No announcement yet.

What Archetype defines Lana Lang?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timester
    Everyone shapes Clark, not just Lana. Yet, everyone else are defined like I showed in the first post. But who is Lana Lang?
    I'm not sure anyone really knows who she is..

Comment

The question really should be, "Who is Lana Lang to you." Because people interupt who someone is differently. She's Clark's first love to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aloof
        I'm not sure anyone really knows who she is..
        Clark's first love interest. There really isnt much else to her. What's there not to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup
          Clark's first love interest. There really isnt much else to her. What's there not to know?
          No wonder she's such a boring character.

Comment

AlMiles' TV girlfriend.

Comment

Well she used to be something more than just the girl next door. Chloe though inadvertently was given her spot. Clark at one time or another usually only has one woman in his life. Lana, Lori, Lois all at different times.

They dug themselves a hole in not giving Lana anything to do that also served the episodic nature of the FoTW. Her being at the Talon didn't really give her much to do than pour coffee when it comes down to bringing the latest FotW to justice.

The most you can say is she serves as the damsel in distress.

They came up with the witch plot to make her more interesting in terms of the main storylines. That didn't work too well.

I have no idea what I'd personally do with her character. Unfortunately they gave her the background of a one shot guest type character. To be honest I think it would've been better for her to know the secret before Chloe. At least that way she could be the one Clark confides the most in and is how we get to know Clark better.

The quicker they move Lana and Clark to just good friends stage the more we'll see Lana written better. Because frankly the fact that Lana and Clark demand a romantic type tension in every scene makes her character incredibly boring. Maybe them being together will make a difference.

Comment

One of their biggest mistakes was to attatch too much importance to Lana, far more importance than the character can comfortably withstand. She's one of the big three, and yet she serves very little purpose in the show beyond dating Clark. I know that some people have said that this is important since it affects the future Superman, but how is it any more important than Martha or Jonathan's influence on Clark? Martha and Jonathan's influence on the future Superman is far more lasting and important than Lana's could ever be, and yet they aren't second in the credits and we don't have the writers struggling to come up with storylines that make them any more important to the show than they already are.

If the producers wanted Lana to be one of the big three and so important then they really should have fleshed out the character's personality better. When people try to describe Lana's personality they usually can only say that she is, "nice". Well, alot of characters on this show are "nice". Clark is "nice". Martha is "nice". Chloe is "nice", and yet we can come up with other personality traits to describe them. Lana has no other personality trait besides, "nice", and even that one is debatable.

Comment

I'll probably get shot for this, sorry Lana fans, but I don't consider her one of the big 3.

Comment

It annoys the hell out of me that she comes before Lex in the credits. I mean, really.

Comment

Yeah I know

Comment

Well she gets more screentime. She is definitely one of the stars. Female lead usually denotes that.

I don't agree MBCorp they didn't give her enough to do with the Superman mythos and Clark. She was always on the periphery which was good first season. But the S2-S4 plots for her were as dumb as bricks.

Chloe works because she can be a part of the main plot AND she serves as tension in finding out the secret. It kind of balances it out. She grew really annoying when she was just the prying private investigator.

Lana is just prying and at the same time does nothing that puts her into the main focus of the show.

If they made her more proactive and always getting into trouble instead of trouble finding her maybe that would've worked. The times I did enjoy her part as a damsel in distress was when she was involved in some way that got her into danger. Not being the random target of some freak.

Comment

Since they made her a female lead though they should have given her more of a personality and a purpose on the show. When you really look at what characters have contributed the most to the main plots and storylines, then Lana is far down on the list. Her plots are always off to the side. In second season they gave her the Henry Small plot, in third season it was the Adam plot, and in 4th season it was the witch plot, which was really the only one that tied in with the main action. Her plots are always the worst ones on the show too. Chloe actually does more in a "female lead" type of role than Lana does.

Comment

Yeah, they split up the original Lana Lang into Chloe and SV Lana. Doesn't work imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                              It annoys the hell out of me that she comes before Lex in the credits. I mean, really.
                              It annoys the hell out of me too.

Originally posted by Bwookie
                              Yeah, they split up the original Lana Lang into Chloe and SV Lana. Doesn't work imo.
                              No it sure didn't. Didn't they do it because they didn't want people to call Lana a lois re-off and thus dislike her?
                              Last edited by angelfire east; 08-29-2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

\

Poor Lex.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎