No announcement yet.

How can you "TAKE" Clarks power?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you "TAKE" Clarks power?!

Ok...so Clark has "lost" his powers a lot so far....but how can Jor-El "take" Clarks powers from him?

Clarks abilities are based on how his body is made up, his different DNA, different physiology, etc. His powers are NOT some kind of magical force that could be taken away.

So unless Jor-El is actually God then I say phewy on this whole "I am changing your entire DNA in a second" thing.

Jor-El is god, he's also Kal-El's father, and the father is always more powerful than the son.

Comment

I just watched superman 2 the other night, and when Clark wanted to be with Lois, Clarks mom said in order to live life with a mortal he must become a mortal and took hos powers away too...I'm not sure how esp how you were saying...but its something they took from the movies.

Comment

I agree that it is a movie thing - but that was willingly entered into by Clark (in the film)

This guy is Superman for heavens sake - almost

No-one should be able to defeat him so easily by simply saying poof your powers are gone - he is destined to be the most powerful mortal in the known Universe!

A scne like the one in the movie when he went into a device is one thing but the sun going down and by by superstuff - though dramatically ok so he can get jiggly with Lana and not supersquich her - is not strong enough.

Superman should be harder than that - even Superman in training

Not that I'm complaining - it was a great episode!

Comment

Jor-El set clark a deadline and gave him until the sunset in arrival to return to the FOS so when the sun had set, the curse jor-el put on kal-el had taken its toll and now he has to face the consequence. Bad choice in my opinion. It was soo predicatble he would save lana.

Comment

Is it possible that while Clark was downloading in the FOS, Jor-El changed his body to make it easier to download the info? Or maybe to make sure Clark wasn't going to leave this time?

Comment

Maybe the download didn't finish and it could only be paused until sunset before it crashed

Comment

I believe this is an aspect of Kryptonian mysticism, rather than science. I've made a few posts tonight in other threads touching on this, but I think Kryptonians weren't just scientifically advanced as a race.

Comment

Short answer, you can't just take clark's powers. Long answer, it's smallville, and apparently nothing really matters like where his powers come from, and why they work the way they do. SO Clark apparently has an on/off switch in the middle of his back that anyone can just hit, and poof, powers are gone.

Comment

He didn't say that he would punish clark, he just said there would be dire consequences if he didn't get his ass back to the FoS in time.

Maybe it wasn't Jor-El that took his powers.

Comment

After watching the Original Superman movie the other day (again) when Clark is in the fortress of Solitude and goes on his journey through time and Sapce the bit where it shows Krypton and the Red Sun is say something along the lines of Red Sun source of our nourishment and Strength plus eventual downfall.

it would appear that whilst on Earth the Yellow Sun has adverse effect on Kyrptonians which cause his "Super Powers" remember Episode 5 from Series 3 Perry, where the Suns Solar Flares caused his powers to go into Super Overdive or cut out on him he set of running and ran all the way to Lake Tahoe.

it would not be too hard for the reverse to take effect that whilst in the vortex of light in the forterss of solitude in episode 5-1 then his DNA could have been bombarded with something to nulify his powers.

As I said its Kryptons Red Sun that is the source of the strength etc but its takes the yellow Sun of our Solar System to give him the Super Powers take away the power of the Red Sun and he is mortal, as the scene in Superman II showed.

Comment

If you're going to bring up this issue, then also remember that Jor-el gave Jonathan Kent powers. I don't think it has anything to do with the sun, it's that they decided a long time ago that Jor-el would have the ability to give and take these superpowers at will.

Comment

Dire consequences is Clark's death, Jor-el warned him!

My words to Clark!!!

"CLARK! Lana was regaining conciousness before the sun had gone down, YOU could have supersped Lana to the hospital and still made it to the Artic in time!"

"You stupid, stupid young man, haven't you learned after the death of your brother/sister, your dad's heart problem and your time in the Void that you do not mess with Jor-El!'

"YOU GAVE YOUR WORD! You gave your word and you lied. How the hell can anyone trust Superman in the future if he doesn't stick by his word when he's a teenager!"

"Hurry up and help out Chloe before it's too late! Lex has got her, how the hell he tracked her we'll never know but go save her, you can trust her!"
                          Last edited by Lana_Lang #1; 10-03-2005, 07:42 AM.

Comment

This relates to the tlekinesis issue. A theory of how Superman's powers actually work is that they are based on psionics, mostly telekinesis. This accounts for how Superman flies. While a jump would get him airborne, it does not account for his ability to hover or maneuver, but he would be able to do these things if his abilities are actually ingrained telekinesis. If his powers are primarily mental, then Jor-El could "turn off" his powers by blocking that part of his brain. Similarly, if humans and kryptonians are sufficiently similar, Jor-El could grant Jonathan powers by turning on that part of a human brain. Somehow Earth's yellow sun provides the energy which Supes needs for these powers to work.

Comment

Sometimes we ask too many questions. I think in this case we just need to go along for the ride.

I forsee Clark having to chooses between Lana and saving the world.

Sure it's been done before but remember for most "smallville" fans this is new.

Even smallvilles fortress of solitude is from the 70's movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎