No announcement yet.

How can you "TAKE" Clarks power?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svsabbiesv
    I just watched superman 2 the other night, and when Clark wanted to be with Lois, Clarks mom said in order to live life with a mortal he must become a mortal and took hos powers away too...I'm not sure how esp how you were saying...but its something they took from the movies.
    Yea I seen that one to
    although it was red light that took his heat but not just like that.

He had to go into a crystal like chamber thing.

Plus it sucks for john because clark can't build the house in a day.

They are going to be homeless

Comment

Well, if now's the time that they skip 3 months ahead, then maybe they can have it rebuilt by then.

It would be cool to see Lex put up the Kents in his mansion to keep an eye on them, though Jonathan and maybe even Clark would never agree.

Comment

jo el can take his powers cuz hes jor el....i do agree that jus cuz he is his father, that he can take his powers..after all..its not like he was a human and got powers like.,.,...a power ranger...or witch but ya...It made the Episode better and more ppl will want to watch the next cuple episodes to find out how he gets them back..its kalled a hook..to hook ppl into watching the next episodes for curiousity

Comment

taking clarks powers away hardly shows how he becoems superman later. I love how everyone thinks superman is something he becomes, and had to grow into. Superman isn't a seperate person. He has Clark's past. Everything Clark does, effects Superman. That's why a lot of diehards are mad at this show. This isn't Clark before the cape and tights. This is Dawsons Creek, with superpowers. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Clark didn't retouinely lose his powers because his dead biological fathers soul/computer imprinted memory took them away. He didn't run from home when trouble with supervillains created by kryptonite and problems with reltationshpes "forced" him to go on red k. He didn't kill FOTW's to learn that killing is wrong.

This is a hollywoodized version, of how a moderately borderline goodguy grows up to be a subpar superhero.

Comment

Not a subpar Superhero, the paragon of all Superheroes!

The way I understand it, Kryptonians are highly intelligent beings with some abilities of their own. They have some level of superhuman strength, possibly the ability to fly, maybe some low-level telekinesis. The thing is, the yellow sun is like a supercharger. It puts them into overdrive and makes them incredibly stronger and more powerful.

I also think, just as Earth has a fair number of mystical beings, magic and things beyond science, that Krypton is no different.

I believe that to some extent that Kryptonian magic has allowed things like prophecy to take place, and that the scripters have been alluding, if covertly, to magic in Smallville in several shows.

I don't think magic is being used to take Clark's powers away, but that they have been suppressed, possibly by something Jor-El did as an insurance policy. How exactly, I don't know. Maybe something in that energy cylinder Clark was in during his training. Time will tell.

I don't believe things like the asteroid mysteriously breaking up in space and heading to Smallville was technology as much as mysticism and those three elements, which could be magical artifacts as much as technological ones.

Comment

i belive he keeps losing his powers to make the show more interesting..i wonder how u can take away things u r born with....perhaps when he loses his powers..a "shiled" forms over him causing ito filter the sunlisht and make it like red sunlight or som,ething

Comment

Yes but it was the run sun of krypton that he was exposed to that made Clark loose his powers in Superman 2, but he wasn't exposed to any run sun, unless you consider the sunset cause it was red, but that doesn't make sense at all

Comment

Re: How can you "TAKE" Clarks power?!

Originally posted by Admiral_N8
                  Ok...so Clark has "lost" his powers a lot so far....but how can Jor-El "take" Clarks powers from him?

Clarks abilities are based on how his body is made up, his different DNA, different physiology, etc. His powers are NOT some kind of magical force that could be taken away.

So unless Jor-El is actually God then I say phewy on this whole "I am changing your entire DNA in a second" thing.

It was in the script.

Comment

Re: Re: How can you "TAKE" Clarks power?!

Originally posted by zanos
                    It was in the script.

Comment

clark has lots of nanobots in his body that give him all his powers...they generate antigrav. fields, amplify sound for hearing, etc etc.

jorel has the code to turn them on/off.

kryptonite radiates at just the right frequency to interfere with the nanobots.

Comment

Originally posted by chaszer
                        This relates to the tlekinesis issue. A theory of how Superman's powers actually work is that they are based on psionics, mostly telekinesis. This accounts for how Superman flies. While a jump would get him airborne, it does not account for his ability to hover or maneuver, but he would be able to do these things if his abilities are actually ingrained telekinesis. If his powers are primarily mental, then Jor-El could "turn off" his powers by blocking that part of his brain. Similarly, if humans and kryptonians are sufficiently similar, Jor-El could grant Jonathan powers by turning on that part of a human brain. Somehow Earth's yellow sun provides the energy which Supes needs for these powers to work.
                        This is a great explanation. The only thing I wonder is, how is able to do these incredible things also at night if its based on the power of the sun?

Comment

because the power of almiles is stronger than anythink ,,,,.....

nah ...cause he said so

Comment

just re-watched Arrival, and I had to LOL
                            CK thought, he was done w/ Jor-El.....what a BDA
                            guess Mortal, had to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal Moon
                              This is a great explanation. The only thing I wonder is, how is able to do these incredible things also at night if its based on the power of the sun?
                              He can do incredible things at night because of the sun's light reflecting off of the moon.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎