Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else bothered by Clark losing his virginity?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, premarital sex is a part of our society now. Its good that they showed them both making the decition to do it and they did it in the confindes of love. It wasnt just a "hey lets do it" sort of situation, it was a very loving situation. Id be more disapointed if the two of them did it just to do it. At least they are inlove with each other and they both made the decition. IMO that teaches the young viewers that sex is an important decition and it shouldnt be taken lightly. I for one liked the way they handled it.

Comment

i dont like the fact they had sex but i do like how they handled it. im glad they didnt actually show them have sex it just implied it. im also glad that the parents were actually good parents and got pissed about the whole thing rather then having a nice little chat about how you shouldnt have done it but since u did just make sure u dont have babies and go and have fun. and it also goes to like horror movies that if u have sex u get killed.

Comment

This was discussed in detail on the episode 5-2 messageboard.

To summarize:
        If you are religious, this was bad.
        If you are not religious, this was fine.

Clark talks to Lana just about every day. They've been good friends since childhood. He would undoubtedly die to save her life. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

Beyond that, it comes down to whether you are religious or not. Religion sets down a moral code promoting abstinence until marriage. Personally, having been a confirmed presbyterian (went to all the classes, church on sunday for years etc..), I believe the bible has some good messages in it for those who lack any sort of moral grounding. For a great many things though, it is not a rational, logical way of looking at things and should be ignored in favor of reasoning. I've yet to see a strong reason(s) why you should wait until marriage besides "the bible says so".

Comment

No and uh, no. I'm not in any way religious but as a life long (and it's been a really long life) SUperman fan, this whole thing makes Clark looks bad. SHowing us how much Clark wants to be normal? We've seen it and he's worked through it. Going through it again is boring and all the more so when it's dating a girl you know would hate you if she knew your true nature but sex with her or anyone who didn't know? Completely unacceptabel because hey, dude; you're still an ET and you should know Jor-El wpould never let you go anyway and to lie like this is not what a guy who would one day be Superman would do.

Really and no, this doesn't go away like it never happened just because he's no longer power down. I wish it would go away and they'd realize their horrible mistake and say it was a dream or AU Jor-El made Clark live through and maybe they will once they look at those ratings.

THis is, as I've said in countless other threads, a move that makes Clark only become Superman because of Lana. He can't screw Lana Lang so he becomes Superman, or Lana starts yelling at him for more secrets and lies or she gets involves with Lex and that's why they become arch enemies. It's completely outrageous and shows us a CLark who'll never be SUperman at this rate. They didn't have to trash Clark's character by throwing him in Lana's bed and make no mistake, she is a nasty, self centered girl who doesn't deserve Clark in any way.

ANd don't even get me started on why he's want such a person who's never been shown as anything special we can see instead oof the smart, sexy, talented and determined Chloe, the only real hero on this show at the moment. WIth no powers except determination, she makes Clark look like he's standing still.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjm

To summarize:

Clark talks to Lana just about every day. They've been good friends since childhood. He would undoubtedly die to save her life. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

Beyond that, it comes down to whether you are religious or not. Religion sets down a moral code promoting abstinence until marriage. Personally, having been a confirmed presbyterian (went to all the classes, church on sunday for years etc..), I believe the bible has some good messages in it for those who lack any sort of moral grounding. For a great many things though, it is not a rational, logical way of looking at things and should be ignored in favor of reasoning. I've yet to see a strong reason(s) why you should wait until marriage besides "the bible says so".
            Techinically divorced people got free reign to fornicate at will... or do they mean you have to wait to be married to the actual person you're having sex with ?

Comment

Of course this storyline has cheapened the SUPERMAN character.

It's a WB thing. ALL their shows highlight fornication, especially in their teen characters. SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE IN MY OPINION. I hate what the WB did to the teen-age Simon Camdon character on 7TH HEAVEN, for instance. He was my favorite Camdon but hey turned him into a irresponsible, fornicating jerk. So sad.

My hope is that Clark comes to his senses and begins his SECOND VIRGINTIY. It's never too late to regain good values and regain respect.

Trouble with this episode, it's pretty hard to get too upset about the sex when CLARK DIED.....

Comment

People please,.... screw, fornicate.....?
                We are after all talking about an act of love!
                Can´t you use words like ´make love´, I mean even ´have intercourse´is better than using words like screw or fornicate to describe that particular act!

Comment

am glad they did it so they got it out the way now we can get on with the mythology bit

Comment

I don't like it like most of these ppl in this forum but you have got to understand that:

1. this is Almiles verison of Clark early years and that it has been said that they aren't following the mythology in any chronology order.

2. Clark is a TEENAGER still learning about life and whatever lessons he learns NOW will harness his becoming Superman. so it is pointless now to say that it cheapens or it demoralizes the character because IMO Clark having sex only makes him MORE human like the rest of us. THAT is what makes him SUPERMAN. Him making misakes and the wrong decisions and paying for the consequences of it afterward in the long run.

Comment

This is thoroughly discussed in a thread on the previous episode, "Mortal," entitled "The Role of sex," and I recommend anyone with valid comments check it out. There is much more to this than religious folks vs non-religious folks. That is just the easy way out of the discussion. There are many valid points for why Clark should NOT have lost his virginity to Lana that are made there which have nothing to do with religion, but I see no reason to spread this over into more and more different forums.

Comment

To summarize:
                        Nope, sorry. Not religious and I don't like it. I wanted him to wait for Lois (though not necessarily for marriage) and I sure heck didn't want to see him having sex with someone he was lying to and believed would reject him if she knew the truth about him. I really hate that he plans to continue a relationship with her and continue lying to her.

Clark not being with anyone until Lois was one of those things I really liked about L&C.
                        Last edited by Liriel; 10-17-2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Fair enough. I don't think that reason was brought up. I don't like that he lies to her either, because his reason for doing so is stupid.
                          Your main thing though is that you liked the mythology of him waiting for Lois. I wouldn't think not telling her his secret would have a bearing on whether or not she has sex with him though when he has no powers.

Comment

honestly I think that Smallville has been building up to this for a long time. I don't really care about Clark and Lana's sexual escapades. They could have done it cruder, so I think that the way they did it was alright.

Comment

To summarize:
                              For the record, I'm an athiest and I don't agree with it.

And sorry for the repeat thread. The realization that they actually did anything didn't occur until the beginning of Hidden. Although I guess it was pretty clear in Mortal at the end...

Comment

Fair enough. I don't think that reason was brought up. I don't like that he lies to her either, because his reason for doing so is stupid.
                                Your main thing though is that you liked the mythology of him waiting for Lois. I wouldn't think not telling her his secret would have a bearing on whether or not she has sex with him though when he has no powers.
                                I say it has a great deal to do with it. With or without powers, he still thinks of (or thinks Lana thinks of) his arrival as the cause of her parents' deaths, and thinks she might as well. Let's not forget that Clark's nightmare had Lana accusing him of murder and killing him. He believes, at least somewhat, that Lana would reject him if she knew the truth about him. That means he's lying to her so she'll be with him. He believes it would make a difference and lies to her because he doesn't want to risk it.

He lies to her, believing that if she knew the truth she would not choose to be with him. That keeps her from being able to make an informed choice. It's skirting on manipulative.
                                Last edited by Liriel; 10-17-2005, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎