Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow jen thats very detailed.
    Last edited by TMLS' BROTHER; 12-14-2005, 04:34 AM.

Comment

great info !!!!!

Comment

thanks, guys. I thought if I was gonna jot down some tips, better do it right, lol.

Was it any good?
        Last edited by jen; 12-14-2005, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Yes it was imo

Originally posted by jen
          Steps using ImageReady:

1) Open the *.avi* file you have just saved using the other program. Note: if the clip is long, you might want to select the “limit to every ___” option that can be seen in the pop up window; otherwise select “from beginning to end”
          2) Crop the image to suit your desires.
          3) Click on “image,” select “image size” and enter the desired width and height in pixels. You can work with more or less any size, but I usually used 100x147.
          4) Click on “file” and “save optimized as” and enter a file name and select “images only *.gif” as the file type
          5) Click on save
          6) The file is now converted to GIF and you can start to edit it to Ksite standards by using one of the avatar-making programs.

Hope I was some help at least.
          Note: If you have the latest version of quicktime installed on your computer adobe imageready will NOT open .avi files, just simply uninstall quicktime and either get an older version or get K-Lite Mega Codec pack, that will solve tihs problem.

Comment

Thanks on that note, Alex....

I've never encountered that problem since I don't have the latest version of quicktime installed. At least they'll know what to do if ever the file won't open.

Comment

No Prob.

Yeah, I had the same trouble awhile back so I tohught I might as well share the knowledge.

Comment

yeah its a pain in the ass with quicktime and imageready. i hate the fact that it wont open .avi files

Comment

I don't use imageready for .avi files now, I use adobe premiere, you can just save it as gif straight away and it doesnt seem to take as much ram as imageready does, so I use that.

I don't know if this is ok to share or not, it's on putfile so there's no downloading so it should be ok. This is how you shorten .avi files in sony vegas 6: http://media.putfile.com/Extracting-avi-files-in-vegas

If it's not ok to share, just let me know and I'll edit out the link.

Comment

I dont use it either, i have to keep looking for programs with free trials that support .avi's. its a pain in the butt. so by a month i should have used every program
                    Last edited by Lexgirl33; 12-14-2005, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry.

Comment

Fanart Resource Center

Ok guys, this thread is made for sharing resources such as fonts, (or links to a downloadable font), background/texture pictures, brushes, shapes etc.

Links to free resource sites are also welcome but no hotlinking and no stolen items.

I'll start with some of my own photographs which I allow full use of by anyone. I'll start with some classic cloud shots for texture.

Comment

YAY! Great idea for a thread DL! We love you!

Comment

thanks Ariel

Comment

this is really grat daddylion

i wish i had some stuff to post but am new at all this fanart stuff

normally for a background i just take a snapshot from the dvd

Comment

Well I can't wait to see you enter into the fanart challenges

Anyway these texture/backgrounds can be used as a template for putting many little pictures onto a wall or to layer on top of the pictures, with lower opacity to give it some texture. You can try experimenting with them for a start with using these

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎