Collapse
No announcement yet.

How'd you get hooked on this show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really "hooked" yet. I have been watching the past few episodes. The plots are good and all, but I've mainly started watching because I think Veronica is extremely gorgeous.

Comment

I got hooked easily.

I knew that a lot of Smallville fans like Veronica Mars, and it's got it's own little section so that was a good sign. I wanted to try it out. But first I checked out what tWoP thought, they usually have good judgement. And it seemed good, so I watched. And then bought season 1 when I liked it. Now I'm hooked!

Comment

I saw an interview with Kristen Bell on the E network about her some upcoming plots on veronica mars. The next day I was on kryptonsite and i saw an ad for neptunesite that gave spoilers for veronica mars. I clicked on it and read a little, but the show did not sound interesting. It wasn't till i saw a commercial for "Welcome Wagon" on the CW Till i got interested. I watched it, loved it, and rented seasons 1 & 2, got my sister and mom hooked, and now i'm a VM Freak!!!

Comment

The first season of VM wasn't shown on a canadian station until May, once all the other shows were in reruns. The station in question CTV, promoted it a lot in april. One weeknight when I had nothing better to do, I kept seeing comericals for this new show 'Veroncia Mars' to premier tonight. I noticed that Enrico Colantonio was in it. I loved Just Shoot Me when it was on tv, so I decided to watch.
          I got hooked right away, the first two episodes which aired the same night were really good, I started watching every week.
          That summer I even went away on holiday and continued to watch the show while I was on holiday. In August the network messed with my mind by moving the time slot from Thursdays at 8 to Sundays at 5, and then in september they stopped showing it for a month, to show golf!!! When you get hooked onto a tv show and don't have digital cable, that is very annoying. I eventual finished the season, a long the way got my sister hoocked onto the show too!! We had to watch second season by having a friend tape the shows for us, because CTV was not showing season 2 and our friend had digital cable and UPN was part of her digital cable. Now that season 3 is on a canadian network again, we got our parents hooked onto the show too, because they started watching with us. I've tried my hardest to get my friends into the show, even the one who was a huge buffy friend, but I just can't get them into it!

Comment

I think for me the addiction started after "The warth on con". i watched the first few episodes on T.V and thought hey this shows pretty good but then here in aus it was axed and then my brother had season one on DVD and i watched one episode and couldnt stop. 2 weeks later i was upto dounut run. Ive gotten my best friend hooked aswell, in two weeks she went from the beggioning of season 2 all the way to spit and eggs, Its the type of show that if you watch in marathon form you wont be able to stop!!!

Comment

It was around the time that Smallville started to suck. I'd still watch the show, if only for Chloe who has always been my favourite character. And then I heard about the similarities between her character and Veronica Mars, I just had to check it out. Obviously, the premise of the show 'the teen detective' is just a bit cheesy and I believe the promoters of the show should really use other tactics. it took me a while before I was convinced that I should check it out. I think it was specifially that episode in season 4 of Smallville when Clark and Chloe break into this place run by Lex when Clark has been temporarily robbed of his powers [by some solar eclipse??] Chloe shows up and opens her trunk with loads of techie accesories and she's all 'she got them off ebay'. People said that it was very Veronica Mars of her, and that just did it for me.

Comment

It was the middle of the 1st season. My sister would watch it and I would be in the room, trying to ignore her while reading a book. Then little by little I would comment on something in the show or I would try to guess who was guilty in that particular ep. The next thing I know I was the one taping VM on tivo and getting excited over the next ep. And I have been hooked every since.

Comment

I heard a lot of good things about it but never really has the opportunity to watch it... until I bothered to get off my behind and buy the DVDs, now I'm hopelessly addicted lol.

Comment

I watched this show from the very first episode. I saw promos for it, and decided to watch it. I was immediately hooked. I watched every week, and I know for a fact (I am such a nerd) that the only episode I ever missed was An Echolls Family Christmas, which I caught on reruns while the first season was on.

Comment

I don't watch much television, as a rule, but I noticed a lot of online comments all over the place which were drawing parallels between VM and BtVS. I finally broke down and downloaded all the episodes somewhere at the beginning of season 3.

I made a promise in one of these threads that I wouldn't watch the CW at all if VM got cancelled. Here it is, almost two years later and I've kept my word.

Also, to make up for watching DLd eps, I have purchased all three seasons on DVD.

Comment

I hear the early reviews never had I heard such universal praise for a new show and in a way the critics did a better job promoting the show than UPN/CW ever did they mentioned the smart writing the great father, daughter relationship between Veronica and Keith and they also said don't be fooled by the teen drama tappings this is a great show so I dvred the first episode and I was hooked

Comment

Didn't hear any reviews on it. Never even was aware of it when it was on TV. My coworker Paula had a part-time job at a video store and I guess she must have started renting the DVD's one day. Well anyway, I guess she told me to watch it (I remember she mentioned being a huge fan of Veronica and Logan) and that was all it took. I started renting the DVDs and very shortly sped through two seasons because from episode one I thought it was simply brilliant.

That was in the summer of 2006. The third season had not started yet...or maybe it was just starting when I was watching them for the first time. There was some reason that I missed the first several episodes of S3 because I refused to watch the rest of the season. I had to wait till it cam out on DVD and then I bought it the first saturday after it was released. It was nightime and I remember coming home and watching all 20-something number of episodes which lasted me right up until I had to get ready for church on sunday morning!! LOL So I pulled an all-nighter watching S3 when I first bought it!

Comment

Britt, that is awesome that you pulled an all-night for VM! If I had missed the whole season, I would have done the same thing as soon as I got the dvds!

Comment

Hi! I just came to the Smallville section of this forum yesterday and I'm so happy to see a VM section here. I love and miss this show. Still can't believe it ended so prematurely. I got hooked in season one and still think it was the best season.

Comment

How did I get hooked? I had purchased the first season of Bones and was looking online at prices for the second season. One of the sites I visited had recommendations for other series or films that you may also enjoy if you enjoyed Bones - and Veronica Mars was one of those series! I read up a bit on it and wasn't sure if a series set in a high school would appeal much to me since I'm in my 30s.
                                Fast forward to a later time when I was in an electronics store browsing and I saw the first two seasons of Veronica Mars on sale for $19.99 each. Remembering the earlier online recommendation, I thought I would grab the first season and give it a try. I watched the first few episodes, but, because it felt like too much of a stretch for me to believe a teenager going to high school would be able to spend so much of her free time doing all these investigations (and that her father would allow her to do this and to run around freely at all hours of the night), it didn't click with me.
                                Now, fast forward to the last couple weeks. I'd been trying to shake a virus. I'm in bed, home sick from work. I'm getting bored. I decide that I want to finish up where I left off with the show because I did want to see who killed Lilly Kane. And, then, something wonderful happened...I got hooked. I don't know if it was one particular moment or even one whole episode that hooked me. I think it may have been more about the characters. They really started growing on me...so much so that I was able to get past the problems I had with believability because I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen in the next episode. If I did have to choose one episode right now, though, that may have done it for me, I would say episode 6 "Return of the Kane" was one that really stuck with me because it took me deeper into the life of one of the characters that I had already formed an opinion about and made me completely change my mind about that person. One of the great things about this show was how it completely blew my mind several times and made me re-think the conclusions I'd drawn about someone or something. I finished the first season as quickly as I was able to and then scooped up the second season. I think I am going to watch the first two seasons over again before I go out and purchase the third just because I have heard the third season was the weakest and I want to see some of my favorite scenes again! I do so love it when a show just comes out of nowhere and grabs me like this one did!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎