'Video Technical Help Thread'

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I'd tell you, but we're not allowed to talk about stuff like that on this site.

Comment

Can you just PM me the money???

Comment

Originally posted by Lane68
        Vegas 6 baby!!
        Love it,dont want to use anything else allthough someday Ill have to.
        I'd love to use Premeire also but i jsut dont know how to use it and its not as easy to pick up as Vegas...But Vegas has some capabilities that Premeire cant match and vice versa....
        I like the interface of Vegas way more than premeire..But thats just my opinion cause alot of people swear by Premeire.
        I agree with Lane, I have both vegas and Premeire, I just like vegas better,but maybe someday I will stop being lazy and learn
        Premeire

Comment

im having some troublewith Vegas 6 trial it says i have to register and then after i fell everything out it doesn't work and it says i have to call the customer service.
          Help Please!!!

Comment

Then its not a trial version...Did you download it from the Sony Vegas site????

Comment

No, that's how you buy it. Just hit cancel or whatever and it'll let you use the trial version.

Lane PM sent!

Comment

Bearcat, I closes the program if i hit cancel
                it says "You must Register Your Trial of Sony Vegas 6.0 to use it"
                Last edited by The Kidd; 09-01-2005, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat
                  No, that's how you buy it. Just hit cancel or whatever and it'll let you use the trial version.

Lane PM sent!
                  yeah what he said...

Comment

hmmmm....I'm not sure what's happening then. Can anyone else who's downloaded it recently help out?

I can't download the trial version because it'll replace my real one. But if nobody answers your question before tommorrow, I'll try and put it on one of the computers at school and see if I can figure it out.

Hold on maybe I've got an answer. Check your PM box.
                    Last edited by Bearcat; 09-01-2005, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I use WMM and I've been having problems with it lately and was wondering if anyone else who uses/used WMM know how to fix it. When I use WMM, it constantly freezes up for like a minute then it unfreezes. Then, once I've started making a video, usually around 1 1/2 minutes of material, the software either locks up permanently and I have to close the program and restart it or I get an error message and I have to restart the program or it just shuts off all by itself. Can someone help? If not, guess I just have to purchase either Vegas or Premiere...By the way, the files that I'm using is in AVI format if that makes any difference.

Comment

Thank you Matt for this thread. I 've gone ahead and tacked it up to the top of the forum.

To reiterate and clarify:

No discussion of any kind, even of solicitations of PMs, about copyrighted software or clips can take place in this thread.

Don't talk about how to download pirated copies of software. Don't talk about where to download episodes. Don't. Just don't. This thread needs to be here, so we will just ban people who can't understand this rule. Thanks in advance for understanding. =)

Comment

^^^^^ You HEARD Penny right
                          Il try and answer the questions as i get home tonight

Comment

Originally posted by The Kidd
                            im having some troublewith Vegas 6 trial it says i have to register and then after i fell everything out it doesn't work and it says i have to call the customer service.
                            Help Please!!!
                            I just downloaded the trial version of Vegas 6 and after I downloaded it, all I had to do is register it to get a serial number and then the program started up. It's a 30 day trial version...

Crap, is it just me or does it seem like you need a degree to work these softwares...LOL
                            Last edited by KEakaCK; 09-02-2005, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Hey Lane - You spoke some good language yesterday when you were talking about compressing video's smaller than mp3's.
                              My god - i was at 91% of Season 1-4 recap and YSI just hung out on me!!!!!!

Bearcat - Great Job on discussing the basics of Vegas
                              I couldnt have done any better

Just another thing with Vegas.
                              When you import a clip into the Vegas timeline you will see that
                              the video and audio are on seperate tracks.
                              Remember if you dont want the audio you must click on the audio
                              timeline and just hit delete key. Ive seen so many people including myself struggle with this 1st time round
                              I will post a tutorial on some mega basics later
                              And a tutorial on how to compress vids with Free Stoik Converter
                              And then maybe a guide on how to rip dvd's with Magic Dvd Ripper
                              Last edited by SmalliesMatt; 09-02-2005, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah Matt! Great thread! I remember there was one here at the start of the summer...what did that one get out of hand? Well, I like this idea, so let's keep it in order!
                                I'd love to see a Magic DVD Ripper tutorial (w/ info on the best settings to use to optimize hard disk space and speed) You should be able to help w/ making file sizes more manageable right Matt?
                                Also, I have a vid making question, but it is rather specific. I know that when you see the Smallville episodes on TV, there are those scrolling adds that fill half the screen right? Well I know there is a way to edit those out. I have seen it done. I figured it would take an advanced program like Vegas to do it, but now that I have it, I can't figure it out! W/o any details here, we have all seen WB footage in the Fan Art forum that has the WB logo on it, right? So is there any way to remove it?
                                Just curious. Any insight would be nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎