No announcement yet.

Bad Lex... Is Clark To Blame?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Lex... Is Clark To Blame?

Let's keep this in mind. Lex is a very,very, very smart guy. And is probably someone who doesnt like people yanking his chain let alone outright LYING TO HIM! Clark is my man-100 grand, but he's been lying to Lex since day one. How does Clark justify getting mad when Lex studies the caves and tries to solve the mystery behind the meteror rocks (especially when it impacted his life so much) when there are so many questions. So my question is:

Does Clark's secretivness/lies play a BIG part in Lex becoming a bad guy? Let's face it being constantly lied to and belittled by those closest to you can put you in a bit of a bad way. Besides it's not like Lex ever lies to Clark right
    Last edited by Diggs; 10-19-2005, 06:11 AM.

I think you are right Diggs, Clark's increasing coldness towards Lex is driving him towards darkness. Obviously there are other contributing factors such as his family (and all the MANY issues there lol), but it seems Clark’s recent behaviour is certainly accelerating that move, and this is increasing apparent in season 5 so far IMO.

As you say, not being able to trust someone does lead to bitterness. Lex is an intelligent character and he knows Clark is concealing things from him, even if he doesn’t yet realise Clark has outright lied at times. I’m not saying lex is a good person, far from it, as you say he has done more than his share of lying to Clark, but the more Clark gives up on Lex the more we seem to see him transitioning into the future nemesis he is destined to be.

Comment

Agreed, if Clark would have told Lex the truth from day 1, i think Lex would have been his biggest protector.

Comment

I think Clark may have contributed in Lex becoming a bad guy, but my opinion is that Lionel layed the groundwork long before Clark came along.

Comment

I agree. It's like Lex said in Zero "I would do anything to protect my friends." But he can't help someone who's not willing to let him help and in fact, keeps lying to him. As much as I love Clark, he doesn't really know what it is to be loyal. I mean he claims to be Lex's friend from the beginning but every time something happens, he jumps to blame Lex even if he had nothing to do with it and is so willing to throw their "friendship" away. That isn't a friend in my opinion. That's not to say that Lex is innocent. He's far from it. But I definately agree that Clark plays a huge role in Lex's turn to the dark side.

Comment

Interesting points that you all have made and I'd never even considered Clark having anything to do with the way Lex is becoming; but now I see and yes I agree that Clark is having an influence on Lex's behavior.

Comment

I think that as their relationship deteriorates more and more that Lex has no alternative but to turn bad because Clark was his one anchor to morality.

Comment

Everybody around him,his father,family,friends had lied to him from day one and the people of Smallville always been suspicious of him.That made his life so miserable that he can't help to become more and more paranoi and eventually he will turn vilain.

What give you the idea that Lex wouldn't turn evil If Clark would trust him with his secret?If I was Clark I wouldn't tell him either.

I think it's Lex's destiny to turn bad just like Clark will become Superman.

Comment

Great Point Vinc!!

I agree largely with what has already been said, but as much as I like Clark, I have to say I think he is the "most" to blame. The Lex/Clark relationship is and always has been my favorite part of the story! Clark's friendship majorly impacts the life of Lex!

I believe that despite all that his father, Lionel, subjected him to and the tragedies faced by Lex, he would have pulled away from it with the unconditional love and trust of a friend/brother-"Clark".

Let's face it though, the pendulum was swinging in the first three seasons. Although he knew of Clark's deceptions, Lex still stood by him- loyal and true! Now I am not saying that the ultimate responsibility and blame lies on the shoulders of Clark, Lex has made his own choices, however, Clark has had his own share of choices to be responsible for too! Perhaps more so! In his attempt to protect the "secret", he crossed a line of deception and distrust to do this! He sacrificed his best friend. (unintentionally of course)

I do believe, that had Clark truly been the friend he should have been, he and Lex could have had the ultimate friendship and partnership. Brains meets Brawn! TWO superheros the likes of which the world has never seen!

I wish things were different, but the fact is, their relationship reminds us all about "real" life! Perhaps Clark will someday look back in future episodes and reflect on his part in Lex's demise. Could things have been different? Why didn't I see what I was doing? Hey...Don't we do the same thing? Wishing we could take back what we have done or said. Unrealistically, wanting a "do over!"

Ohhhh myyyyy! Here I went again and got all serious! *goes back to thinking Woobie Sista like things!*

Comment

The way Clark is written in SV I think he would be feeling at fault for Lex's fall because he feels guilt for everything else.

Comment

"Your honor, my client admits he is the perpetrator of all the awful crimes the states accuses him of. But we submit that he didn't even start committing any of these evil acts until his friend started lying to him and calling him names! So we ask that all charges be dropped because the heinous disrespect by this ex-friend made my client, though no fault of his own, become a bad guy. Instead, the former friend is the one at fault."

Would you believe an argument like that if you were on the jury?

Comment

of course Clark doesn't MAKE or force Lex to become evil, but he sure contributes more than his share in facilitating the turn.

Comment

Lex always said having a friend like Clark kept his demons at bay.

I think Clark definetly was a contributing factor to Lex turning bad. Clark is always making accusations towards Lex, and only talking to him under two circumstances.

1. Clark is pissed, and he is going to yell at Lex

2. Clark needs somthing, so Lex has to help him or he will bad mad.

and having a best friend who Lex knew was constantly lying to him didnt help the situation either.

Comment

From the way that they write the show I think Clark and to a lesser extent the supporting cast are directly to blame for Lex turning evil. JK basically insults the guy multiple times including refusing to take money that could save his farm jsut because it comes from Lex. The supoprting cast nearly every episode ask Lex for some insane favor since he has money and 'power' yet they never give him anything in return and constantly berate him for his actions..... They basically use him then treat him like dirt when they don't need him.

I'm kinda hoping he vocalizes that this season.... he' already mentioned it once to Clark.

Comment

Well I think if Lex would have known from day 1 he would have subjected Clark to several tests or he would have exploited Clark and his gifts and then there is the Lionel surveillance on Lex...it wudda been loose lips sink ships.

-jim

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎