No announcement yet.

Lana the Worst Cryer on Smallville

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thehenry89
    ya kk is the worst crier on the show and is it just me or does she never speak in a normal tone of voice. she's always whispering even when she's outside, and as for the comment about tw and kk having the best chemistry anyones ever seen one word PUH-LEASE if you need examples i'll give them. spencer tracy and katherine hepburn, cary grant and eva st.john lauren becall and humphry bogart tom cruise and rennee zelweger etc.....
    I have to agree about the chemistry. People have their favorites and get caught up in the moment...so caught up that they think it's the best ever.

Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall (two Hollywood LEGENDS)....Oh Yeah baby! "To Have & Have Not".....they were smoldering.....they actually fell in love on screen.....and I'm talking about real life....not the movies.....so yeah, no comparison between Bogey/Bacall & Tom/Kristin......not in the same ballpark......not even on the same God damn planet.
    Last edited by CK&CK; 10-15-2005, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
      And while you may believe the glycerine trick was only utilized in "Tempest," I think that was merely the most OBVIOUS use of glycerine... The one they went overboard on rather than just the only time they used it.
      Can I ask what episodes you think she used glycerine in apart from Tempest?

Comment

She Get's the Job done...sometimes even more

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
        Back to Lana, she did a good job. She can't win for losing with some people. Geez.

Kinda reminds me of the President, but I won't go there.
        If her acting was truly in league with Glover, Rosenbaum, Tom, or Allison, I think you would still find people trying to nit pick at something....but there would definitely be a significant drop in the number of people pointing out her short commings. Take Glover for example....He is so awesome, that even when he falters slightly, like he did in Transference, people don't go on and on about it....why.....because his over all body of work is "consistent" and is that good. He would have to really be terrible for him to get the same response. And even if he did, it would most likely be religated to bad feedback on just that one episode.

Now, as much as I hate to admit it, KK has improved, but the writting is not helping her any. Yet, even so...you still have to try to deliver the goods week in and week out. See to me....you can't just have a great performance and be called a great actress ....or even deliver great performances just here and there. In the end, it's the body of work that will do that for you, and if it's consistently great.....then your will be referred to as great. But the fact that so many point out her weaknesses (even taking Lana Haters out of the equation), does say something. This is my view on it.
        Last edited by CK&CK; 10-15-2005, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I really felt as she did awsome. I was having to fight to hold back myself, but then I usually do watching Clana because the end will come

Comment

I agree. She did an EXCELLENT job. Kristom has amazing chemistry.

Comment

Kristom? can we keep it to Clana? Blurring reality and actor/character distinctions isn't fun.

Comment

It's fun for me. It's not Clana that makes the chemistry. It's the actors. Kristom.

Comment

I gotta say Lana's crying after Clark had died wasn't all that convincing in my opinion... but you could feel her pain earlier in that scene

Comment

^^I didn't feel anything, I just felt sorry for him xDDDD

Comment

Originally posted by Kal'sGirl
                      Kristom? can we keep it to Clana? Blurring reality and actor/character distinctions isn't fun.
                      Actually, you CAN say that Kristin and Tom have great chemistry. Actually, when I read Tom comment on it, he said "Kristin" and he have great chemistry, not "Lana" and he. That's not blurring reality with character distinctions, in and of itself.
                      Last edited by cotton candy girl; 10-16-2005, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I think Kal's Girl meant blurring as far as acronyms go... I've never heard anyone use an acronym like KrisTom before, so that threw me off a bit too, makes me think of Clana and Chlark and all that, and those are like fan-approved character loveships, so seeing "KrisTom" is kinda squidgy.

And BeepBeep, I get the feeling every time KK has cried onscreen, she's using glycerine. That's why I'm not naming any other specific scenes. It just feels forced when she cries. Kind of like when we saw TW cry... It just feels forced.
                        shirkie

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
                          And BeepBeep, I get the feeling every time KK has cried onscreen, she's using glycerine. That's why I'm not naming any other specific scenes. It just feels forced when she cries. Kind of like when we saw TW cry... It just feels forced.
                          shirkie
                          Even in, say, Legacy, when the camera doesn't move from her face and she goes from dry-eyed to tears pouring down her face?

I am most likely misreading your final two sentences, but the impression I got from them is that you are equating a poorly done or forced crying performance with using a substance on the actor's face. Despite my numerous reservations about his acting ability in general and the feeling that his crying scene was forced, I don't believe that TW used glycerine during the scene, so I am confused as to whether you think that (a) TW used glycerine or (b) both actors give "forced" performances when crying, but KK uses glycerine while TW doesn't.
                          Last edited by BeepBeep; 10-18-2005, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I just gotta say I disagree, I thought Kristen was a wonderful cryer, she had me crying! And knew he wasn't dead! I've always thought she was a good cryer, even in season 1.

But that's just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own. To each is own and all that.

Comment

I also don't find KK believable in her crying scenes. She has a tendency to overplay making the performance forced. It comes off as being telegraphed rather than natural - like "ok at this point I will scrunch up the face" and "at this point I will cry". I've always thought that I would like the Lana character alot more if it were played by a different actress.

Comment

I'm surprised to hear all these comments about AoT gasping and wheezing--that's ALL KK does these days! She used to be very flat in her performances, but as scoobycookies said, now she overplays everything. She always starts gasping, hyperventilating, and widening her eyes in order to convey most of Lana's emotions.

Anyways, she's still vastly improved when compared to her S1 crying. What ep was it when she heard that Whitney's dad had a heart attack, and then "burst" into tears? It was really bad, and at the time I felt bad for KK.

Also, she used glycerine in Rush, when she caught Chloe and Clark kissing and heard that Clark had told Chloe "everything".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎