• Show
Clear All

• The Anniversary

Title: The Anniversary
    Pairing: Chlex
    Author: Kalsgirl
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything
    Summary: Chloe and Lex celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary
    A/N: Okay here's another Chlex story as promised. It's a one-shot but I think you'll like it anyway. So tell me if you like it. Oh yeah, I'm also working on a Chlark version of this story for all of you Chlark shippers. Enjoy!

The Anniversary

Chloe went around the room lighting the remaining candles the were scattered around the library. She took the last two and placed them on the mantle above the fireplace. The room looked so beautiful with the dimmed lights and the soft snow falling outside. Chloe looked over the room one final time making sure every candle was lit and there were enough flower petals sprinkled throughout.
    She felt the flame nipping at her finger tips and realized that she was still holding the burning match and quickly blew it out. She walked over to the mirror and looked at her reflection making sure that everything was perfect. Chloe looked alot different than she did during her days in Smallville. Her hair was a darker blond and it made her face look older and more mature, like she was 24 and not 17. She still wore her hair short, but always had it up or curled. She was probably a little taller than she was in her teenage years and alot thinner. She had stopped wearing the bright colors and now opted for darker clothes that showed off her curves. But on the inside she was still the same old Chloe. Funny and witty and willing to do anything for a story. She still kept in touch with all her old friends from Smallville and even went back to visit sometimes.
    She smoothed her hair down until every hair was in place. She had decided not to get to dressed up tonight since they weren't going out. She just wore a pair of dark jeans and a long sleeved dark purple blouse. Lex had always loved when she wore that blouse because it brought out the green in her eyes.
    She closed her eyes and took in a deep breathe and then slowly let it out. She didn't know why she was so nervous. She didn't even know if he was coming. But she still had faith. After all, he had managed to make it last year and the year before even though he hadn't been able to stay long. It didn't matter; even if it was only for a minute, she had to see him, she had to feel his arms around her and tell him that she loved him. She looked over at the grandfather clock on the opposite wall and saw that it was 10:20. He should be here any minute.
    Chloe went over to the window and looked out over Metropolis. The window had always been Chloe's favorite part of the house and she loved how Metropolis could be seen and not heard through the thick glass. It almost took up a whole wall of the room and allowed her to look over the entire city. The tall buildings and gothic architecture were so different from the corn stalks of Smallville. She especially loved the way the city looked at night. Every building was lit up with an assortment of colors and the streets were even busier. The streets were always loud with the thudding of music from nearby clubs and the people were lively and ready for fun.
    She looked down at her hand and smiled when she saw her wedding ring. Today was her and Lex's fifth wedding anniversary. Lex was the greatest man she had ever known. To the outside world he was a cold heartless businessman that cared for no one but himself. But they were wrong. Behind the designer suits and the Luthor name, Lex was kind and soft. He was always telling her how much he loved her and how he wanted to be with her forever. Behind closed doors were nothing but soft kisses and warm embraces. When the news of their marriage went public, everyone said he was taking advantage of the then 19 year old, and that she was just after his fortune. But no one knew just how deep their love for each other was.
    Chloe sat down on the couch beside the window and laid her head on the armrest. She felt her eyelids getting heavier and heavier and she let out a soft yawn. Yep, Lex should be here any minute.
    Chloe awoke to the sound of the clock announcing to the room that it was now eleven o'clock. She sat up and rubbed her eyes wondering how she had fallen asleep so quickly. Just then she heard a noise on the other side of the door. She held her breath and waited. The double doors slowly opened and she felt her heart beating in her chest as Lex entered the room. She had been waiting to see him all day and now he was finally here. He took his time walking over to her and smiled as he sat down on the couch beside her. He held up a red rose and Chloe carefully reached out and took it from him.

" Happy anniversary Chloe." Chloe could feel a lump rising in her throat and blinked hard to hold back the tears that were forming.

" I was afraid you weren't coming," she said quietly.

" Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this for the world," Lex said. He brought his hand to her face and slowly pulled back a strand of hair. He then put his hand under chin and gently lifted her head to meet his eyes. " I love you Chloe."

" I love you to Lex." He leaned forward and placed his lips on hers. Time seemed to stop as Chloe allowed herself to kiss him back. She felt so safe in that moment that she never wanted it to end. She felt his arms around her waist and she never wanted him to let go. She got so lost in the kiss that she almost forgot this wasn't real. She almost forgot that he wasn't there and this moment wasn't really happening. For a moment, She almost believed that he was still alive. She almost believed that the accident hadn't happened and that he was with her right now. All she could hear was his last words to her.

" I will never leave you."

She knew that the moment was over and she knew what she had to do. She pulled back and forced herself to slowly open her eyes. He was gone. Only the soft ticking of the clock could be heard as a single tear fell down Chloe's cheek. " Happy anniversary Lex."
    Last edited by kalsgirl; 09-29-2005, 02:59 PM.

That was so sad, but beautiful.

Comment

Aww thanks!

Comment

That was so sad!

Comment

I love your avitar Eyeluv.

Comment

Thank you!! I love it too!

Comment

Great story!!!!

Comment

That was so sad! Yet beautiful. Great job!

Comment

HEY YOU!!you know i love this because well i already read it before hahaha i know whats gonna happen!!! unless you changed it....

Comment

SWEET.....

Comment

awesome update! please continue!

Comment

that broke my heart... excellent writing though

Comment

I loved that story. It was sad and sweet. It was also very beautiuful.

Comment

Awww!!!

~H

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍