Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Night to Remember, A Night to Forget

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Keep your money. And leave,” the bearded man who had started at Lex stepped in closer.

“Like I said, I’m only here to have a good time,” Lex had a very bad feeling.

“Have a good time somewhere else!” The bearded man yelled as he swung his right arm across, catching Lex right between his nose and his left eye. Lex heard a crunch and felt the blood flow from his nose just as his eye starting stinging, watering profusely.

Several men grabbed the bearded guy, who was still swinging wildly, and dragged him out of the bar. Lex threw his hands up to his face leaning heavily against the bar. The bartender and a few other patrons gathered around Lex, offering assistance.

“Lex, what…Oh my God!”

Lex opened his one good eye and saw Lois in front of him, her expression betraying her horror.

(the first post was a little too long and I had to edit a major booboo-so here's the last bit.)

Comment

This is great!! Can't wait for more! On another note, I LOVE YOUR AVI! ORLANDO BLOOM IS THE HOTTEST MAN ALIVE, not saying that I don't love Tom, BUT I LOVE ORLANDO! Are you going to see Elizabethtown?

Please post more, I'm really loving this! It would be funny if you put Legolas in it...
      Last edited by EyeluvTom; 09-27-2005, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Can't wait to read more!

Comment

“What am I going to do with you?” Lois held an ice pack gently on Lex’s nose, his head resting in her lap.

They were still in the bar at the bowling alley, in a booth near the back. The manager of the alley had apologized profusely for over ten minutes until a few sheriff deputies had arrived, and after taking statements from all present, the deputies had left it to Lex to decide if he wanted the man who hit him to be taken into custody.

Lex had been very tempted. He disliked being sucker-punched as much as anyone else, but after some thought he decided it was better to let the man feel like he owed Lex for his freedom. The idea that he held that kind of power thrilled Lex and he took his chance here to use it, though he guessed Lois and the others in the bar probably took his actions for less devious then they really were.

Lex opened his good eye and squinted at Lois’s hovering face. He tried to smile, and felt the dried blood around his nose pull at his skin and his swollen eye twinge in pain.

Lois grinned back at him, her free hand resting on Lex’s head, absently stroking his forehead.

Lex closed his eyes and felt completely relaxed, though he was lying on his back wearing an expensive Italian suit in a dingy bowling alley bar, the ridiculous bowling shoes still on his feet, which were hanging over the edge of the bench seat.

“Looks like the bleeding finally stopped,” Lois lifted the ice pack and examined Lex’s wounded face. Lex opened both his eyes again, his left one feeling very sore and swollen, like it didn’t fit in his head anymore.

“Excuse me, Mr. Luthor?”

The voice startled Lex and Lois. Sighing, Lex slowly pulled himself to a sitting position, his head throbbing as the blood rushed from it. Lois had her hands behind him, helping him up.

There was a kid standing before them. Lex fought the urge to laugh as he stared at the same young, pimply faced kid who had sold them their games of bowling. The kid looked scared to death.

“What is it?” Lex asked, not bothering to hide the annoyance evident in his voice.

“Lex!” Lois hissed in his ear.

The kid opened his mouth, but no sound emitted. He closed it again, still staring at Lex with wide, frightened eyes.

“Take a breath, kid,” Lois said smartly.
          The kid nodded and breathed in deep. For a moment he swayed and Lex wondered if he was going to pass out from the influx of oxygen to his brain.

“Mybosswantstoknowifyouaredonewithyourlane?” He blurted in one breath.

Lex stared at the kid, his mind trying to process the question.

“Say wha?” Lois said with obvious confusion, her right brow raised in her trademark look.

“My boss. He, uh, wants to know…well, if you’re done, you know, bowling?” The kid shuffled his feet and stared at the table where the bloody rag and ice pack now sat.

“Yes,” Lex answered without hesitation. The kid stood there for a moment, now looking as if he was going to be sick.

“Is there something else?” Lois prompted.

“Well…I, uh, need the shoes back?” He said, as if asking permission.

“I’ll go,” Lois said, climbing out of the booth and taking the clown shoes from Lex. He had kicked them off his feet.

While Lois went for their regular shoes and other belongings, Lex ignored the youth still standing in front of him and laid back down on the bench, his headache steadily getting worse in the smoky, noisy bar.

Lex laid on the vinyl seat of the booth with his eyes closed, his head pulsing with every beat of his heart. What a night, he thought. Not exactly progressing like I had hoped. Lex started as he felt something brush his socked feet. Raising his head and wincing through the pain, he breathed a sigh and smiled as he saw Lois smirking, swinging her shawl and Lex’s coat jacket at his feet.

Lex slowly pulled himself up to a sitting position again and moved over to let Lois sit next to him. Lois tossed their stuff in the other side of the booth and slid in next to Lex, handing him his designer shoes.

“So what now?” Lois asked, leaning her head on her hand and watching Lex as he slid on his shoes under the table. “You look horrible,” she added, grinning widely.

“Thank you,” Lex replied sarcastically. “You still look amazing,” he added, the sarcasm disappearing.

Lois turned her head, her cheeks pinking slightly at the brazen compliment.

“And to answer your first question…I don’t know. I’m fresh out of ideas, this has been more of an evening than I ever expected,” Lois silently nodded in agreement. “I’m surprised you weren’t ready to go back to the Kent’s long ago,” Lex added, reaching his hand to his face and touching his bruised eye.

Lex kept prodding at his eye as his head continued to pound. Lois glanced around the bar.

“Lex,” Lois suddenly turned, meeting Lex’s stare. “Wanna play some pool?” Lois challenged.

Twenty minutes later Lois and a bruised and slightly bloodied Lex were standing at one of the many pool tables in the bar of the bowling alley. Lex let Lois break, and surprisingly, she was quite good, sinking two solids right away.

After Lois missed her third shot, Lex moved in to take his turn, noticing that most of the patrons of the bar were watching them, or watching Lois. Lex felt a wave of possessive anger wash over him and he took his shot, missing the 10-ball and sending the cue ball into the corner pocket, scratching.

There was some sniggering from the table next to them but as Lex straightened up slowly and turned towards them they stopped laughing and turned their backs to Lex and Lois.

Lex stared at them for a moment, than slowly moved his head around the bar. He felt certain everyone was watching them, and laughing, probably thinking Lex had no idea how to play pool. Lex tried to clear his mind, knowing that what everyone else though didn’t matter, only what Lois thought mattered. Lex blinked against the haze of the bar, his head feeling thick and still pounding painfully.

“Lex, are you okay?” Lois asked, placing her cue stick on the pool table, disrupting the placement of the balls.

Lex felt Lois place her hand on the small of his back.

Lex didn’t feel very well. Aside from the rude stares and the smoky air, his head was pounding worse then ever. All Lex wanted to do was sink into the deep cushions of his leather sofa and drink a large tumbler of scotch.

“Lex?” Lois asked, her voice more insistent, worrisome.

“Yeah, I suddenly don’t feel that great. How about we get out of here?” Lex turned a little too quickly to Lois, his vision blurring for a moment. Lex gripped the edge of the pool table, and willed himself to remain standing.

“Sure,” Lois took Lex’s hand and they slowly made their way out of the bar, and the bowling alley. Lex let Lois lead him, and he wondered if maybe he didn’t have a concussion from the punch.

As they got into the limo, Lex sat heavily in his seat, leaning his head back. Lois slid in next to him, her face concerned.

“Where to, Mr. Luthor?” Jack, the driver asked from the front seat.

“Take Ms. Lane back to the Kent’s, then home for me,” Lex said, his eyes closed.

“No way, Lex,” Lois interjected, causing Lex to raise his head and eye her with curiosity.

“Let’s just go to your place,” Lois said, averting her eyes from his as a slight blush crept up her cheeks. Lex was a little taken aback. “I’ll make sure you lay down and that you’re okay. I feel like this my fault,” Lois added.

“It’s not your fault Lois,” Lex replied, indicating to Jack to head back to the Luthor Mansion. “I’ve been trying for years to repair the damage my father wreaked in this town, but by now I feel it’s a losing battle. Some people will just never get past my name.”

Twenty minutes later the limo pulled in front of the Luthor mansion, and Lois and Lex emerged into the cool night, the stars shining more brightly than they had been in town. As the cool night air hit Lex’s face he felt refreshed, his pounding headache abating just a bit.

Once again, Lois took hold of Lex’s hand and led him inside the mansion; taking him to the only room she knew how to get too, Lex’s study/library.

“Sit,” Lois ordered and Lex, very attracted to this assertive side of Lois, obeyed and watched with amusement as Lois headed towards the mini-bar and poured a glass full of scotch into a large tumbler.

“How did you know I wanted this,” Lex asked as Lois brought the drink to him, sitting next to Lex with her legs beneath her, her right arm along the back of the leather sofa, the left arm offering the drink to Lex.

Lois shrugged and offered a teasing smile.

“You’re not that hard to read, Lex,” Lois laughed finally.

Lex reached for the glass, his hand covering Lois’s. They sat, staring at each other for several minutes. Lex felt a pounding in his chest, momentarily forgetting about the pounding in his head. Lois breathed out a nervous giggle and pulled her hand out from beneath Lex’s.

Lex sipped the scotch and relished the burn as the drink slid down his throat. He turned the glass in his hands, than set it on the glass table in front of him.

“You should really get something on those blood stains, you’re going to ruin your shirt,” Lois observed, indicating the spots of blood on the collar of Lex’s dress shirt.

“It’s fine, I have more than enough shirts I can do without this one,” Lex smiled.

Lois nodded and crossed her arms before her. Lex heard the grandfather clock in the entryway chime midnight.

“Well, it’s late, and you appear to be feeling better, so I guess I’ll get back to the Kent’s,” Lois unfolded her legs and stood awkwardly for a moment in front of Lex.

“So, see ya!” Lois waved and started towards the doors.

Lex reached out and grabbed her hand, stopping her. She stood still, her back to him. Lex held her hand and slowly stood.
          Last edited by lex_4_president; 09-29-2005, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Lex stood directly behind Lois, and raising his right hand, he traced his finger down the side of Lois’s neck, then moving his head forward he kissed her in the same spot. He felt Lois lean into him and as he lifted his head he gently urged her to turn and face him. They stood inches apart and stared into each other’s eyes.

Lex lifted his hands and cupped her face, tilting Lois’s chin up where his lips where waiting to meet hers. As their lips met Lex felt a force drive through his body, as if the earth were moving beneath him.

As they released from the first kiss, Lois shyly smiled and stepped back, her hands wringing themselves in front of her.

“Okay, then, goodnight,” she blurted with a false cheerfulness as she moved back a few more steps then disappeared out the door.

Lex sighed and moved towards his glass of scotch, taking another sip. He replayed every moment of the evening over and over in his mind. After a disastrous start, it had ended up not too badly. Setting the glass on the mantle of the fireplace, Lex proceeded to untuck and remove his bloodstained shirt. Clad only in his dress pants and white undershirt, Lex moved towards the fireplace where he tossed his shirt and lit it on fire. He stood back, taking his glass from the mantle and sipping his scotch he watched the shirt disappear within the warm yellow flames.

As the fire slowly died, Lex turned and saw Lois standing in the doorway. Startled by her sudden reappearance, Lex sloshed scotch down the front of his white undershirt. He cursed under his breath as he set the tumbler on the glass coffee table and lifted the undershirt over his sore and swollen head.

“Uh, I forgot my wrap,” Lois stammered in the doorway, her eyes looking everywhere but at Lex’s bare chest.

Lex smiled and grabbed the shimmering silver wrap from the leather chair where it lay with his jacket. He moved across the room, holding it out to Lois. This close Lex could see there was a flush to Lois’s cheeks and her eyes were bright.

Holding it out for her to take, he waited to see if she would look at him. When she finally turned her eyes to Lex, he moved in.

Comment

How could you stop there? I need more!

Comment

More coming...soon I hope-within the week!?!?! Thanks for letting me know you're reading! I'm juggling many tasks right now, and have been exceptionally busy with work, and life.

Comment

It must be hard to take time to do this story with everything else you're doing! Thanks for taking the time to write it! Can't wait for another undate!

Comment

MORE MORE MORE!!!! You are such a good writer you caputur the details perfectly, this is a amazing story you have a very nice writing talent there.

Comment

PPMS!

Comment

This is alot better pairing then Clark and Lois. Let Lex have Lois, and Clark have Lana!

PPMS!

Comment

Good news-my writers block has ceased and there should be an update within the day....I hope. Thanks for reading!

Comment

YAY! Can't wait! Rosewolfe87:

Comment

Thank you all for your patience!!!

Drumroll please........

Lois Lane was in turmoil. She had just been kissed by the wealthiest man in Smallville, if not all of Kansas and the United States. Now she stood in the cold, stone hallway of said man’s mansion, her back against the roughly hewn stone.

Recalling the kiss caused her heart to pound and her breath to escape her. She slowly raised her fingers, gently touching her lips which still pulsed from the heated kiss. Lois dropped her hand, and leaning her head back she broke into a grin, a giggle threatening.

All night long Lois had been at odds with herself. She’d agreed to this date to simply get Lex off her back about it. And much to her dismay she’d found herself actually having a good time. It had been midway through dinner that the transition occurred. The discussion about running away had opened Lois’s eyes to the fact that Lex was, in a way, just like her. He missed his mother and wished his father was more involved in his life. The specifics weren’t quite the same but the general feelings were. He simply needed acceptance for who he was. Lois understood that feeling very well.

As she had stared at the stars in the clear sky she had found herself wishing Lex would kiss her. She’d wanted to curse herself for it. All her grandstanding and resistance to his advances were for naught. She was inexplicably drawn to him. For Lois, it felt like she was seeing the person Lex would have been had his life been a bit different; had he not been raised by nannies and strict schoolmasters; had his mother lived and his father cared about more than an heir to an empire.

As the night progressed Lois had found herself becoming nervous, and dreading the end of the night when she was sure Lex would try and kiss her. He hadn’t bothered to hide his attraction to her, and by the limo ride to the bowling alley Lois had started accepting some of his advances. This hadn’t eased the feeling of dread that had settled in her stomach. For as much as she thought herself worthy of any man, she had still wondered why Lex Luthor would have any kind of interest in her.

But she couldn’t believe how wonderful it felt to be held, and she couldn’t deny it regardless of who was holding her. She’d forgotten the feeling as she nestled next to Lex, his strong arms holding her to him. Lois, for the first time that night, had relaxed and let herself be held, be protected. When the limo driver almost ran over the dog Lois had been jolted, literally and figuratively, out of her reverie. She’d scolded herself, and once again built up her defenses, keeping her distance from Lex. She had felt almost ashamed of allowing herself to feel. It was much easier not to feel anything at all, and in not feeling she didn’t run the risk of being hurt.

Lois had managed to keep her distance at the bowling alley, while still having a good time with Lex. She didn’t think he’d really noticed the difference. Lois was actually a little surprised with how comfortable she felt in the presence of Lex. She’d found herself joking with him, and actually revealing her father’s pet name for her. A name she’d never so much as whispered to another person. Lois was utterly confused, her heart tugging in one direction, her logical mind pulling her the other way.

But Lois lost the tug of war with her heart when she saw Lex bruised and bloodied in the bar of the bowling alley. Her heart had won out, and truth be told, Lois’s logical mind wasn’t really trying very hard to resist.

She had held his injured head in her lap, absently stroking his forehead while a cool cloth rested on his bruised face. Lois had been quite unprepared for the feelings that were brewing within her. She had kept shaking her head slightly, as if to clear the fog that had somehow managed to cover everything around her, leaving Lex clearly centered, the focus of her attention. All she had heard were the voices of Clark and Chloe, warning her about getting involved with Lex Luthor. But Lois was beyond that now. She had been sucked in, and she wasn’t entirely sure she was sorry about it. Lex knew how to treat women, and Lois had never been treated as wonderfully before in her life. Was it wrong that she enjoyed the flattery and the attention?

When they had finally left the bowling alley, Lex was sporting a black eye and a slightly swollen nose. His shirt had been covered in blood. But still he stood back while Lois entered the car first, and when they reached the mansion, he held the doors for her. Always the gentleman.

Lois had been stunned with her own willingness to go back to the mansion with Lex. She really had been worried for him, but part of her didn’t want the night to end without some kind of validation of her newborn feelings. It turned out Lois wanted that goodnight kiss she had dreaded at the start of the evening. But it had proved harder and more awkward than she had thought. Lois was of the opinion that the man should make the first move. So she had waited for Lex to do so. And it wasn’t until she had made her way to the door that he did.

Lois recalled the moment, replaying the scene in slow motion. He had grabbed her arm, the heat from his hand sending shocks through her system. For a moment Lois had been frightened, the intensity of the feelings and the desire so strong she felt powerless to resist. His fingers had tracing her neck, his breath hot and his lips so soft they almost tickled her skin. Lois had felt she would go insane. He had then turned her towards him, and had kissed her in such a way that Lois was certain no one would ever give her such a perfect kiss again.

Lois turned her head, looking at the closed door that led back to the den where Lex sat. She wanted to go back in, but couldn’t resolve herself to appear so needy and weak. She cursed for not staying after the kiss initially happened. But how was she to know? She had been frightened, and completely out of control.

Lois sighed and stood upright from the wall. Turning, she started towards the front entrance when she remembered; her shawl. She left it on the lounge chair. Lois grinned once again, and spinning on her heels she headed towards the closed door. Taking a deep breath, she turned the handle and swung the door inwards.

Lois found herself staring at Lex, a shirtless Lex, and she felt her insides writhe with nervousness and self-doubt, she averted her eyes, looking up, down, left and right. She looked everywhere except at the man before her.

“Uh, I forgot my wrap,” she heard herself say, fumbling over the words and knowing she sounded like a complete idiot.

She shifted her eyes from the blazing fireplace to the smooth wood floor, and staring down she caught the perfect reflection of Lex. She watched the reflection as he lifted her shimmering, sheer shawl from the black leather lounge chair. She watched him walk slowly towards her, the shawl in one hand. Lois, even through the mirrored floor, could see his tight abdominal muscles move beneath his skin with every stride. She swallowed, a lump forming in her throat.

Suddenly he was before her, and Lois, unable to stop herself, raised her eyes to meet his. Lex’s already bright green eyes were staring right through her. Lois felt her face grow hot as she absently reached one hand out to take the shawl. She was unable to tear her eyes away. When their hands met, Lex pulled her to him, cutting off her surprised gasp with a deep kiss that rivaled the first.

As they broke apart, each breathless, Lex leaned his forehead against Lois’s.

“I’m glad you forgot your wrap,” he whispered.

All Lois could do was nod in agreement. She didn’t trust herself to speak. She allowed Lex to lead her back to the couch where they had first sat after coming in. He lowered her to the sofa.

“I’ll be right back,” Lex whispered, planting soft, butterfly kisses on Lois’s lips, and nose, and cheeks. She nodded again as she watched him go out the side door.

He paused in the doorway. “Don’t go anywhere,” he added, sounding almost like he was pleading with her.

Lois smiled but didn’t answer. Lex disappeared through the dark doorway and Lois could hear faint echoes of his footfalls as he proceeded to some unknown destination within the giant mansion.

The silence that greeted Lois was deafening. Not even the crackle of the fire could drown out the nagging voices that were taking hold in Lois’s mind. She could hear the rationale voice of her cousin, and the irrational but passionate objections of Clark. She could even hear the wise advice of Mrs. Kent.

A cloud of confusion settled over Lois. Her previously contented expression faltering as she looked around the dimly lit room. The artifacts and ancient weapons mounted on the wall, the shelves of books rising higher than Lois stood were starting to create an intimidating feel.

In a sudden flash of panic, Lois stood, and grabbing her shawl she bolted from the room, vaguely hearing echoes of her name being called from behind her but refusing to stop for them.
                              Last edited by lex_4_president; 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Very sexy indeed. My more recent stories have a great deal of Lexis in them (it's my favorite romantic ship) They are the sexiest Male and Female on the show But my stories aren't Lexis centered so I can't really post them here. This story is great and you write beautifully.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎