"You're the only one I've ever really loved"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, or he could have just stopped after "I love you"

Comment

For the millionth time, Lana doesn't know his secret, because it puts her in danger. The only reason, if he didn't trust her, he wouldn't even think about telling her. After season 3, he never thought about telling Lex. If Clark doesn't trust someone, you know it. Lana doesn't know, because of the burden and danger involved. Lana was going to know in Forsaken, if Pete had not gotten beaten up. He doesn't want Lana to get hurt, that's Clark's ultimate goal, to protect the people he loves at all cost. Even if he has sacrifice his own happiness. And Clark has only ever loved Lana, he knows her better than anyone, maybe besides Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan
        For the millionth time, Lana doesn't know his secret, because it puts her in danger. The only reason, if he didn't trust her, he wouldn't even think about telling her. After season 3, he never thought about telling Lex. If Clark doesn't trust someone, you know it. Lana doesn't know, because of the burden and danger involved. Lana was going to know in Forsaken, if Pete had not gotten beaten up. He doesn't want Lana to get hurt, that's Clark's ultimate goal, to protect the people he loves at all cost. Even if he has sacrifice his own happiness. And Clark has only ever loved Lana, he knows her better than anyone, maybe besides Chloe.
        THis is the biggest cop out and lack of a reason as I have ever heard! For the millionth time - whatever. When you are really in love with someone - you tell them the things taht are most important to you and your relationship. Clark has been lying to Lana for YEARS! If Clark was really in love with Lana and actually knew her - he would know how she would react to his secret. He would ask her if she wanted to know his secret telling her it could be dangerous. He would let her decide for herself - REAL LOVE! Clark is "in love" with his idea of Lana - not Lana.

The fact is that Clark said he loved Alicia and then tells Lana he didn't right before they are about to get it on. Do I think he is Lying - YES! No guy is going to tell his girlfiriend that she is the 2nd or 3rd love of their life whilst the opportunity for lovin' is on the table. I am a HUGE CALICIA fan and while I realize there are varying degrees of Love - I think he loved Alicia. Not just because she had powers - that is lame. He says it himself - she made him feel special and normal at the same time. For him that is an incredible thing. In fact, most people love their significant others becuase of how they make us feel, not just what we see in them. Alicia made Clark feel good about himself, Lana makes him worried about his secret.

He loved Alicia!

He loves the idea of Lana!

Comment

Originally posted by Subzero
          THis is the biggest cop out and lack of a reason as I have ever heard! For the millionth time - whatever. When you are really in love with someone - you tell them the things taht are most important to you and your relationship. Clark has been lying to Lana for YEARS! If Clark was really in love with Lana and actually knew her - he would know how she would react to his secret. He would ask her if she wanted to know his secret telling her it could be dangerous. He would let her decide for herself - REAL LOVE! Clark is "in love" with his idea of Lana - not Lana.

The fact is that Clark said he loved Alicia and then tells Lana he didn't right before they are about to get it on. Do I think he is Lying - YES! No guy is going to tell his girlfiriend that she is the 2nd or 3rd love of their life whilst the opportunity for lovin' is on the table. I am a HUGE CALICIA fan and while I realize there are varying degrees of Love - I think he loved Alicia. Not just because she had powers - that is lame. He says it himself - she made him feel special and normal at the same time. For him that is an incredible thing. In fact, most people love their significant others becuase of how they make us feel, not just what we see in them. Alicia made Clark feel good about himself, Lana makes him worried about his secret.

He loved Alicia!

He loves the idea of Lana!
          I totally agree with all you've said.

Clark should have only said "No, we didn't", when Lana asked him about Alicia, not more. It was not necessary to say, he only loved Lana all the time, because I also believe that he actually loved Alicia very much.
          Clark saying this is not a good choice of the writers, IMHO. Where's the problem when Clark admits to have loved Alicia, too?

At least that wouldn't leave me with a uncomfortable feeling, whenever I watch "Unsafe" or "Pariah" again, because I somehow know, that he actually isn't in love with her, that he's only pretending to love her.

Actually they make Clark a man, who always lies to the woman in his life about his true feelings, whether she knows his secret or not - and I don't like that.

Comment

Would the following be better?

Clark: "I love you Lana... Of course, you're not the only girl that I've ever loved. There was Jessie Brooks, who left town and vanished. Kyla Willowbrook and Alicia Baker, who were both killed. I really loved Kyla and Alicia..."

Lana: "So, I'm just your second choice?"

Clark: "Pfft, second choice? Haven't you been listening? More like fourth choice. Honestly, if Kyla or Alicia were resurrected right now... I'd probably not even be with you."

Lana: "Please, don't say that."

Clark: "Oh, come on, Lana. Let's not kid ourselves. We're only together because of a fear of abandonment. We both fear the future, so we do everything we can to cling onto the past, instead of moving on. Seriously, do you realize how unlikely it is for someone to marry their high school sweetheart? And more than half of those that do, end up getting divorced in the first ten years."

Lana: "Okay, but can we just keep pretending?"

Clark: "Okay, fine... You'll do... As long as Alicia or Kyla isn't brought back to life. Oh, and let's keep me away from red Kryptonite... Or I might prove how strong my feelings for you are, by making out with another girl."

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎