Lana Hospital Scene

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was corny but it served its purpose

Comment

You're right. It's time for Clois and while TPTB are at I hope they make Lois act like the Lois in the comics and the other TV shows. Please, please, please, please, please, what's going on their?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
        Clark is always running around saving the day. How could she not know that? He's saved her numerous times and she said that in the context of way she pulled away. Like she pulled away because he would always be saving the day and he'd get hurt. The knowing someone could make you the happiest from the first moment is kind of a bad line from the writers. They should have done feel like you would make me happy or something involving feeling.
        Even the pulling away line seemed strange. But at least it's more plausible than the "first moment" line. And she has pulled away from him, but for some reason.... that line still didn't work for me.....maybe it's because it followed right on the heels of some of the dumbest words ever uttered on a Smallville soap opera like moment. I'm not a big KK fan, but I really felt bad for her at that moment.......the writters really are EVIL....or at least they can be.

*oh, but to be frank, she didn't know about his running around, saving the day.......not from day one that is.
        Last edited by CK&CK; 10-15-2005, 07:53 PM.

Comment

It's not time for Lois.

the writters really are EVIL....
          YES!!!!! They are the worst. I came understand what Lana was saying, but the happier part was kind of weird. They should have just stuck with the "i love you" thing from the first time etc.....

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
            [B]Clark is always running around saving the day. How could she not know that? He's saved her numerous times and she said that in the context of way she pulled away. Like she pulled away because he would always be saving the day and he'd get hurt.

She didn't know he would always be running around trying to save the day because he never really started to save the day until the first episode. And if the past episodes are correct, they knew about each other for a long time before they were in high schoo. They never really talked, but they knew each other.

Comment

Right, that's what I don't get. If they knew each other for longer than their first day of high school (they had to have, it's SMALLville), then there's no WAY she was serious about the "from the first time I saw you..." line. As far as I know, Lana basically IGNORED him until their freshman year in high school. And during the early episodes of the first season, he seemed so surprised that she'd come and talk to him, or come to his house, etc.. If, from the first time she saw him she knew only he could make her happy, why did she go out with Whitney freshman year? Would it really have been so hard to try for Clark? We all know he would've been more than willing! Lol, if I was Kristin Kreuk, I would've been like "No...I don't think we should use that line..."

But anyway! Lana and Clark can say they're meant for each other all they want now, but we know better. It really doesn't matter what they say, because in a few years she'll be irrelevant. Echoes of "Lana who?" will ring through the world of the everlasting Superman mythos...with Clark and Lois reigning as the true unbreakable couple.

Ok, I take back that "Lana who?" thing. Lana-Who marries Pete. And sneaks ladies' underwear into Clark's bed to try and break up his and Lois's marriage. Ha! You can't defeat the Unsinkable Ship!

Comment

i liked the scene showed emotion i also liked the music as well as linoel awakining in the hospital when he senses clark dying good scene in all

Comment

Yes; it showed us a Lana who claimed to feel and think things we know aren't true. ALthough, from a few lines like in Perry, for instance, when Perry mentioned Clark being, "Johny on the spot" and way back when the crokked cop threatened Jonathan with turning Clark in because he was at the scene of a lot of emergencies, I get the general impression Clark may have been helping people long before the pilot ep when we first saw him. AFter all, he didn't hesitate to help Lex, a total stranger, as far as he knew, and that usually doesn't happen sudden;y one day. He was raised in a family and rural culture that values helping your neighbor in times of trouble after all.

But that doesn't change the fact that Lana didn't ever show any indication of always liking Clark and she certainly treated him badly time and again. No, the only part of that speech that was true was the, "I knew this day would come," and it wasn't even really about CLark being hurt or killed because he helped others . It was about Clark being another person who abandoned her. That was Lana's great fear, after all, and she is nothing if not self centered. I'm not saying she had no feeling for Clark'k being injured but her real upset came because he would abandon her. It's was strictly a me, me, me, you're leaving me POV. All those people on the morgue slabs in Scared and it wasn't they died and I'm sad, it was that they left her. Lana has to be propped up by those around her and, contrary to her claims of wanting to leave and be independant, she has to have a guy around to cater to her and assuage that fear. And that's a pitiful excuse for a love interest if I ever saw one.

Comment

Well said. Bravo.

Comment

In the beggining of Hidden Clark says he has been in love with Lana since he was like 7. So he loved her before high school.

Comment

You can't really love someone you don't know and have barely spken with. Not possible. Real love involves knowing someone not worshipping some fantasy girl from afar. It's quite ludicrous. Clark, who also professed feelings for other girls but specifically said he loved ALicia, who tried to kill him let's remember, clearly has no clue what real love actually is.

Comment

maybe lana saw clark put that bully thru the door that was threatening pete in 3rd grade.

Comment

You can't blame Lana for having abandonment issues. Everyone that she has ever cared about has left her. And she might not have been actually SEEING him, she might have meant figuratively when she said "Since the first moment that I saw you." She didn't really SEE him for what he was until the 1st season. We don't know what goes on in their heads because all we get to see is their actions. And if I was Lana I would be in the same position, afraid all the time that the man that she has come to love will leave her. It's not that it's all about her, she just doesn't want to lose the people that she cares about.

Comment

Lana definitely has shown a self-centered side when people leave her, but in the hospital scene, I thought in a way she was being genuine. Though she has never really consistently been shown to be concerned about Clark's well-being after all the times he put himself in danger (except at the end of Perry). Maybe she did know he had some sort of powers and that's why she was concerned often. The part about pulling away wasn't believable. She pulled away because he wasn't telling her his secret not because she knew that one day he would be seriously wounded.

She has to stop being so dependent. Her need to always be with someone has been shown many times, especially at the end of Visage.

Comment

But her speech said, form the first moment I saw you (which was early on in Kindergarten or even before possibly and we know she never had anything much to do with him at all until freshman year in high school so her speech wasn't true by a long shot.) I knew you could make me happy. While there are varying levels of self absorption, Lana has always been shown to be at pretty much maximum levels. Her admission to Clark about why she stayed with Whitney (because he makes me feel safe) even after she knew what he'd done to Clark said it all right from the start. Lana comes first and her concern for abandonement is overpowering. When people die, it's first and foremost about them leaving her even if they couldn't help it. It's all about her happiness and her abandonment. Other people always come second.

It's Lana's crippling characteristic and the root of her selfishness. Well that and the deference the entire town has always shown her and which she now thinks is hers by right. Cross Lana Lang and you'll see how sweet she is. Clark has experienced her wrath so he really ought to know how she can be but he's blinded, too, just as the entire town is, for some reason. No, I'm afraid her little speech held no truth save for self pity.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎