No announcement yet.

Error about the witch

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error about the witch

Did anyone else notice the error involving the tattoo disappearing from Lana's back ? The promise Isobelle made was to come back and destroy all of the Duchess' descendants. When Lana kills Mrs. Teague the tattoo disappears indicating that this has been fulfilled. There are 2 ways at looking at this and they are both wrong.

1) The tattoo disappears because Lana/Isobelle THINKS that both Mrs. Teague and Jason are both dead. This can't be true because Lana has no idea that anyone has even tried to kill Jason yet.

2) The tatto disappears because it is magically tied to the Teagues and will disappear when both are dead regardless of whether Lana/Isobelle knows. Now this is also not true because Jason is NOT dead yet truly when Mrs. Teague dies.

So neither one is true. I was about to chalk it up as simple plot/continuity error but now I think it has more to do with purposely messing something up to make the ending with Jason more surprising. Maybe they had a few different ideas for the ending and filmed the Mrs. Teague death scene before deciding to bring Jason back.
    Last edited by lzpoof; 10-19-2005, 08:46 AM.

oh, i thought it disappeared cos she killed mrs teague with the stone lol

but otherwise, it does seem wrong if what u say is true

Comment

Supposedly, "Human blood on the stones" caused the meteor shower. This suggests human blood "called out" somehow to the Ship containing "Nam-Ek and Aethyr and Brainiac. Possibly because it meant the Fortress of Solitude was about to be re-built.

The tattoo on Aethyr's back was a "Z" formed out of the Kryptonian letters "Z" "O" and "D". Lionel says that she and Nam-Ek were "Disciples of ZOD!" which implies that Kryptonian Tattoos on the lower back are some sign of fealty to a person or family.

Lana's tattoo was a double "L" in stylized Kryptonian, implying that Isobel was somehow versed in a Kryptonian magic/science related to the black Water stone with the same symbol on it.

The silver "Air" stone has the "\8/" symbol burned into Clark's chest in "Covenant" (If I remember correctly). That letter is the Kryptonian "S" and (traditionaly) the symbol of the "EL" family.

The other clear "Fire" stone has the Kryptonian letter "F".

Put all the pieces together and it seems like Isobel applied the "LL" tattoo to Lana Lang as a sign of possession of her through the magic/science she learned from a kryptonian tradition. That tradition was somehow related to the search for the stones (which were part of the search for the "storehouse of Knowledge" - the Fortress of Solitude). Once one of the stones had human blood on it, the stones would call out to ZOD making it imperative that the "EL" family bring the stones together and prepare for battle at the Fortress.
      For some completely unexplained reason, once Isobel fulfilled her part of the process (getting human blood on the stones), regardless of Isobel's own reasons for searching the stones or exacting revenge, Isobel's possesion of Lana was no longer needed and the tattoo faded.

Granted, this still leaves huge dangling story-lines that TPTB are NOT likely to ever revisit but the whole "Tattoo" thing does work out better once you decide that Isobel herself was being used by a process outside of her control. At that point, Isobel's TWO stated intentions on't NEED to be fulfilled. Isobel could have been encouraged to think that she was supposed to use the power given to her by some ancient Kryptonian influence to find the fortress for herself and she probably had revenge on her mind because of that little "Burned at the stake" misunderstanding but basically the ancient Kryptonian influence (which is somehow related to "Zod") just wanted her to get human blood on the stones.
      She did
      so She GONE now, son!

Comment

Wow thats a great theory/storyline which I believe that your right but what happened if Clark or someone else would have gotten Human blood on it? but I would also like to know how did Isobel known about the Stones?
        and why where they brought to Earth in the first place since if krypton was to come to an end that if they left Krypton and come to earth since they would be (Gods/Indestructable) which I belive that the slave franchise would be back and which means that the humans would be slaves to the Kryptonians

Comment

Isobel knew about the stones by stealing the map that Genevieve possessed. How she became a witch is a whole other story?

Comment

I still don't understand how the whole witch thing had to do with krypton and clark.

Comment

wait, i know, maybe it's because jason WOULD die, so the tatto dissaprared anyway, hey, it's smallville, right?

Comment

In the event that Clark got all the 3 stones and grabbed the completed key to the fortress of solitude where he would gain knowledge of his former home of krypton.

Comment

Maybe Jason was adopted.

Comment

Eh, Man? You-El? That's such a cool theory! And it makes sense! At least a lot more sense than what show had put forth about how Isobel was connected. I like the idea of the Kryptonians using her for their purposes. That's awesome!!

Comment

GREAT Theory. I think TPTB dropped the entire thing, because they lost some ratings, and it seemed that very few were enjoying the whole witch storyline.

When Lana/Isobel killed Ms. Teague, I yelled 'DIE SUBPLOT! DIE!' to my TV set. I was never so happy to see a subplot go. Yes, it would have been nice if they found a way to wrap it up in a satisfying manner--but I'm just happy it's not part of the story any longer.

Comment

Yeah ya know I never noticed that and I have seen it a whole lot of times. that is a very good observation. Congrats!

Comment

Re: Error about the tattoo/witch

Maybe it was because Jason loved Lana and that stopped him having to be killed.

Or he was adopted that makes a lot of sense!

Comment

ummm yea......i dont know i like the tattoo...i thought it was cool when lana killed mrs Teauge...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎