Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Archetype defines Lana Lang?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A love object nothing more. She should be put to Phantom Zone for some selfreflection
    Last edited by azi; 06-12-2006, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Lana is always the love of Clark life...

Comment

• She's a Siren, someone who causes sailors to go off course and crash and fall under the seas.

She's a Delilah who uses her wiles to sap the strength out of the hero.

I can't say that it helps that she's literally been a witch and a vampiress.

Comment

• Because they have nothing else to do with her. She could be a better person in the show but besides being a love interest in the beginning there was no use for her and now that that is kinda over she has no place.

Comment

• In the future when Clark looks back at his relationship with Lana he probably will see pain, sorrow and someone who gave his enemy the only weapon which can destroy him (green kryptonite).
            Well! That’s sad!

Comment

• When did she give his enemy green kryptonite?

Comment

• The center of all drama and therefore the root of all evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kal-El & Me
                  When did she give his enemy green kryptonite?
                  Oracle , Lex and Lana are talking about Fine.

Lana: He might. After the meteor shower, when I found your dad in that strange trance, he grabbed me, and he told me how to stop them. ( then she told him about green kryptonite, which Lex uses against Fine but he doesn’t respond and says :”Close... but I'm not one of them. I was only made by them”.) .

Lex learns from Lana how to destroy Kryptonians . Lex will use this knowledge against Clark.
                  Last edited by azi; 06-23-2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Lana is Clark's first love.

Comment

• Originally posted by azi
                      Oracle , Lex and Lana are talking about Fine.

Lana: He might. After the meteor shower, when I found your dad in that strange trance, he grabbed me, and he told me how to stop them. ( then she told him about green kryptonite, which Lex uses against Fine but he doesn’t respond and says :”Close... but I'm not one of them. I was only made by them”.) .

Lex learns from Lana how to destroy Kryptonians . Lex will use this knowledge against Clark.
                      Maybe but lana wouldn't purposely reveal that to lex just so he can hurt clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                        Lana's character has never really been fleshed out, so asking who she is, truly is a good question
                        Nice point. But for me Lana will always be Clark's teenage sweetheart who once loved him back. And she was the girl next door really

Comment

• Lana sole purpose in the drama was to get into trouble so that Clark could save her and slowly discover his great powers, his sense of justice and his sense moral right. That having been done, he has grown beyond Lana and Smallville, she was his High School crush, one that every teenage has, not a deeper richer love that a mature man would have. Lana character ( if such it can be called) is shallow, immature, immoral, foolish, and lacking in judgement , compassion, generosity or gratitude, Clark is well rid of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detorio
                            Nice point. But for me Lana will always be Clark's teenage sweetheart who once loved him back. And she was the girl next door really
                            That is how I view her too.

Comment

• girl next door, first love, etc. define "what" she is and provide no insight as to who she is. Even villain, hero, reporter, comic reliever, etc. provide insight as the virtues and motivations of a character. First love does not offer any understanding as to who she really is or what she's all about. the fact that this is still all that anyone can come up with, is laughable when you consider how much these writers are probably being paid
                              Last edited by SlickBlonde; 12-11-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Lana's arch type is to me

Lana Lang is and always will be the gullible girl next door and Clark's human kryptonite/ anti heroic dark angel vigilante who believes deep down in her heart that the ends justifies the means just like Lex Luthor and Oliver Queen do as well in my opinion. The gullible girl next door arch type definitely defines Lana Lang more than any other character on this show, but that's just my own personal feelings about her character arch type.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎