Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice League Unlimited

Since S5 premiered tonight I thought it might be easier to have just one thread devoted to it because last season there were multiple threads to just one episode lol.

I really loved "I Am Legion" premiere. It was great, and I got a kick out of the Legion of Doom headquarters . To quote my dad and brother when they saw it: AWESOME!!! lol. Seeing Lex(from a POV) look crazy was neat, and Flash was amazing and cute .

The credits showed Supergirl finally growing passed her teenage phase. She no longer has the headband, and her outfit is different. She looke terrific. I can't wait to see her in her episode .

I was just about to post asking when the next season started. I just watched the end of Season 2 (er, 4) and it was awesome. In the span of 2 episodes, there were a bunch of people obviously based on Power Girl and the SuperFriends, the Brainiac/Luthor team, and the whole good guys vs. the government thing that worked so well for the X-men.

Guess I missed the premiere. Time for me to ABSOLUTELY NOT go download it...

Comment

That was such a great season premiere! My favorite part was when Flash used his arms as propellers to save him from falling.

"I'm like a helicopter, sort of."

BTW, the episode after that with the dude dressed as Hawkman was really cool. I was wondering if they would ever utilise that getup.

Comment

It was awesome seeing the Legion of Doom. I wasn't expecting to see Hawkman in the second episode. That was a very pleasant surprise.

Comment

It was great to see the Flash having a bigger role in the season premiere. I know he was used a lot in last season's episode finale (not the Batman Beyond one but the episode before it). It was also fun seeing the Legion of Doom headquarters and the Hall of Justice on Earth. The epsiode with Hawkman was great too. He'll probably show up during various episodes all season long. And since when had GL started seeing Vixen? That was new to me. I didn't know about that. Batman was cool in the second episode also.

Comment

Yes! Finally a single Justice League thread!

The season premiere was awesome! The Legion of Doom, just wow. I was so excited to see Hawkman, hopefully we'll see him again.

And Supergirl! She wasn't in the episodes but in the credits looking amazing! I was so excited that they went with the Turner/Churchill look!

Great premiere!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiked
              And Supergirl! She wasn't in the episodes but in the credits looking amazing! I was so excited that they went with the Turner/Churchill look!
              They changed her costume? I liked the old white-T-shirt one, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                They changed her costume? I liked the old white-T-shirt one, but oh well.
                Believe me, it's for the better.

Comment

yeah, i agree. She looks awesome in the new costume. Much better.

Comment

I taped it and watch it later on last night
                    I really enjoyed I could see there geting
                    back to the old superfriend days.But with
                    a lot more action and drama added to it.I
                    also noticed the new look of the hall of
                    justice I smiled really big when that came
                    on.And to I was surprised to see Micheal
                    Rosenbaumb still doing Flash for the 5th seeing opener.It cracks me up
                    everytime when Flash is trying to get
                    a date any who great to see JLU geting back to normal.And also the
                    Hawkman episode was perty good
                    to it answered a lot questions from
                    the Starcrossed movie.Makes me wonder if thats not the real Carter Hall
                    our a clone hmmmm.But anywho great
                    season opener for both episodes.I am
                    glad to see JLU go back to an hour
                    instead of 30mins

Comment

Originally posted by Jephael
                      That was such a great season premiere! My favorite part was when Flash used his arms as propellers to save him from falling.

"I'm like a helicopter, sort of."

BTW, the episode after that with the dude dressed as Hawkman was really cool. I was wondering if they would ever utilise that getup.
                      Yea, Flash using his arms was funny . I loved his technique on the water.

It was nice to see Hawkman, and IMO a seasonal arc we will continue to see. I loved the continuity.

Originally posted by Spiked
                      Believe me, it's for the better.
                      It is. IMO She has been in that costume for too long. She's not a little girl anymore, and her new outfit shows that. I love her t-shirt outfit, but it's nice to see progression with her. To have it you really have to change her outfit. After all that happened to her last season it's time for a change.

Originally posted by clark25
                      I am
                      glad to see JLU go back to an hour
                      instead of 30mins
                      Me too. It's like the good ol' days. I'm glad we get a whole hour of JLU .
                      Last edited by Summers; 09-18-2005, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Is it just me or is this show on some kind of new level that makes most of the other trash on tv look really really really bad?

A few thoughts...

I really love the psychological stuff that they're doing with Lex. The one thing that I kind've have a problem with, though, is that I thought they brought Brainiac out a little too quickly. I mean, I guess you'd have to be kind've dumb to not realize he was talking to Brainiac, but if they had held back showing him for a while it would've sparked some nice speculation.

The Legion of Doom looks really great, though I'm still not quite sure how you can have one without the Scarecrow. I understand all the legal stuff, but come on!

I love that they're using that particular Hawkman costume and I love that they're giving Supergirl a new costume.

The one scene that made me really laugh like crazy was in the tomb where Batman tripped one of the traps and just sorta jumped through the spikes flying in at him like there was nothing to it at all. He almost seemed bored. That was phenomenal.

I liked that they gave us the names of the villains with Lex. I hate seeing heroes and villains on screen and not knowing who the heck they are.

Flash was great, as usual.

I'm curious to know where they're going with this government guy. Why not just have Amanda Waller in that role? Why him? There's got to be more to that.

Continuity = fantastic.

I am kind've disappointed at the severe lack of Wonder Woman, but I'm sure she'll get more screen time soon.

One of my criticisms of the animation has always been that there isn't enough distinction between each character as far as facial features are concerned. That being said, they continue to do an excellent job with Shayera AND I also thought they did a good job with Hawkman.

I was entirely shocked by Shayera making a joke about Fire and Ice. I found it funny, but I didn't expect it coming from JLU at all.

Let's hear it for Aztek getting some lines.

That's about it for now. Good stuff though, very enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                          Is it just me or is this show on some kind of new level that makes most of the other trash on tv look really really really bad?

A few thoughts...

I really love the psychological stuff that they're doing with Lex. The one thing that I kind've have a problem with, though, is that I thought they brought Brainiac out a little too quickly. I mean, I guess you'd have to be kind've dumb to not realize he was talking to Brainiac, but if they had held back showing him for a while it would've sparked some nice speculation.

The one scene that made me really laugh like crazy was in the tomb where Batman tripped one of the traps and just sorta jumped through the spikes flying in at him like there was nothing to it at all. He almost seemed bored. That was phenomenal.

I liked that they gave us the names of the villains with Lex. I hate seeing heroes and villains on screen and not knowing who the heck they are.

I'm curious to know where they're going with this government guy. Why not just have Amanda Waller in that role? Why him? There's got to be more to that.

Continuity = fantastic.

Let's hear it for Aztek getting some lines.

That's about it for now. Good stuff though, very enjoyable.
                          As usual I agree with your reviews . Your not the only one JLU really makes primetime tv show look bad lol.

Batman, and the spike trap was terrific. It didn't phase him a bit, and he was walk off like it was nothing .

I thought the same thing. Maybe they fired Amanda Waller since she did a poor job earlier(which is a bummer), but I hope we see her again soon. Now that we have this new liason(kinda reminds me of what happened on Angel S5 W&H liasons).

I was giddy seeing The Question in the main credits because of this show I really love The Question. I knew nothing about this guy, but now he is one of my favorite characters.

Comment

I liked the scene at the end of the Hawkman episode when Batman asks Shayera about believing in destiny. He seemed surprised that she may believe in that stuff and I like the fact that he doesn't. It makes him seem darker. I also liked the part when GL said what about the future with him and Shayera since they have a kid together and batman asks then why are you still with Vixen? I laughed at that part. Batman can be humorous in a subtle way. Batman rocked in that episode!

Comment

Batman is the truth...period

I loved how Fire came onto Flash on the plane after he was mooning over her (and how Shayera tried to bring them together)...hopefully they'll become a couple

Does anyone know the origin of Fire's powers? Is she just a good version of Volcana?

As for Amanda Waller...maybe they found out that she gave the order to attack the JLU space headquarters when the President specifically told her not to. However, from "Epilogue", we know that she still played a role in the government later on in the future.

One question: In seeing the Legion of Doom, there was a shot of Dr. Destiny. If he is no longer catatonic, what's to stop him from simply entering the dreams of the JLU again?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎