragons, they train them to suit their own dark purpose. Think of Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon.

Clark: Lex is not a saint...but I don't think you can put him in the same league as those guys.

Prof. Milton Fine: An honest opinion. I like that.

3) Clark (to Chloe, talking about AC): He's not the first guy who didn't get his abilities from meteor rocks.

Chloe: Really?

Clark: There was this kid I met last year. He kind of ran fast for his own good.

Chloe: Clark, are you sure you're not upset about someone stealing your hero thunder?

4) AC (Arthur Curry) to Clark Kent: I thought I had the hookup...the way you flak-jacketed that C4...that was awesome bro.

Clark: I was just trying to stop a bomb you were going to set off, bro.

AC: I was born with an amazing gift and I plan to use it to help this planet.

5) Lex (to Clark): Your friend has a bit of an anger problem.

Clark (to Lex): He gets that way when someone is trying to destroy what he loves.

Lex: I am not trying to destroy anything.

Clark: Lex, don't bother trying to cover it up. The days of me believing in your lies are over.

6) Clark: Lex, do you ever stop to think where your life is heading?

Lex: All the time. It's a complicated world, Clark. Only the naive view it in black and white.

Clark: You know, the other day a professor of mine...he accused Luthorcorp of being evil and you being just short of a devil.

Lex: Well...you didn't tell him about my pitchfork, did you? (Lex has a big grin on his face)

Clark: "I defended you." (Clark walking away) "I guess I am naive."

7) Clark (to AC): AC, Lex might be a threat to you. He's seen your abilities. Lex will turn the world upside down looking for you.

AC: The world is three quarters water. Good luck in finding me.

Clark: Stay out of trouble, okay AC?

AC: Try to get in some, Clark. Stay super, bro.

8) Clark (to Lois): You know, I think I was wrong about AC. He was a little misguided, but his heart is in the right place.

Lois: He was definately unique. I know a lot of guys who want to own the world. I haven't met very many who actually want to save it. How am I going to ever meet someone like that again?

Clark: Lois, I promise, someday... you'll meet someone even more special.

9) Clark and Milton Fine quotes

Clark: I'm sorry to bother you, Professor. I know I got off on the wrong foot. I wanted to apologize.

Prof. Fine: Never apologize. If you're going to show up late, at least do it with conviction, Mr. Kent.

Clark: How do you know my name?

Prof. Fine: What was the first thing you did during orientation?

Clark: I got my picture taken.

Prof. Fine: That photo was in the database which I checked before the semester begins. That way I can call my students by their proper name. It helps the learning process. How long have you been friends with Lex Luthor?

Clark: Friends? Who said we are friends?

Prof. Fine: It's just a deduction. Why else would a son of a family farmer be defending such a man?

Clark: It's a long story, but he's not the man you make him out to be.

Prof. Fine: Well Groucho Marx says, "There's only 1 way to find out if a man is honest --- ask him. If he says, 'Yes', he must be crooked."

Clark: I would think a College Professor would be quoting Karl Marx, not Groucho.

Prof. Fine: German Philosophy is easy, Comedy is hard. Why don't you come work for me? I've been interviewing research assistants for my new book on Luthorcorp. You could find out the truth about Lex Luthor yourself.

Clark: Thanks Professor, but I'm not looking for a job right now.

Prof. Fine: Do you know what's worse than the fear of speaking the truth, Mr. Kent? It's the fear of uncovering the truth.

LATER ON...

Prof. Fine: If you've dropped my class, I hope you're not coming to apologize.

Clark: You were right about Lex.

Prof. Fine: Of course I was. I'll never lie to you, Clark. After all I'm an educator. Truth is my life's work.

Clark: It might be too late, but I was wondering if the research assistant position is still available?

Prof. Fine: It is, but I'm not interested in hiring anyone who changes their mind as much as they change their clothes.

Clark: Professor, I just cannot sit back and watch anymore. If your book is about to expose the truth about Luthorcorp, then I want to be a part of it.

Prof. Fine: I expect my research assistants to be smart, thorough and show up in each and every class.

Clark: I can guarantee it.

Prof. Fine: All right. You know History shows us that every decision that a man makes has an effect on the sum of his life. You've made the right decision, Mr. Kent.

10) Superman references in Aqua:

A.C.: Come on, Superboy. With you on the turf and me in the surf, we could stop this thing cold.

A.C.: We could make a pretty good team, huh? Maybe we should start up a junior lifeguard association or something.

Clark: I'm not sure I'm ready for the J.L.A. just yet...
                            Last edited by tibbit78; 10-21-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎