This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Music of "Mortal"

Discuss! =)

I really liked the song at the end...does anyone know what the title of it is.

Comment

A Message by Coldplay off their X & Y album. I had been listening to it all summer, but I suddenly have renewed interest in it.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

I loved that song too! It fit so perfectly /c the moment!

Comment

that song is great
            it fit the moment perfectly, romantic & dramatic.

Comment

Smallville immortalizes a lot of songs. Many songs i recognize only because they were in a smallvile ep. This is the second time they used a coldplay song in Smallvile. The other time was " Nobody said it was easy" in season 2. (I know its not the real title, so nitpick away).

Comment

Tacosupes, I believe it was called "The Scientist," but I can't remember the exact episode! I could just click over to the Music section on K-Site, but being that it is 2am, I'm just too tired! lol

I agree that SV immortalizes songs, what a great way to put it.

And major props to TPTB, because I was actually afraid that they might use a super-cheesy song for the love scene, but I was so proud when I head "A Message!" What an appropriate song, not over the top romantic, but meaningful and powerful.

BTW, X&Y is an amazing album, and everyone should listen to it!

Comment

weren't there 3 coldplay songs so far?

Comment

Mortal made me go buy the Coldplay cd. What a great marketing strategy! heh Awesome cd and episode 2 soundtrack.

Comment

OMG, Lifehouse has a *list* - Everything (Of course), Take Me Away, Breathe, Come Back Down, You and Me, Blind ... did I miss any?

Did I mention Jason Wade is *cute*?

Comment

Originally posted by metal gear kal-el
                        weren't there 3 coldplay songs so far?
                        Oh so right. SV used "The Scientist" (like I said, can't remember the episode), "In My Place" (again, can't remember the episode - S1 I think?), and now "A Message."

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefan26
                          SV used "The Scientist" (like I said, can't remember the episode)
                          It was fan favorite episode Rosseta (The one with Christopher Reeve)

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefan26
                            Oh so right. SV used "The Scientist" (like I said, can't remember the episode), "In My Place" (again, can't remember the episode - S1 I think?), and now "A Message."
                            And "Fix You." I can't remember which episode but it was one during the end of the 4th season. I remember when I heard it, thinking "that sounds like Coldplay" but it was before X/Y came out and I hadn't heard it yet. Then when I got the CD, I remembered that was the song I heard on Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingofclark/tom
                              And "Fix You." I can't remember which episode but it was one during the end of the 4th season. I remember when I heard it, thinking "that sounds like Coldplay" but it was before X/Y came out and I hadn't heard it yet. Then when I got the CD, I remembered that was the song I heard on Smallville.
                              I don't think they played "Fix You" in Season 4 of Smallville they did play that song in the finale of The O.C. but I might be wrong about that

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎