Justice League Unlimited

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm...liked the first episode, the second i liked too but seemed less liked to me than the first imo. i felt the shayera has a boyfriend and goes with him to egypt just to show the entire episode was a filler. i understand that writing 40 minutes of material with plot leading up to the end finale is hard. but i really felt that i and others deserved to have 2 plot included stories. but ah well. still great for the premiere nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by drwood

Does anyone know the origin of Fire's powers? Is she just a good version of Volcana?

One question: In seeing the Legion of Doom, there was a shot of Dr. Destiny. If he is no longer catatonic, what's to stop him from simply entering the dreams of the JLU again?
      Hmm..IMO Backward Galaxy(BG) would be better at answering this question, and other posters. BG help!!!! lol.

UPDATES
      From www.supermanhomepage.com
      The following two half-hour episodes will air in the U.S. on Saturday September 24th starting at 10pm:

"Chaos at the Earth's Core"
      Supergirl, Stargirl and Green Lantern go to Skartaris, the fantastic, hidden world at the Earth's core, to help free it from the rule of a brutal dictator. (Originally titled "Heart of Stone")

"To Another Shore"
      Wonder Woman stumbles onto a plot to steal the powers hidden inside the 3000-year-old, frozen remains of the legendary hero, the Viking Prince. (Originally titled "Elegy")
      For those who are interested in seeing the new Supergirl outfit here is a gif:
      Last edited by Summers; 09-19-2005, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I've never watched this show but I am extremely interested in it. Are DVD's released or do I just have to catch it on TV?

Comment

Yes, they released several episodes of the show on dvd. Far as I know they haven't released them in their seasons yet. There is speculation that Teen Titans and JL/JLU would get their seasons on dvd soon since B:TAS and S:TAS are doing so well. There is some of the two hour movies, and episodes on dvd.

Since the show has extremely, excellenet continuity you won't get too lost in the present season(depending lol). We just barely started the fifth season on tv.

Comment

mel its on cartoon network right? What day and time?

Comment

Yea, it's on Cartoon Network. Right now the times are at 10 p.m. on Saturdays. It's full hour block. Since I get the Eastern Fee it's on at 7 o'clock here. Just check your listing just to be sure .

Comment

Thanks alot mel. Im defenitly going to catch this show now.

Comment

Sure, happy to help if I can . Your lucky you can TiVo it lol.

Comment

Fire (Beatriz daCosta):

Character biography:
                    Beatriz daCosta was a former Brazilian entertainer and secret agent, before joining the Global Guardians. After the Guardians' UN funding was withdrawn in the wake of the Justice League's reformation as the Justice League International, she talked her friend Icemaiden (later Ice) into the two of them walking up to a JLI embassy and asking for a job. Remarkably, in the wake of Black Canary's resignation and the abduction of several members, the short-handed JLI took them on.

Beatriz's power to generate and breathe green flame came from being exposed to an organic energy source called Pyroplasm. However, years later after the Dominators set off a "metagene bomb" in the upper atmosphere during an alien invasion, she was one of the superheroes affected and, after a period of illness, found her powers considerably enhanced, able to turn into a being of green flame, in which form she could fly and fire off huge blasts of flame. Unfortunately, it took her some time to come to terms with her increased powers, and she often "flamed on" involuntarily when stressed or angry.

Comment

I'm likin' the new Supergirl outfit.

JLU, ya gotta love it. Great continuity, consequences (what a novel idea ) and character growth.

Comment

Didn't like the first episode, loved the 2nd. Strangely enough, what made the 1st episode bad is what made the 2nd episode good.

If you don't know who Fire is, read "I can't Believe its not the Justice League," available at your local bookstore or comic shop. She's your typical women's libber. Protective of females, condescending towards males. I can't see someone like Fire liking a horn-dog like Flash. Using him, yeah, but not liking him. The way she acted in JLU was completely out of character.

I felt the same thing about Lex. Lex LIKES being Braniac's pawn? He enjoyed it brainiac playing around with his mind? Lex has always been about himself, he never enjoyed being ANYONE's patsy.

The legion of doom on the other hand was great! I loved seeing all the other vilians, I like how they banded together. The little super-friend's homages were great, and it was nice to see flash do something other then rescue people.

on the other hand I LOVED the 2nd episode. I never really liked the comic Hawkman, but I LOVE this Hawkman. He's brave, he's handsome, he's willing to do whatever it takes for the women he loves. If I was a girl I would totally start a Hawkman fan club.

Everythinkg about this episode was great, Seeing John get jealous, seeing Sheira wear a dress, Batman Questioning why John is still with Jinx. Batman's casual passing of a trap, I loved it! Yeah, it was a filler episode, but it was the kind of filler that I liked.

do you really think Cartar Hall and Sheira are re-incarnated lovers? Or did Carter take a few too many blows on the head?

Comment

remember in the end when they show the last few seconds....it shows those 2 bodies in there so it is not them....well maybe i mean reincarnated means born again in another body so maybe they are reincarnated lovers but we will never know for sure until they explain more specifically and more episodes about it...which i doubt unless they really have no good aces up their sleeves...i mean i liked the episode but i dont want anymore episodes dealing with this again you know what im saying. its a filler and a good one for a filler but i wouldnt want a followup to the filler, rather the lex story and the legion of doom story i would want more shows about them. maybe an all out war between the legion of doom and justice league in the last 2 episodes that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                            I'm likin' the new Supergirl outfit.

JLU, ya gotta love it. Great continuity, consequences (what a novel idea ) and character growth.
                            Ain't that the truth lol.

Originally posted by kia
                            Didn't like the first episode, loved the 2nd. Strangely enough, what made the 1st episode bad is what made the 2nd episode good.

do you really think Cartar Hall and Sheira are re-incarnated lovers? Or did Carter take a few too many blows on the head?
                            I thought they were equally good lol.

I don't know yet. I just felt it will be a seasonal arc, and soon Sheira is going to have to make a choice in the end.
                            Last edited by Summers; 09-21-2005, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I doubt that their reincarnated lovers, but even if they were, we know that Sheira is going to choose to be with GL, and will eventually have a son with him.

Comment

Carter Hall is the original Hawkman, umm I could say more but I don't feel like posting spoilers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎