No announcement yet.

What Archetype defines Lana Lang?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Archetype defines Lana Lang?

Lets try to define Lana. Clark is the hero, Lex is the anti-hero/villain, Chloe is the reporter, Lois is the comic release/moral supporter. But who is Lana?

The girl who once liked pink, the sweet and compassionate one, the one that can get on some peoples' nerves.

Comment

I'd say she's a fictional character on Smallville? Am I right?

Comment

Lana's character has never really been fleshed out, so asking who she is, truly is a good question

Comment

Lana

Lana is/was The girl next door who had a secret crush on Clark at one time.Some people define her as Smallville Neighborhood beauty I'm guessing and the character people rather Trash more than Lionel.

Comment

I'd say Clark's high school/early-college love interest. More specifically the first true love of Clark's.

Comment

She's the obstacle between him and his true self.

Comment

Love interest. Coffee shop owner. Kung fu master. Artist. Witch. Former head cheerleader. Champion horseback rider. Beloved of aliens, liver zombies, jocks, fotw's, and future supervillains. Lover of pink. Morbid about her paren'ts death. Bland. Boring. Has as much personality as a piece of lettuce. Clark's first unhealthy obsession.

Comment

Thing is the writers still havent given us a sense of who Lana is. If you see MB's list, you can tell how many times they changed her character. Which I never saw the point of, since season 1 Lana was just fine

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                    Love interest. Coffee shop owner. Kung fu master. Artist. Witch. Former head cheerleader. Champion horseback rider. Beloved of aliens, liver zombies, jocks, fotw's, and future supervillains. Lover of pink. Morbid about her paren'ts death. Bland. Boring. Has as much personality as a piece of lettuce. Clark's first unhealthy obsession.
                    Morbid- (of the mind or ideas) unwholesome, preoccupied with gloomy or unpleasent things; caused by or indicating disease, unhealthy

I don't think Lana is at all morbid about her parents death. It was only during season one that they boldened that topic because they were trying to get inside her character. Clark was the one who was sulking all season because he thought that it was his fault that Lana's parents died. The whole first season she was a lot stronger about it than most people would have been. During the second season when Whitney died she brought up that everybody that she ever gets close to leaves. But she found out that someone she cared about had just died so I'm not surprised if the memory of her parents death came into her mind. And I think it is unfair to say that she is bland and boring. She is one of the people who shapes Clark into the man he's going to become. So saying that she is bland, boring, and has no personality is just a little unfair. I'm not saying that there are things about Lana that don't need to be changed. I'm just saying you guys smack her down a little more than she deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El & Me
                      Morbid- (of the mind or ideas) unwholesome, preoccupied with gloomy or unpleasent things; caused by or indicating disease, unhealthy

I don't think Lana is at all morbid about her parents death. It was only during season one that they boldened that topic because they were trying to get inside her character. Clark was the one who was sulking all season because he thought that it was his fault that Lana's parents died. The whole first season she was a lot stronger about it than most people would have been. During the second season when Whitney died she brought up that everybody that she ever gets close to leaves. But she found out that someone she cared about had just died so I'm not surprised if the memory of her parents death came into her mind. And I think it is unfair to say that she is bland and boring. She is one of the people who shapes Clark into the man he's going to become. So saying that she is bland, boring, and has no personality is just a little unfair. I'm not saying that there are things about Lana that don't need to be changed. I'm just saying you guys smack her down a little more than she deserves.
                      Everyone shapes Clark, not just Lana. Yet, everyone else are defined like I showed in the first post. But who is Lana Lang?

Originally posted by LanaandPete
                      Thing is the writers still havent given us a sense of who Lana is. If you see MB's list, you can tell how many times they changed her character. Which I never saw the point of, since season 1 Lana was just fine
                      That's exactly why I created this thread.

Comment

With any kind of character the option of fluxation is always apparent since it is after all what we do every day as human beings whether or not we know it or not. It's really that particular thing that makes us what we are.

To me, Lana is first and foremost, the girl next store who went out of her way to explore the horizons and see what life has to offer, but of course she ran into a bunch of bumps along the way.

She's done a number of things with her life, but it seems her connection to Clark is having effects on her development and changing her in the process.

Comment

Right now alot of people only see Lana as Clark's love interest and nothing more. They need to give her a purpose, which she hasn't had since Season 2

Comment

I agree, L&C Fan. Without purpose she really doesn't do much and it just seems to be forced viewing. I love Lana to death but some of the stories they dredge up are well mind numbing.

Hopefully AlMiles have something in store for us this year towards Lana's growth besides attempting to cling to Clark.

Comment

Right now, I see Chloe being the one who guides Clark to his destiny. Lana is only going to be the one who showed him what it was like to love someone and nothing more

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎