Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Lex... Is Clark To Blame?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Lex's investigation of Clark wasn't a matter of trust or distrust. It was a matter of his curiosity getting the better of him. Lex has always been too curious for his own good but he's always trusted Clark. Whenever he's needed help, it's been Clark that he's gone to, whenever he's needed someone to talk to, it's been Clark that he's gone to. He trusted Clark with his life and told him as much. His investigation of Clark was wrong, there's no doubt about that. But he wasn't investigating him because he didn't trust him. He was investigating him because Clark intrigued him. Clark was something that Lex couldn't be and that has his curiosity peeked.

Comment

The fact that Lex basically knew Clark's secret for a whole month in Season 3, and never said anything to anyone and told Clark he'd keep it that way, is a good indication of how Lex would've reacted if Clark had told him in the past. He would've protected him. Of course I don't think that's the case anymore.

Comment

And that, right there, Tony, is every Lex defenders (including mine!) lynchpin argument. HE DIDN'T BETRAY CLARK when he could've, and could've held out until he got released. If he'd told his father "I know the secrets of blah blah, but until you release me, you get nothing", he would've been released. Not for long, but he would've. *sighs* I do really love Lex, and I despise Jonathan, mostly, for how Lex turns out. Clark, as well. and Lionel. The three responsible for Lex.

Comment

Dang straight! He had every opportunity to cash in on what he knew about Clark but didn't. And I agree, Jonathan and Lionel played a big part in it too.

Comment

After four seasons, Clark has a huge responsibility for Lex's eventual fall, with Lionel and Jonathan bringing in the silver and bronze medals.

However, Lex is also a human being who has the ability to make choices. Let's call it the Free Will Factor: he's not a robot, however warped his upbringing/shock treatment/etc. has made him. Ultimately his fall will be his call to make, but with so few people he can actually trust in this krypton-forsaken town ..... one can't blame him entirely for wanting to put Clark (and the world) in its place.

Over four years of Clark's bold-faced lying would grate on anyone's nerves. Lex has put up with a whole lot of crap, and now we're getting to see it hit the fan this season.

Give 'em hell, Lex! The whole town so richly deserves it *cackles diabolically* ...

Comment

lex is to blame for his own problems not clark he has done nothing to provoke lex into bad behavior

Comment

True! Lex's own obsession with getting at Clark's power was his own downfall. But his father provoked it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomw_lover
                  lex is to blame for his own problems not clark he has done nothing to provoke lex into bad behavior
                  I have to disagree with ya on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex's Love
                    I have to disagree with ya on that one.
                    YOU FOOL!!!!

..erm actually...why do you disagree? Clark has done nothing but reach out to him, like in 'Bound'.

Comment

Personally, I don't care whether Clark "provoked" any of Lex's bad behavior. (Which I define, by the way, as committing actual crimes. I dunno how anyone else defines it -- maybe some people are just thinking of Lex simply disliking Clark? If that's how someone defines "Bad Lex," then I'll agree it's Clark's fault that Lex dislikes him.)

Clark can provoke Lex 'til the cows come home -- it's still Lex who then decides whether or not he'll turn to evil! You get to use only a small number of excuses for committing crimes, and "It's not my fault, it's this other guy who you should blame, because he provoked me" isn't one of them.

Comment

If Clark is so suspicious about Lex's loyalty then why does he always come to him for help?(That gets on my nerves).

Comment

Originally posted by johnny fogg
                          YOU FOOL!!!!

..erm actually...why do you disagree? Clark has done nothing but reach out to him, like in 'Bound'.
                          Well I could state my reasons becuase believe it or not, I do have them. But if we're going to resort to being ugly about it, I think I'll pass and stick to the other threads. But just for the record, someone having an opinion that doesn't go along with yours does not make them a fool. It makes them an individual.

Comment

Yes I agree with you. Opinions are univerally insulated from intolerance. I was kidding because I thought it was abrupt for you to politely disagree but not explain why.

Comment

I didn't have time to give a reason at the moment. I was on the way out the door. It may have appeared abrubt and I apologize for that. But I'm under an incredible amount of stress right now so your reply hit me wrong.

I do agree that Lex has made the ultimate decision on his own. No one can force you to turn evil. However, I do believe that Clark, Jonathan, and Lionel provoked him with their attitudes. Jonathan was always quick to jump all over Lex simply because of his name, Lionel was a jerk from the start. I really don't think that one needs much explanation. And Clark, while acting like his best friend was all to quick to blame him for this or that (and before it's said, YES, part of the time it was deserved, but a good part of the time it wasn't.). It was like one minute he was his friend and the next he acted like he hated him. He often times let his dad's opinion of Lex sway his attitude toward him and many times jumped to conclusions that didn't exist, constantly lying to him but expecting him to be 100% truthful about everything and basically throwing him away like yesterday's trash when he wasnt. All of this is enough to eat at anyone and YES contributed to Lex's behavior.

Comment

Aha. Aha. Didn't meant to hold you up at gunpoint for an opinion. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎