"Mortal" Reviews and Recaps

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I wasn't really "offended" either... That's too strong a word for how I felt about that part of the story.... My feeling was more like "annoyed."

But, like I said, not annoyed enough to count the episode down too much, I still really enjoyed it, but I disliked them and didn't think they really added to the story much.

On the bright side, they weren't actually on screen a whole lot.

Comment

Re: one of my top 5 episodes to date!!

Originally posted by SuperVillian
      I thought it was an amazing episode!!!

Now, it's abvious that all the Clark/Chloe scenes were awsome, well written, and came across as very honest, "my best friend's an alien" chatter... definately one of the best parts of the episode. Allison is, in my opinion, besides John Glover, is one of the best actors on the entire show... and getting incredibly hot, too heh...

The Clark/Lana was a little cheesy (but I admit I have never been a real Chlana fan) but I thought they did a good job of keeping most of it off-camera.. and with the show trying to get those two together for so long it was actually a relief to see them actually "do it". Who knows, maybe this opens the door to kill Lana to make way for Chlois?? .. ya never know... the Lana character has got to die now... sometime....

What I don't understand is why a lot of people are so hard on the FOTWs this episode... I thought they were great!! After seeing 4 seasons of Clark finding and disposing of regular kids who drown, die, or just fall next to kryptonite, inhale it, or have some other kinda weak way of getting super powers these ones actually had depth!!! I mean, this is the first sign of actual Luthorcorp Level 3 experiments (after hearing about level 3 so many times i can't tell you how long i've waited for this)!!! And Lex himself releases them and sends them after Clark AND HIS FAMILY!!! Just to prove his obsession with Clark!!! Tommy had total attitude (love him from the Shield) and the twins were colorful, creepy, and actually very entertaining to watch (especially the whole fight scene with Lana where they get a nail in the hand)... as for the "Wonder Twins" reference I think it was just a cool DC shout out since they're powers were just remotely related to the actual (and less inventive) wonder twins... I thought it was hilarious (in a good way).

After 4 seasons this episode felt a little more comicbook style and I have to say I loved it!! Cool special effects, great dialogue (minus a few cheesy one-liners.. which actually fits a comicbook-stlye theme ironically enough heh), and some of the best FOTW to date (except Alicia.. but it's tough to beat a hot villian with cool powers).

10/10

Now bring back Tommy and the twins to kill Lana lol
      Lana is not going to die I know that for a fact.

When clark is a reporter in the future
      he still keeps in touch with lana.

Although his new love will be louis
      Plus clark is going to most likely going to get his powers back when he touches a stone.

The episode was ok but clark whopping lex with out any powers was the greatest.

Comment

Ahhhh, feels good to be able to have more Omar (TWoP) caps... My fave parts of his recap of "Mortal":
        Welcome back to Season 5: The One Where Clark's Got No Powers. I'm sure hammering nails with a hammer and running at normal speed will be just as exciting as x-ray vision and super-strength were.

"Destiny is another word for not having a choice," Clark says. And freedom's just another word for not wearing pants. We get it.

Lana says that she can't believe another meteor shower hit the town, "as if the first one when [they] were kids wasn't bad enough." Her parents were flattened by a meteor. So she's gone from bringing it up constantly to being flippant about it. I guess that's some sort of progress.

"You're right," Lana says brightly, "no more crystals or spaceships or meteor showers." "Sounds good to me," Clark says. Can we add to that list octagons, back tattoos, and French witches?

"You and Jason never...?" Clark asks. Lana says no. That explains Jason's erratic and crazy behavior before he died recently. Now I know how he survived falling off a cliff. His blue balls kept him afloat in the rapids.

Clark Kent is crawling through an air duct. I'm waiting for an ironic shot where they pan out and he's in the intestinal tract of a giant gerbil.

"Well, ain't this a right pickle?" I have no idea how to respond to that, but he's certainly asking it on the right show.

The Talon at night. Clark shows up at Lana's apartment. Lana asks what happened. Clark says he was saying goodbye to an old friend. "You ever heard of a handshake?" she asks. Look, it's very late in the game to be saying so, but if Lana had better lines and delivered them the way she did in parts of this episode, I think we'd all like her character a whole lot more. A flat character coupled with borderline acting choices are what have made her so reviled. I don't want to hate this character, especially since she's never just going to go away. So, come on. Better lines. Better delivery. Less whispery angsty crap. Make her a strong, smart, occasionally amusing person and we'll accept her. Promise. Oh, and give her a job or something. What is it she's doing all day, anyway?

Clark says that with everything that's happened, he thought his life would be easier now. But, he says, you can't be certain what'll happen tomorrow. Oh. Just. Shut. Up. Lana says no, you can't. And that's the dialogue that leads to sex? Wow. Awful. I should have been a whiny moper in high school.
        Hee, yay! Yay for Omar.
        shirkie

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎