Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hidden" Reviews and Recaps

Post ALL offsite reviews and recaps of this episode here - either your own or ones you've read that you enjoy. "Offsite" means that they are not hosted on Kryptonsite. The *only* reviews that get their own thread are Kryptonsite content. Thanks in advance for everyone's help =)

Best. Episode. Ever.

I'm not kidding, with the Clana, the death, the Clana, the ressurection, more Clana, and the FLIGHT! or was it a superjump? either way, my new favorite

Comment

I Think it would be the best episode after commencement.
      It was way higher than my expectations.

Comment

Those kinds of comments belong in the "Loved it/ Hated it" thread, also tacked up. This is for posting links to recaps and reviews of the episode. Thanks!

Comment

Yuui's "Hidden" Screenshot Gallery

Out of the sixty-one screenshots I took, here are a few of my favorites from this episode.

Preface to Face

Please excuse the brevity of this review, as I haven't done a review since my memoirs on Angel.

Quicker Pussycat

Where to begin, where to begin? I have enjoyed the beginning of this season quite a bit. Primarily due to the lack of the double, double, toil and troubling beginning of Season 4. While just three episodes into the season, it feels as though we're continuing on a straight line, with just a few breaks. I think I feel this way because of the relativity between Season 4's finale and Season 5's premier, and it doesn't hurt that the continuity and writing appears to be improving. Oh, and a bit of gratitude to Stephen DeKnight for bringing his Buffyverse brilliance to Smallville, a show that has often lacked continuity and direction.

Tangent No More

I'll simplify my thoughts into fragments. Please pardon the awkward format.

"I am glad that Marsters/Brainiac/Milton Fine is being slowly integrated into the show, and has not been seen from since the premier."

"The show is maturing each season."

"Clana fans worldwide, myself included, must be clamouring with joy over what appears to be a lengthy relationship for the two."

"The friendship between Clark and Chloe is a good way to satisfy the Chlarkers who want more of each in the same shot."

"While the Gabriel is said to be the Freak of the Week, he doesn't appear to have any apparent powers other than being a freaky genius. Get it? 'Freaky' genius?... *falls on face*"

"Is Lionel still Jor-El? If he is, is he assessing all of Clark's friends, allies, and threats? Is Jor-El in control of Lionel, or is Lionel in control of Jor-El and/or using his Kryptonian knowledge to manipulate Clark?"

"Clark should really tell Lana about his secret, or else I fear that Lana will be the person killed off."

"This season's big story plot is 'Which person close to Clark will be killed off in exchange for his revival?'"

"Logically, Lois lives. However, everyone else is death's playmate until, what I believe will occur during, the season finale."

"I still don't like how General Zodd was introduced. Even if for one episode, it's a continuity issue for him not to make an appearance in the series, and if he does appear, there is no way the current Clark could defeat him and Brainiac; let alone I am sure that the current Clark would feel defeat from either individually."

Swimming with the Sharks

If you don't want to be slightly spoiled, please don't highlight the following portion.

Beginning of mild spoilers -->Aquaman is pleasantly out of place, primarily because it would require the setting to be out of Smallville, as I'm almost positive that Smallville is devoid of bodies of water, other than reservoirs, lakes, and swimming pools. However, I do not find it absurd to relocate for an episode, as it will be rather refreshing to expand on what Lois does on her time away from Smallville.<-- End of mild spoilers
          Last edited by Yuui; 10-13-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I can't believe Supermanhomepage gave this Hidden a 2 out of 5. Were they watching they same show???

Comment

YAY, Omar's new recap (TWoP) is up... Some of my fave lines:
              Chloe's red VW Bug has a "University of Metropolis: Home of the Bulldogs" bumper sticker on it. She emerges from the back door of The Talon, which is decorated with posters and leaflets. She carries a large container of coffee. Her convertible is loaded up with goods, including a very large red sombrero. Study hard, Chloe.

We come back to an open window with a breeze blowing in the morning. Clark is lying on his side, at home and in bed. The "Neutron"-brand alarm clock hits 6:30 AM. and starts playing music. Clark rolls over. It's Lana! If I were a mean person, I'd say this was worse than the horse's head from The Godfather, but I'll be nice today.

Clark slides on some pants and says that his dad won't be up for another fifteen minutes. He plans to get Lana out of there. Jokingly, Lana says that sticking around for breakfast sounds like fun. Who is this fun, jokey, more mature woman they've replaced Lana with? What did you do with our squirrel-faced pouter?

Clark asks if she's mad. Grinning, she says, "Furious." Did the sex knock some personality into her? Is Clark's penis like the Wizard of Oz? What the hell's going on? My world is shattered! Damn you, bed-dwelling Al and Miles!

Bo goes from cheerful to "Buh?!" MamaKent's mouth hangs open. Morning-After Lana greets the Kents. Clark says that he can explain. See, he slipped, and fell asleep, and Lana landed on his penis and...oh, this is going terribly!

Talon, daytime. Lana gets home to her apartment, still wearing Clark's huge flannel shirt and that new fragrance "Taint du Farmboy."

MID-RECAP POLL: Lana's got a treasure trove of animalistic acting expressions. At least a half-dozen! Which one's your favorite? a) Love-struck doe, b) Angry chimp, c) Vengeful squirrel, d) Ass-kicking wombat, e) Preternatural penguin.

Lex asks whether Lana's told anyone about the ship. Like Clark? Lana doesn't say no, but acts as if people would think she was crazy if she did. Lex says that Lana's friends don't have the same faith in her that he does: "You're not crazy." Er, thanks? Lex leaves. Lana makes her angry chimp face.

Chloe pretends to have had a car accident involving a dog and her VW in a ditch while trying to rush out of town like Kid Terrorist told her to. She says she can't get the car started. In the background, as Chloe talks on the phone, Clark is struggling to get Chloe's car into the ditch. "Where are you?" Kid Terrorist asks. Who cares? Everything in town only takes twenty seconds to get to in this episode.

Roadside. Kid Terrorist pulls up on a motorcycle to help Chloe with her "stalled" car. It's the end of the world, but remember to wear a helmet. In very fast talk, Chloe tries to explain what happened. Kid Terrorist says it's all right. Clark calls out, "Gabriel!" Whups. "Which silos did you activate?" Clark calls out. A bit direct for my taste, but whatever.

Clark, at the hospital. That's a pretty tiny bandage for a gunshot wound. Lana comes in to see him. It's been, what, three minutes? Maybe those surgeons have Clark's superpowers. I guess this is a fast-food-style hospital. From admission to visitors in under five.

Papa Luthor walks within his cell. He smashes through the glass wall with his fist. Outpatient!

"Am I dead?" Clark asks. Doofus, did you not just hear what Lion-El told you? "Your mortal journey is over, yes," Lion-El says. Wow, that was a short journey, but at least there was sex in the middle.

We get a bird's-eye view (if that bird were to get killed by fire in a second) of the missile flying by with Clark attached. Very Apollo 13. Clark straddling the giant rocket, determined to reach the summit with that steely glint in his eye, is far and away the Gayest Look of the Episode.

The second part of the rocket falls away, and now it's just Clark and the military butt plug, as it were.

Stately Luthor Mansion at night. Lex is sitting and waiting, as if he knows someone is about to come through the door. Maybe he finally hired some security. Lana bursts through in angry-squirrel mode.

At this point, I don't see how someone could not love Chloe. She's even past the point where she gets moody and sad when Clark's totally doing it with Lana. Classy, mature, smart, funny, ass-kicking, weapons-toting...I'd tell the producers to give Chloe her own show, but someone already went and did that, minus Chloe herself.

Chloe... She suggests that if Clark believes he can stay with Lana and not tell her his secret, he's fooling himself. Clark says he has no choice; he can't expect Lana to react the way Chloe did. "Don't you think you owe her the choice?" Chloe asks... Clark says he can't take that risk... He says he's risked too much already, and now someone else will have to pay for it. Isn't it a bigger risk not to tell Lana the truth, given her well-known stance on thecrets and lieth?
              Oh, Omar... ::swoons::
              shirkie

Comment

Originally posted by LifeFirst
                I can't believe Supermanhomepage gave this Hidden a 2 out of 5. Were they watching they same show???
                In my honest opine, Hidden was fantastic. However, everyone is entitled to their own...

...despite its falsities.

Comment

i honestly dont see the big hype of hidden. I liked Rogue, Transferance, Onyx, and Exiles/Exodus Much better.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎