Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana the Worst Cryer on Smallville

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annette/Martha wasn't crying she was hyperventillating which seems a normal reaction for a mother to have when her only child has just died. It was a wonderful acting choice to make I think.

Comment

Originally posted by rosewolfe87
      I still don't think Annette can cry. don't get me wrong, she's an AMAZING actress. But it doesn't look like she can cry. And Tom and Kristin have INCREDIBLE chemistry. I've never seen 2 people have better chemistry.
      yea too bad tom's married, and i saw kristin kreuk with some guy like a month ago, dunno about that
      Last edited by i luv tom welling; 10-15-2005, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Wow. How does the fact that she used glycerine once way back in season one have any bearing whatsover on how she performs in crying scenes in S5? The question was not "who was the best crier in season one?"
        Actually, BeepBeep, the title of the thread is "LANA THE WORST CRYER ON SMALLVILLE"-- Where's the part in the thread title about just Season 5 only?
        It is no different than using TW's brutal line readings from the very first episode against him if somebody poses the question "who is the best/worst actor?"
        Tom has actually improved a lot over the past four seasons, and whether the same can be said for KK is up for much debate.
        And Tom and Kristin have INCREDIBLE chemistry. I've never seen 2 people have better chemistry.
        These kind of quotes always make me do a double-take. You've NEVER seen two people have better chemistry than TW and KK? Really? Out of all Hollywood's actors throughout the decades, out of the vast plethora of Oscar-winning films and Emmy-winning TV shows, out of all performers on Broadway, you've NEVER seen two actors with better chemistry than two people on this four-season-long show on the WB? Wow. Just wow.
        shirkie

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
          [B]Actually, BeepBeep, the title of the thread is "LANA THE WORST CRYER ON SMALLVILLE"-- Where's the part in the thread title about just Season 5 only?
          The intial post (and therefore what the thread is about) is "Anyone else think Lana/Kristin is the Worst Cryer/Actor on the Show?" Keyword: is. Therefore, the question being posed in the thread is who, at this point, is the worst crier.

Tom has actually improved a lot over the past four seasons, and whether the same can be said for KK is up for much debate.
          I think Tom has regressed significantly since S3, but that is besides the point. If KK has not improved over the span of the series, you should have no trouble using recent examples to prove your point instead of bringing up a crutch she no longer uses nor needs (for several years, I might add).

Comment

Originally posted by rosewolfe87
            I still don't think Annette can cry. don't get me wrong, she's an AMAZING actress. But it doesn't look like she can cry. And Tom and Kristin have INCREDIBLE chemistry. I've never seen 2 people have better chemistry.
            To me, they have chemistry....but it's not always there.....sometimes it's just flat....and it's definitely not always INCREDIBLE......although I will admit there have been moments where that is true....but they are only moments.

Comment

At least Lana's crying was done better than Martha's high pitched gasps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontradiction
                At least Lana's crying was done better than Martha's high pitched gasps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal'sGirl
                  Annette/Martha wasn't crying she was hyperventillating which seems a normal reaction for a mother to have when her only child has just died. It was a wonderful acting choice to make I think.
                  Bravo! You nailed it!

Comment

Back to Lana, she did a good job. She can't win for losing with some people. Geez.

Kinda reminds me of the President, but I won't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
                      ...You've NEVER seen two people have better chemistry than TW and KK? Really? Out of all Hollywood's actors throughout the decades, out of the vast plethora of Oscar-winning films and Emmy-winning TV shows, out of all performers on Broadway, you've NEVER seen two actors with better chemistry than two people on this four-season-long show on the WB? Wow. Just wow.
                      shirkie
                      Very well spoken but can you give a specific example or two? I mean, what comes to my mind right away is Buffy-Angel. Even though the shows are very different, their ship has the same soulful, timeless, almost other- worldly basis as that between Lana & Clark. Although darker and more one-sided, the Spike-Drusilla ship shared some of these qualities, but was more from Spikes point of view. From real life I think of Paul & Linda McCartney. Kinda weird to say, but I'd say my own parents are like that somewhat - you know, you couldn't imagine one w/o the other 'cause their souls are so much "one" - well, actually more Jonathan/Martha-like 'cause their passion has sublimed into something less tangible and perhaps therefore even more real. My theory is that that's the true starting point - it's just that it would be nice to not take a whole lifetime to get there like for most couples, if ever. Why? Because I think there are worlds to be explored, powers to be realized, miracles to be performed here & now. But to get access to whats inside that makes all that possible requires love. Thats the key that unlocks doors & gives access to powers that will change this whole frickin world. That it takes real and true love makes sense. It's a fail-safe mechanism. 'Cause if you could run supersonic or fly outside of this requirement, outside of love, well, we would've gone extinct a long time ago. As it is, there's still no gaurantee that our species will survive, but if it does, love and compassion will be instrumental in ushering in a new epoch where the expression of awesome and amazing powers will set the world right - by those who find the super man in themselves and aren't afraid to exercise their powers for the good of all. It's possible, imo.

Comment

Tom and Kristin's chemistry is AMAZING! You feel like they're a real couple. People don't have to agree, but it's there. Tom even said it.

Comment

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
                          Back to Lana, she did a good job. She can't win for losing with some people. Geez.

Kinda reminds me of the President, but I won't go there.
                          Totally agree with what you've said about Lana and the Clana ship.

Normally anyone who defends W would start a firestorm, but somehow I'm just thinking: "No, I aint goin' there because her innocence is... touching and priceless! Awww..."

Edit: Not that W's heart isn't in the right place. Just who's surrounding and influencing him that I object to I geuss. Ok. Over & out on all that.
                          Last edited by jOEL_EL; 10-15-2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

We're going to have to disagree on the point of the thread, I guess, BeepBeep, because I look at the big picture-- all five seasons-- rather than a blip. And what I see is consistently less-than-stellar performing from KK over the course of five seasons that has improved marginally as of late. And while you may believe the glycerine trick was only utilized in "Tempest," I think that was merely the most OBVIOUS use of glycerine... The one they went overboard on rather than just the only time they used it.

I didn't buy KK's crying in "Hidden" at all, and I do think Annette's crying in "Hidden" was much less convincing than her usual performances-- but OVERALL, over the COURSE of the show, Annette's crying FAR surpasses KK's... As does AM's. AM is probably the most consistently excellent crier on "Smallville." Just watching her in "Scare" and "Fever" and "Vortex" (yes, eek, I'm hearkening back to Season 2!) makes me feel confident in that statement.

As for chemistry between KK and TW, I'm not going to say there's *no* chemistry there. They do have their moments when their chemistry is quite good, and they do have their moments when their chemistry is flat. My problem is when people make statements like "I have never seen two people with more chemistry than KK and TW." It just seems like a strange thing to say when you think about all pairings of actors from the 1920s through now (if we're talking film/TV only) or throughout history through now (if we're talking live plays) and how fantastic some of the couplings were.

Someone asked for a concrete example... What about the beautifully choreographed and acted love scene in "Ghost" between Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore? That chemistry sizzled far beyond anything we're seen on "Smallville," IMHO.

I guess my point is that TW and KK are a mere blip in Hollywood's history, so perhaps we shouldn't be too eager to completely idolize -- or villainize, in my case -- them.
                            shirkie

Comment

I wouln't have said it better!!I agree with you Shirkie, they've got "chemistry" but nothing out of normal chemistry in TV or Films...Annette acts very well when she cries...or Allison Mack too.
                              IMO the performance of Kristin was very credible and she interpreted well the scene. In addition she (Lana) was not only crying, the poor girl was in a shock state.

Comment

ya kk is the worst crier on the show and is it just me or does she never speak in a normal tone of voice. she's always whispering even when she's outside, and as for the comment about tw and kk having the best chemistry anyones ever seen one word PUH-LEASE if you need examples i'll give them. spencer tracy and katherine hepburn, cary grant and eva st.john lauren becall and humphry bogart tom cruise and rennee zelweger etc.....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎