The Music of Veronica Mars

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a big fan of the acoustic version of VU's "Oh! Sweet Nuthin' " that kid played in the episode with that farming commune (I think it's called, 'Drinking the Kool-aid').

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
      ITunes has a Veronica Mars user compiled folder where you can download songs available to purchase on ITunes. I won't recommend anywhere else... as an entertainment law student I can't support illegal downloading.
      Thanks for the tip. I don't mind buying single songs for a reasonable price. Does ITunes charge 99 cents or 88 cents like Wal-Mart?

Comment

99 cents... you can also find a list of all the songs on Rob Thomas' web site and then use it to find the songs on any music download site.

Comment

whats the name of the song in the 4th episode of the season when lilly's memorial video is beeing shown.

Comment

Just going to check... one sec... "Now is the Time" by Damone.

Comment

ughhh i couldnt find it .

Comment

So far for me it comes down to the theme and "Don't Fear the Reaper" from the Pilot. Those have been the two stand outs in my mind.

Comment

Good choices... although "Don't Fear the Reaper" is becoming, for me at least, one of those over used songs in movies & TV. It's used so often that I start to play clips from assorted TV shows and movies every time I hear it. Most notably used & almost over saturated by the TV mini series of Stephen King's "The Stand".

Comment

Here's my recollection of who has played it as well --

SCREAM -- Redone by a different by band. Sid and Billy scene early on.
                    HALLOWEEN -- Blue Oyster Cult doing it best. Driving around.
                    THE STAND -- Yeap, you said it. Opening Credits.
                    THE FRIGHTENERS -- Another remake. END CREDITS.

Beyond that it's been few and far between

Comment

I'm pretty sure Charmed has used it as well.

Being a big fan of the Scream trilogy and The Stand (mostly in book form... but settle for the mini-series as well)... I probably feel like I've seen it more often.

Comment

It's just a well known and often played song.

Comment

does anyone know the name of the song and who its by thats being played right at the end of the season finale when veronica dreams abt lilly and someone then knocks at her door. i know the lyrics have lilly in it but what exact song is it?

Comment

Lily Dreams On - Cotton Mather

Comment

Music Video

Did you guys see the Music Video at the end of 2.2??? "No Sleep Tonight" by the Faders. It was set in neptune High and had a bunch of the cast members... Veronica, Duncan, Logan, Wallace, and Weevil. Duncan & Veronica are together and then each of the other guys are with one of the girls from the band. Ends with Weevil riding off with the lead singer. Sorta dorky... but kind of cute.

The band is apparently making a guest appearance on next week's episode (2.5).
                              Last edited by yellowqueen22; 10-19-2005, 12:45 PM.

Comment

They play "No Sleep Tonight" at the homecoming dance, or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎