No announcement yet.

"You're the only one I've ever really loved"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You're the only one I've ever really loved"

I'm sure Alicia would find Clark's comment to be quite offensive, and probably untrue, considering he almost killed a person for killing her.

What are your thoughts on this little white lie of Clarks? Was he just trying to get into Lana's pants?

i think clark loved the idea of alicia knowing his secret and loved being able to be as open with her as he was, but he hadn't grown up loving her. it's one thing to care for someone a lot, which he obviously did for alicia, but the only girl clark loved in this time period of his life in the comics was lana lang, so i thought the line fit quite nicely, even though i hate clana and was sickened by the whole episode.

Comment

I don't think it is really a lie. I think that Clark felt that he was in love with Alicia at the time and certainly he cared deeply for her, but remember that a good deal of the "lust" factor kicked in only after she put the red kryptonite necklace on him. Yes, he mourned her death and tried to kill the FOTW who hanged Alicia, but it was because that freak had taken away the only person that Clark felt he could truly be himself around. I think in retrospect for Clark he was in love with having someone he could share his "differentness" with. Also, he felt that had he trusted Alicia more she would not have been killed--part of his anger at her death and the FOTW that did it was his feeling responsible for her death.

Also, I don't think he was using a line to get into Lana's pants. When they were in the barn he told Lana that they should take it slow. She was the one who said she thought 4 years was slow enough.

Comment

What about Clark's comment to Mr.Sandboy himself? "You killed Alicia. I loved her and you took that away from me."

Do you think it's just a different kind of love?

Edit: I made this post before the last, and yeah, I agree with the above post completely.

Comment

Clark had two good dates with Alica in Obsession and Unsafe but that’s about it. In reality he barely knew her; if he did he wouldn’t have ever suspected her in Pariah. Clark felt a connection to Alicia because of her powers, having to keep it hidden, and the fact that she knew about his abilities. I think he cared about her and maybe even did love her, but he was never in love with her and that’s a big difference. Her death hit him hard and I think he said what he did because he was emotionally overwhelmed. (Actually I think the writers put that in there to make the scene more dramatic and powerful.)

In any case, I believe that Lana is truly the only one he’s *really* loved. And there is four years of pining to back that up. If all Clark all wanted was to get into her pants he could have eaisly done that a long time ago. Face it, the boy is in love.

Comment

what clark had with alicia was more of a person he could connect with since she was different and he could share his secret with...i don't really think it was every really love

Comment

As Kal-El I think it's with Alicia and with Clark it's Lana.

Comment

Don't forget... When Clark as Red Kal was about to get it on with Alicia she said "I love you"

he said (Even under red K)

"I know how you feel"...

Thats slick guy speak for "yeah yeah take off your shirt" in case you needed a translation. :P

Comment

I think that even when he loved Alicia, he still loved Lana even more. If you think about it, he was only with her (Alicia) because he didn't want to be alone - that doesn't mean that he didn't care deeply about her, he just had (and has) stronger feelings for Lana. IMO

Comment

Now to add a wrench to this thread...

What about Kyla?

Comment

Clark = Casanova

"No more secrets, no more lies" Classic playa line!

I'm sure Clark will say he loves every girl he hooks up with and says they are the only one.

I wonder if Clark and Jor-el will have the "talk".
                      Last edited by cmgames; 10-08-2005, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Meh, I think he's fibbing a bit He did say he loved Alicia. But, she's dead, so let's pretend I only loved Lana! :P

Comment

I think Clark fibbed a little because he truly loved Alicia and I think lana fibbed a little because i believe she went all the way in Paris. Everyone is prone to lying in the bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                            I think Clark fibbed a little because he truly loved Alicia and I think lana fibbed a little because i believe she went all the way in Paris. Everyone is prone to lying in the bedroom.
                            Or with Whitney who she was with for years....

or with the Krypto freak who she was his sex slave essentially...

Or with Clark at the orgy in the barn in spell...

honestly I was convinced she was like a barbie down there...

Comment

I don't think Clark was in love with Alicia per say, he didn't really know her well enough to be in love with her. I believe he was in love with the fact that he could be himself with her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎